detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know who Ed Sheeren was before last night, but I'm not seeing why people seem to have a problem with it. Like other people have said, he looked like a random extra. He's not the 1st singer to appear on the show, evidently just the most famous.
That Siguor Ros group played at Joffrey's wedding and a dude from Coldplay was playing at the Red Wedding.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I was gonna let the constant #Targset shade slide, but it's only so long fake thugs can pretend:steviej:Ayo, to all the real #Starkset members, direct your attention to the Summer Jam screen

@Adam3000 @Christian3o5 @BonafideDefacto @tru_m.a.c @mson @R.E.N. Spells Ren @macpat @AkaDemiK @Skilltastrophy @hexagram23 @PewPew @beanz @FukkAPaidEmail @Sincere Noble @Malik @Lord Beasley @Method Man @Twitter @CJ @Uh Oh @chemicalsword @LeVraiPapi@Scott Summers @detroitwalt @Randy Marsh @dabestkeptsecret @irishfury @Triggermatic @Jards @Kostibros @satam55 @The Flying Dutchman@Sonny Corinthos @Bathing Ape @PewPew @ATLien @choc_cardigan @Yessir_Araphat @TheGreatShowtime @Berto @Robbie3000 @Rusty Kuntz@dexwire @Piff Perkins @iNad925 @Rekkapryde @FrederickDouglas
:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/7945534/ <Receipts

He even tried to deny it when he got called out in this very thread:lolbron::

I was tempted to son you then, but I figured I'd let you rock. But nah, you just had to keep going, huh? Well:

When-She-Refuses-Let-Up-Even-Little-Bit.gif

God and Jon Snow forgive, I don't:umad:
These the kind of nikkas you got on your squad @Adam3000 ? :mjgrin:You really gonna let this dude continue sullying the reputation of those with the blood of the First Men flowing through their veins? This seems like the actions of a nikka more suited to #KrakenGang (the Euron chapter of that set that is) or maybe joining whatever remains of #FreyDay:hubie:Y'all pouring jelly on yourself letting this false flagging dude rock that avatar and screenname:francis:And this happened not that long ago in season 4. These new nikkas the reason I stopped drinking Dos Equis:scusthov:

Meanwhile, we at #Targset still rocking with our A1 day ones. No set switching round these parts:blessed:

Matter fact, now that I think about it, I saw this nikka on TV a little while ago:ohhh::

giphy.gif

You know what we do to defectors in the North, right @#StarkSet

Say your last words breh :ufdup:

Wil.gif

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
There are no direct lineage person with part pure Targaryaen ancestry, like Rhaegar, with Jon Snow's features. Every single person with a direct Targaryaen parent has some evident Targaryaen feature, whether it be purplish eyes, blondish hair, etc.

Balon Breakspear...son of King Daeron II Targaryaen

Took after his Dornish mother

latest

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I disagree. First of all, her undermining him in front of everyone was wrong, whether you think she's right or not, that wasn't the place for her to have a back and forth with him and that makes Jon look bad. 2nd, if all that's left of the Umbers and Kastarks is really those kids as the heads of the family there's no need to have children pay for the crimes of their parents.

If these nikkas was Katniss, they would vote to have the kids of the Capitol go into the Hunger Games for revenge :russ:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
In regards to the Sansa/Jon debate, while both of them had sound logic behind their viewpoints, I think Jon was more right than Sansa. Also, there was room for a compromise but after Sansa publicly contradicted him, Jon was backed into a corner where he had to put his foot down. He was crowned literally minutes beforehand; he couldn't start his reign by getting backed down by his sister in front of his new subjects.

Once a civil war is over, the most important step is securing the peace. Or, as Tywin said in Storm of Swords, "When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you." This isn't some "stupid stark honor" thing. Rulers like Tywin, Stannis, Robert, and even Aegon the Conqueror often pardoned people who fought against them on the condition that they swear oaths of fealty. Just like Jon did... And that's in normal times, let alone a time when unity is imperative because a giant army of zombies is coming to wipe everyone out.

