Inactive
Daps
I would have been like
HaZKbnX.gif

I'm just imagining Rickon really catchin the arrow too :mjlol::dead:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
As soon as I saw that first arrow land I would have been backpedaling towards Jon if I was Rickon....

No way I would have let one of the arrows hit me. Them shyts was arcing like punts.
:patrice:
You would've lost it in the sun
christian-ibarra-takes-a-pop-up-foul-ball-off-the-forehead-caught-by-alex-bregman-b.gif

Nothing? Losing men is the point?:why:

The security of a region is based on Houses supporting each other. If you need 3000 troops from my House to defend your keep....and you lose all or most of them....it's not gonna be "nothing". It's gonna be a problem. They ain't handing out troops to get slaughtered. Which is why most of the Houses of the North didn't want to side with Jon. They didn't think he'd win, and didn't want to waste men and resources on a lost cause.

And if Ramsey could hold Winterfell with just his men then he wouldn't have needed the Umbers and Karstarks for this battle.

Fred.
If by hold you mean withstand a siege then yes he could've according to Ned Stark
"And Ned Stark always said 500 men could hold Winterfell against 10,000."

Rep pending if they ever come back

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This story would too predictable if Dany goes to Westeros and saves the day. Spent 6 seasons just for something that easy to figure out?

There has to be more to it. Plus if the show is still trying to have a similar ending as the books which is what they claimed then the ending is supposed to be bittersweet and Dany saving everyone with her dragons as well as Bran and Jon being untouchable is not what I would call bittersweet.

I think it would be cool if we all, with a week left before the Season finale, go ahead and put out our theories on who lives/dies by the time the show finishes its run.

For me its

Davos- Dies (before the end)
Bronn- Lives (the dirtiest fighter and most determined survivor will outlast most everybody)
Jamie- Dies (during the end)
Cersei- DEFINITELY Dies (during the last season but before the final episodes)
Brienne- Dies (during the end)
Podrick- Lives
Tyrion- Dies (during the very end)
Jorah- finds a cure for Greyscale but dies during the end protecting Dany
Daario- Dies (protecting Dany during the end)
Theon- Dies (during the end)
Yara- Lives (becomes Queen of the Iron Islands)
Grey Worm- Dies (during the end)
Messandei- Lives
Margery- Lives
Tormund- Lives
Sansa- Lives
Arya- Dies (During the end)
Jon- Dies (During the very end)
Dany- either lives and the Dragons die or she dies and the dragons live
Bran- Lives (he'll be the last Male child who can carry on the Stark name and I don't think he'll live in a tree, as the 3ER told him that wasn't his destiny)
Sam- Lives, but his Wildling chick will die
The Hound- Dies
Varys- Lives
Littlefinger- Dies (before the end)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think it would be cool if we all, with a week left before the Season finale, go ahead and put out our theories on who lives/dies by the time the show finishes its run.

For me its

Bronn- Lives (the dirtiest fighter and most determined survivor will outlast most everybody)
Podrick- Lives
Messandei- Lives
Margery- Lives
Tormund- Lives
Sansa- Lives
Bran- Lives (he'll be the last Male child who can carry on the Stark name and I don't think he'll live in a tree, as the 3ER told him that wasn't his destiny)
The Hound- Dies
Varys- Lives
Needs a seperate thread with polls...we also need a betting line going, put some coli cash down

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:patrice:
You would've lost it in the sun
christian-ibarra-takes-a-pop-up-foul-ball-off-the-forehead-caught-by-alex-bregman-b.gif

If by hold you mean withstand a siege then yes he could've according to Ned Stark
"And Ned Stark always said 500 men could hold Winterfell against 10,000."

Rep pending if they ever come back
you'd also have the advantage of seeing him shoot.... he can't shoot 3 arrows at a time.. so you see it launch, ok now run in a totally opposite direction..

see him shoot up... ok start running left, north, south, right..... arrow misses

start backpeddling and shyt... see him shoot another...... run in a different pattern... 30 yards west, south, north, west, east... arrow missed

start back peddling.............

see where this is going.... you also have jon coming too... so it's not like you gotta actually reach his side... you just have to stall till he gets to you

but i said it the first time..... the moment ramsey saw you doing that bullshyt, he'd just have his squad shoot all their arrows and you're fukked.. but hey.... at least you went out with some smarts

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

For me its

Podrick- Lives
Messandei- Lives
Margery- Lives
Tormund- Lives
Sansa- Lives
The Hound- Dies
Varys- Lives
Bronn will die in battle but will go out with one of his classic lines.

Tyrion will live.

Jaime and cersei die.

Tommon will die and the faith militant will be wiped out.

Jon snow will die in battle but will go out in a heroic way.

Sansa will live and rule winterfell with arya and brienne at her side.

Bran will live as the three eyed Raven in the forest north of the wall, it will be peaceful and unfrozen since the white walkers have been wiped out.

The wall will no longer exist by the end or at least be mostly destroyed after the White walkers attack.

Dani will live but will be left with nothing, including her dragons.

Margery and the Tyrell's will rule whatever's left of the south/kings landing.

Theon will die along with euron but yara will rule the iron islands.

Jorah never finds a cure and dies.

