Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again this is mostly clues from the book more so than the show but reading between the lines it seems that Rhaegar knew or at least had an inkling that either himself or his son was going to end up being the "Prince That Was Promised". It was said that Rhaegar took up fighting relatively late in life (around 15) after spending his adolescence as sort of a reclusive and bookish nerd. Rhaegar was said to have been spurred into knighthood suddenly by something he'd read in a book. This also mirrors Rhaegar's sudden placement of the bouquet for the "Queen of Love And Beauty" in Lyanna's lap and also the sudden "abduction" of Lyanna. As you've said, most of the thoughts and musings regarding Rhaegar occur from the men, but this doesn't necessarily mean that it's to be dismissed. In the books, Ned Stark, who would have MOST reason to hate and loathe Rhaegar, thinks of him as not the type of man to frequent brothels. Honorable and dishonorable men alike respect him, this of course doesn't mean he couldn't have raped Lyanna but again, as you said, this man abandoned his wife, children, and was a major contributing factor to throwing Westeros head first into civil war, a man as respected as and seemingly noble as Rhaegar wouldn't, in theory, sacrifice all of that for the chance to rape and abduct. A man wouldn't leave his two most trusted and skilled Knights to guard a woman he was simply raping and her b*stard baby.

Again all of this could be wrong and Rhagaer could've just been a horny monster on the hunt for some Stark p*ssy, but I don't think in this instance that it makes sense within the story

Lol. That's not what I'm saying. It's pretty obvious he abducted her because he felt she would help him fulfill the prophecy. I just don't see anything from her perspective.

Regardless though, his actions towards his family were appalling.

And what if Rhaegar turns out to be wrong about the prophecy? What if it's Dany? Will you all still continue to excuse his actions and what they caused just because he thought it was true?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Y'all think they can wrap this all up in 13 episodes? :patrice:

I need at least 4-5 episodes of the end game with the white walkers.

I wonder how long they'll take to complete Kelly C's quest for the iron throne. They are already on the ships so I'm glad they skipped through the rest of that. We spent plenty of time with her gathering forces, it was past due for her to make her move towards Westeros.

Cersei's reign lookin like it'll be short like leprechauns. The one wild card is Euron Greyjoy. He might fukk some shyt up on the sea.

Maybe Killa Qyburn has something up his sleeve :ehh:

There's still more wildfire stashed under the city. The dragons might blow the whole shyt up :dead:

Oh and I'm not sure Kelly C has thought this out completely. She will take the throne sure, BUT the Greyjoys are rapists and pillagers. The Dothraki are rapists and pillagers. They ain't all gonna be singing around campfires and shyt. There is bound to be some in-fighting with these all these nikkas.

Can't wait to see it play out. :noah:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Lol. That's not what I'm saying. It's pretty obvious he abducted her because he felt she would help him fulfill the prophecy. I just don't see anything from her perspective.

Regardless though, his actions towards his family were appalling.

And what if Rhaegar turns out to be wrong about the prophecy? What if it's Dany? Will you all still continue to excuse his actions and what they caused just because he thought it was true?
You can prove that rhaegar raped her and she was there against her will just as much as you can prove she loved him and ran off willingly. I tend to think its the latter with all the suttle hints theyve shown. Rhaegar was a scumbag for disregarding his royal family though, but all these characters have flaws.

i think there is a theory that had him conspiring to join up with some other houses to strip the mad king of his title, but this happened just before the mad king set the starks on fire

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You can prove that rhaegar raped her and she was there against her will just as much as you can prove she loved him and ran off willingly. I tend to think its the latter with all the suttle hints theyve shown. Rhaegar was a scumbag for disregarding his royal family though, but all these characters have flaws.

i think there is a theory that had him conspiring to join up with some other houses to strip the mad king of his title, but this happened just before the mad king set the starks on fire

I always thought that he was planning something after what he told Jaime and it's suspicious how he has the best of the Kingsguard on a whole different task instead of protecting his father.

Daps
How was the war coming regardless?

If Rhaegar never took Lyanna, Brandon and his father would have never went to Kings Landing and been burned. Aerys would never demanded the heads of Ned and Robert as a result and they would have never declared war on the Targaryens.

All of that was from what Rhaegar did. Let's be real here. He pretty much caused everything.

I don't see a war being obvious unless it's a war between Rhaegar and his father which would have had most probably siding with him and a lot less lives lost.

We can discuss this in the other thread. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't particularly like Rhaegar, lol.

No Jon = No Prince Who Was Promised = No Azor Ahai = White Walkers win

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Was just looking to read up more on the Walkers history just cause i find it the most interesting aspect of the show. I always thought that there was more to their story as just evil beings. GRRM isnt that bland. I hope we get new POV chapters from the nights king specifically in WOW or DOS, and the nights king becomes one of the lead characters in season 7 and we get to see interacrion within him and the Others.

Was surfing the web and found some theories that resembled some i heard a while back that changed my outlook on them early in the show. If yall are interested and got time to kill they are pretty interesting, but heavily rooted by the books so they might diverge from the show but have the same endgame

Would be interesting to see what yall think of it

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Proper thoughts on a fukking AMAZING episode a bit later, but all this Jon is the rightful King shyt... surely that's ONLY true if Lyanna and Rhaegar got married before Rhaegar got dropped at the Trident?

For all we know right now is, he's still a b*stard, but he shoudl've been Jon SAND not SNOW. Dude's just changes his b*stard surname because he was born in Dorne, not in the North.

If they got married or if someone legitimises him as a Targ, he's Henry Tudor and the (living) war is OVER.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Proper thoughts on a fukking AMAZING episode a bit later, but all this Jon is the rightful King shyt... surely that's ONLY true if Lyanna and Rhaegar got married before Rhaegar got dropped at the Trident?

For all we know right now is, he's still a b*stard, but he shoudl've been Jon SAND not SNOW. Dude's just changes his b*stard surname because he was born in Dorne, not in the North.

If they got married or if someone legitimises him as a Targ, he's Henry Tudor and the (living) war is OVER.

Jon Snow could actually be legit, just that nobody knows. :yeshrug: Some one came up with a theory that since some of the Targaryen Kings practiced polygamy before it's possible that Rhaegar secretly married Lyanna under the Old Gods and not the Seven.