If Jon had stripped the umbers and karstarcks of their lands, he would have ensured their emnity. Instead, he probably swelled the ranks of his army by a couple thousand soldiers.

Anyway, Sansa was right in saying that allies should be rewarded. So here's a compromise that could have worked: after forgiving the remaining umbers and karstarcks and allowing them to keep their ancestral homes, Jon could have arranged the karstarck girl's betrothal to one of his allies, arranged for the umber boy to be fostered with one of his allies, and given the Dreadfort to one of his allies (since house Bolton is now extinct). That way, he could reward his loyal vassals without making enemies of anyone.

But like I said, Sansa pissed all over anything like that.

Exactomundo...Robert Baratheon kept Barristan the Bold on as his Kingsguard when he was a member of the Targaryen Kingsguard. He actively fought against the Rebellion forces. Robert should've killed him right? If he did that, there's no Barristan the Bold in the show.

The Reach & Dorne fought against Robert. He should've killed them too right? If he did that, there's no Margaery, Loras or Lady Olenna in the show.

Tywin and the Lannisters waited until the very last fight to join Robert's side. Instead of asking the nikka why he wasn't in the mud with them fighting and only decided to join when it was clear Robert was going to win, he married Cersei (bad decision though lmao). Could've got rid of them too.

The Targaryens murdered Ned's father, brother and all of their traveling group and forced Ned & Robert to go to war to save their lives. Shouldn't they have murdered Danyerys and Viserys to make sure they'd never risk another Targaryen King coming back to power.....right? That's what Robert WANTED to do. But Ned refused. Or at the very least, they should have dumped Viserys in some hell hole and Dany up behind the Wall with the Free Folk. Right? Had Ned & Robert did that, there's no dragons to help defeat the White Walkers because Dany got killed as a baby or raised as an orphan somewhere.

In short, sit down Sansa :camby:

Daps
sub-buzz-1687-1500271321-1.png

That dagger looks awfully familiar

anigif_sub-buzz-2053-1500271770-1.gif
Same dagger dude tried to kill Brann with in Season 1 and Varys claimed was Tyrion's :patrice:

My best attempt at transcribing that page...

The Valyrians were familiar with dragonglass long before they came to Westros. They called it (?)zirtyl perzyl(?), which translates to “frozen fire” in Valyrian, and (?)eastern(?) texts tell of how their dragons would thaw the stone with dragonflame until it became molten and malleable. The Valyrians then used it to build their strange monuments and buildings without seams and joints of our modern castles.

When Aegon the Conqueror forged his Seven Kingdoms, he and his descendants would often decorate their blades with dragonglass, feeling a kinship with the stone. The royal fashion for dragonglass ornamentation soon spread throughout the Seven Kingdoms to those wealthy enough to afford it. Hilts and pommels were and are the most common decoration, for dragonglass is too brittle to make a useful crossguard. Indeed, its very brittleness is what relegates it to the great houses and the most successful merchants

So on a page talking about the history of the dragonglass, they show a picture of a Valyrian steel dagger? Perhaps there's some connection between Valyrian Steel and dragonglass?

Edit: for those unfamiliar with Hilts, pommels, and crossguards...
1200px-Sword_parts-en.svg.png

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Wait @#StarkSet your name used to be @Front2Back??? Shoulda be Squad2Squad :scust:

@Adam3000, I can't agree with your assessment, this was said just before season 4. I can't respect any team jumpers from after the Red Wedding. After that treasonous fete, it's been #StarkSet v the world, and the man walking around calling himself @#StarkSet was of the world. :camby:
I been dappin his post too. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he got called out yesterday but now :mjlol:

This @Roddy Right character brings a lot of baggage to a fukking fantasy show about dragons.
That ignore button is a wonderful thing. I see people arguing with somebody but I've obviously got him on ignore for some reason already.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been dappin his post too. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he got called out yesterday but now :mjlol:

That ignore button is a wonderful thing. I see people arguing with somebody but I've obviously got him on ignore for some reason already.