Sam becomes a maester and raises a family with gilly.

The hound lives with the rest of the
brotherhood in peace since there will be no active war.

Varys will live.

Little finger will die on sansa's orders.

Melisandre, davos, grey worm, daario are all dead.

Dorne or anyone from there are never heard from or seen in the series again because it's boring and shyt.

After credits scene for the last episode shows gendry floating face down in the waters of meereen.

I'll save this for if/whenever the thread is made, which I think is a good idea.

Last edited:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
ALL TIME GREAT EPISODE

And I don't mean just since GoT started.

I mean since fukking television started.

That is the best medieval battle I have EVER seen depicted. Cinema, television, fukking civil war re-enactments... I read a butt load of medieval history and I've been wanting to see a battle done like this all my life. The sheer, vile BRUTALITY of the melee... ho-ly-fukk. Just a writhing mass of human flesh clawing and bludgeoning... gasping for air and getting trampled. This is why people put so much faith in "God's Favour" during the Kings and Castles eras because when you put 10,000 people in a field armed with melee weapons and bows/arrows you might as well toss a fukking coin. How were people even telling who was on their side down there once they were all covered in mud?

The shots of cavalry lines smashing into each other, the volleys of Ramsay's archers raining down on both sides, of the writhing sea of DEATH and of Jon clawing his way to oxygen through it were realer and more visceral than anything I can ever remember seeing on TV. We look through rose-tinted glasses at medieval times all the time - chivalric honour, knights in shining armour, the pure competition of hand to hand combat or swordfighting that even creeps into our Sci-Fi ("elegant weapons for a more civilised age").... but THIS is EXACTLY what that sort of fighting usually turned into. Brutal. Gruesome. Pitiless and Terrifying. After an hour the entire field would be carpeted with bodies and maimed fighters begging for euthanasia amid rivers of blood. At Agincourt something like 10,000 people were killed in 3 hours. Just imagine what 10,000 bodies lying in a field looks like. The Battle of Bosworth wasn't in any way fukking glamorous and no women watched it swooning. It ended with an unseated King getting bludgeoned to death and being thrown in a shallow grave.

The arrow to Wun Wun's eye also seemed like a subtle nod to King Harold being dropped at the Battle of Hastings.

I knew going in that Jon wouldn't die. By about 40 minutes gone I was starting to make peace with him dying. When the music hit as he was getting crushed I was yelling at the TV and my dog started doing figures of 8 round my feet because he could tell something was wrong.

The tactics from Ramsay were beautifully demonstrated. Jon all confident in his preparations "We're going to dig trenches" "I want him at full tilt" all went out of the window when Rickon became the opening act of Ramsay's show and Jon completely lost it (understandable). Ramsay *never* hit full charge until he realised the game was up and bolted in the opposite direction for Winterfell. He was calm throughout and if the Knights of the Vale hadn't shown up it would've been a massacre. Jon is yet to prove himself as any sort of battlefield commander and I don't really have a problem with this - he's possibly the best melee fighter in the North, maybe even Westeros, but he's honed his skills fighting Wildlings and Others who are all strangers to the sort of tactics an organised army like the Boltons use. He might know his battlefield theory, but when has he had to face a phalanx of pikemen? He's defended one siege against an army of Wildlings. He's fought Wildings in the wild, Others at Hardhome and Crows at Krasters Keep, but Robb had all the experience in traditional warfare against organised armies on battlefields - Jon's ended up being shaped into of a guerrilla fighter and his textbook shortcomings all came to the fore here.

The use of the Vale Army was the only bit that didn't entirely work for me, but I can't really see how else they could've done it. If Jon had been aware and waited, they would've lost the battle. It still would've started with Ramsay's Pre-Game Challenge to Rickon, Jon would've still been baited into a full tilt charge and instead of him and the Wildlings getting trapped in the phalanx it would've been the Knights of the Vale as well. The only way out of Ramsay's trap once he'd fallen for it was the arrival of a second force from outside Ramsay's formation.

GoT has had some serious high points - especially the battle episodes, but this was absolutely next level. The historicity of GRRM's writing is unparalleled in fantasy writing and as I've said before, often manages to give a better experience of history than actual history books. D&D are doing an absolutely masterful job of keeping this backbone of authenticity even when they're lacking source material.

The Meereen scenes were good too - great work from everyone in the alliance scene, lovely dragon action and nice to see Grey Worm putting in some work on a couple of Masters, but yeah... it still pales into insignificance. I could talk about the Winterfell battle ALL DAY.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
as a matter of fact.... cersei said she would make littlefinger warden of the north if he did so

so technically even tho sansa is back in winterfell... she's not the wardeness.. as they are appointed by the king and king tommen would never do that shyt

exactly

that's the next plot for winterfell

LF is the warden by decree of Kings Landing (now who knows if Cersei has any real power to follow through) but it stands to reason that Sansa will need to make a decision between Jon and LF.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

For me its

Podrick- Lives
Messandei- Lives
Margery- Lives
Tormund- Lives
Sansa- Lives
The Hound- Dies
Varys- Lives
Very plausible:jbhmm:

What about those chicks and the queen that killed Cersei and Jamies kid? I'm still really interested in that, but it seems like the show doesnt have much time to explore it fully.