Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I think it's gonna be queen sa
It doesn't take a "plan" to create a mountain of dead bodies. It takes a moron firing arrows indiscriminately into the battle field. It takes a special kind of dumb ass to lose that many men, when you out number the enemy 4:1, and are going to win off sheer numbers anyway.

The writers said Ramsey's plan was a double envelopment maneuver, similar to the Battle Of Cannae.

He could've pulled that off without killing thousands of his own men....obviously, because it's been done several times in history. If you take a plan that works just fine and alter it so it wipes out most of your own army....you're a fukking moron. Which again, is why I'm :what: at people praising Ramsey.

Fred.

it was his army but it wasnt his men, it was other houses' men

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Really tho, I had the :dwillhuh: when Jon crawled out of the pile and It showed Ramsey on his horse with 2 fukking people behind him :snoop:

Exactly. Ramsey took one of the most efficient maneuvers in military history and added a step that wiped out his own army for seemingly no reason.

It would be like you're a chef....you come to my house and teach me how to make chicken marsala. I take the recipe and add a step that kills my whole family and burns down my house. Not as an accident....I go out of my way to add that.
wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it was his army but it wasnt his men it was other houses' men

He can't hold Winterfell, and by extension the North, without an army though. Or with just his own men.

Let's say he defeats Jon....word gets out he lost most of his own army for no apparent reason. The North would have him for dinner like his dogs did. Never mind the Houses that supported him....they would think he's a fukking retard for losing the troops they gave him.

I was honestly surprised none of his archers or Smalljon or anybody didn't pull him to the side like :patrice:"you know....maybe it's not such a good idea to kill thousands of our own men".

Fred.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
The sole reason there was so many bodies piled up is because Ramsey's dumb ass shot arrows into his own men, killing thousands of them in the process. If part of your plan is "let me kill thousands of my own army"....then it's a bad plan. Like I said earlier he had burned through damn near his entire army before the Vale even got there.

THIS - they must have been trying to show how sadistic and evil Ramsay was, but it was a terrible strategy. Add to that that he shot his load and sent everyone out to fight, he never even considered the possibility that there were more Stark forces.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yall second Chapo in charge got worked and Jon fulfilled his mission, he evacuated (some of) the wildlings. We been to the darkside and back, what's a walker to a gawd? :blessed: :camby:
Yall've lost more immediate family members than we've lost White Walker generals though

:pachaha:

Evacuated some but the ones you left behind are now part of the #deathsquad, along with your fallen nights watch brothers

You think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark. We were born in it

#WalkerBane

GCkYsPl.png

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
He can't hold Winterfell, and by extension the North, without an army though. Or with just his own men.

Let's say he defeats Jon....word gets out he lost most of his own army for no apparent reason. The North would have him for dinner like his dogs did. Never mind the Houses that supported him....they would think he's a fukking retard for losing the troops they gave him.

I was honestly surprised none of his archers or Smalljon or anybody didn't pull him to the side like :patrice:"you know....maybe it's not such a good idea to kill thousands of our own men".

Fred.

and what are they gonna do about it? nothing, they lost their men, which is the point

he can hold winterfell with just his men, winterfell is a fort, you dont need a lot of men to hold a fort

im guessing somebody probably said something in the script but that might have gotten cut or never even filmed

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
and what are they gonna do about it? nothing, they lost their men, which is the point

he can hold winterfell with just his men, winterfell is a fort, you dont need a lot of men to hold a fort

im guessing somebody probably said something in the script but that might have gotten cut or never even filmed

Nothing? Losing men is the point?:why:

The security of a region is based on Houses supporting each other. If you need 3000 troops from my House to defend your keep....and you lose all or most of them....it's not gonna be "nothing". It's gonna be a problem. They ain't handing out troops to get slaughtered. Which is why most of the Houses of the North didn't want to side with Jon. They didn't think he'd win, and didn't want to waste men and resources on a lost cause.

And if Ramsey could hold Winterfell with just his men then he wouldn't have needed the Umbers and Karstarks for this battle.

Fred.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
honestly best thing for bran to do is let the walkers get him instead of leading them past the wall. would be the 1st unselfish act of his life
You think one of the few people in the entire Seven Kingdoms with the knowledge of how to defeat the Walkers should turn himself over?

Really :stopitslime:

It doesn't matter if they have Bran or not, the Walkers will invade Westeros.