Done.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Just watched this ep :whew:
- aryan letting whole houses know, starkset runs the north :ufdup:
- sansa might have a point. Jon trying to raise an army of women, kids and :flabbynsick: Soilders:patrice:
- cacwalkers got 3 whole ass giants. :merchant:, what the hell is a kid going to do against that:lupe:
- jamie hitting his own house with that ether.
Cersie: i run the 7 kingdoms:birdman:
Jamie: u got 2 kingdoms and a possible :skip:

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
I wanna see Dorne pull some slicky shyt, like Arya offing and then pretending to be that shisty bytch
giphy.gif

then jetset up to the wall and help the fam. first episode was lit tho, got my hyped

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick observation about the writing

That scene where Jon/Sansa het the news of Cersei being queen keeps sticking out to me.

The way they glossed over that shyt was lazy

So you get a note saying that Cersei is now Queen, which means ALL THOSE people died, and it doesn't even get a reaction?:dahell:

Nah they just go straight into "Well how do we fight her"

This is where I see the need for the books for a leg to stand on for help. Having the main plot points and the ending is great but let's not rush to get there

there are 14-16 episodes left. total. rush to the end? this IS the end.

cersei and jaime entertaining a potential partnership with euron, the buildup in the map room that paid off with euron "courting" cersei, is more of a reaction to what she did than anything jon and sansa can contribute with words, thousands of miles north.

arya going to KING'S LANDING, instead of home to be with her family, says EVERYTHING you need to know about the starks and lannisters. what else do you add by dwelling on wildfire explosions?

"you rule three, at best" >>> *insert shock and awe and anger from jon and sansa*

between the battle with the wildlings, hardhomme and battle of the b*stards, jon has killed AT LEAST as many people (living and unliving) as those who died at the sept. he legitimately doesnt give a fukk about king's landing right now. he said it more than once. sansa just spent the last three seasons being tormented by: her would-be king and husband, a pimp, and a sadist. why would she give a fukk who died at the sept of bealor?

they didnt dwell on it because they didnt need to.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
side note: just watched that scene with arya and ed shereen again. i dont think she makes it to king's landing. lot of foreshadowing in that sitdown with the lannister soldiers.

Daps
Don't get me started with continuity

They taking advantage of suspension of disbelief like a mf. Nikkas straight TELEPORTING

End of last season Euron was plotting to shoot his shot at Khaleesi

This season starts he's going to see Cersei for the same thing:mindblown:. When did he change his mind? Was he in the middle of the ocean then changed his mind? This nikka just sailing back and forth across the world?

Some of this shyt you can't tell me these nikkas don't have cell phones. When they were writing from the books the traveling was way more contained than this.

Keep in mind also that season 4-now takes place in the same YEAR

This nikka Euron got faster ships than the military today:dead:

They're not teleporting, the stories aren't necessarily told on the same timeline.

Regarding Euron specifically, he was plotting to shoot at Dany, but then Yara and Theon stole his fastest ships and went straight to Mereen. Seeing that Euron was going to have to rebuild his fleet, clearly he wasn't going to beat them to Mereen. So he set his sight on a new Queen. Euron never left the Iron Islands after claiming the salt throne, so I'm not sure what you mean about sailing back and forth around the world.

I don't see what's discontinuous about Euron linking with Cersei.

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
side note: just watched that scene with arya and ed shereen again. i dont think she makes it to king's landing. lot of foreshadowing in that sitdown with the lannister soldiers.

How do you mean?

off top I felt like she was considering cutting 'em all when she noticed they were lannister related. They all gave pretty personal statements in addition to their willingness to give her first bite humanizing them in her eyes maybe