Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Because he's Ed fukking Sheran and he's one of the top artists in the world in 2017. This is a period piece. Don't you realize for the most part the actors are pretty much exclusive to this show? There's a reason for that, they want to keep the viewers minds locked in the timeframe. It really was a cheap pattern interrupt that was unnecessary and cheesy. We know it's fantasy but at the end of the day it's Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones which makes no sense at all.

Exactly, I even thought "ow ed sheeran, I'm sure they'll keep him in the background" but they breh literally look into the camera and say "this is a new song" like he DJ CLUE. Might as well have put up a link (for those who don't know he also dropped a new album recently).

Then he sat there for the entire scene with that goofy ass grin.

One of the show's lowest points :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Exactly, I even thought "ow ed sheeran, I'm sure they'll keep him in the background" but they breh literally look into the camera and say "this is a new song" like he DJ CLUE. Might as well have put up a link (for those who don't know he also dropped a new album recently).

Then he sat there for the entire scene with that goofy ass grin.

One of the show's lowest points :yeshrug:
lower than pycelle's farting

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
In regards to the Sansa/Jon debate, while both of them had sound logic behind their viewpoints, I think Jon was more right than Sansa. Also, there was room for a compromise but after Sansa publicly contradicted him, Jon was backed into a corner where he had to put his foot down. He was crowned literally minutes beforehand; he couldn't start his reign by getting backed down by his sister in front of his new subjects.

Once a civil war is over, the most important step is securing the peace. Or, as Tywin said in Storm of Swords, "When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you." This isn't some "stupid stark honor" thing. Rulers like Tywin, Stannis, Robert, and even Aegon the Conqueror often pardoned people who fought against them on the condition that they swear oaths of fealty. Just like Jon did... And that's in normal times, let alone a time when unity is imperative because a giant army of zombies is coming to wipe everyone out.

If Jon had stripped the umbers and karstarcks of their lands, he would have ensured their emnity. Instead, he probably swelled the ranks of his army by a couple thousand soldiers.

Anyway, Sansa was right in saying that allies should be rewarded. So here's a compromise that could have worked: after forgiving the remaining umbers and karstarcks and allowing them to keep their ancestral homes, Jon could have arranged the karstarck girl's betrothal to one of his allies, arranged for the umber boy to be fostered with one of his allies, and given the Dreadfort to one of his allies (since house Bolton is now extinct). That way, he could reward his loyal vassals without making enemies of anyone.

But like I said, Sansa pissed all over anything like that.

the dreadfort is a major stronghold i thought jon was going to address during his speech lol but was surprised he didn't.

Daps
There are no direct lineage person with part pure Targaryaen ancestry, like Rhaegar, with Jon Snow's features. Every single person with a direct Targaryaen parent has some evident Targaryaen feature, whether it be purplish eyes, blondish hair, etc.

No, Rhaenys Rhaegar's daughter looked just like her Dornish mother. No Targeryen features at all. Also the timelines don't add up for him to be anyone else's child.

Ed Sheeran was given a part as a surprise to Maisie Williams because she's such a big fan.

Daps
Am I the only person who has no idea who the fukk Ed Sheeran is? :dahell:

Fred.
Never heard of him, but apparently he's a big pop star. It didn't bother me, cuz I didn't know who he was, but this is like throwing Justin Bieber in for a cameo...who the hell thought this was a good idea?
Ed Sheeran was given a part as a surprise to Maisie Williams because she's such a big fan.

That's cool, but he should've been in a deleted scene (assuming this is just a cameo).