Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the walls sole purpose.

By the way, have we discovered how the Walkers plan on getting past the wall? It is big as shyt. Unless they plan on sailing around it, I don't see how the 7 Kingdoms don't have the upper hand here.

There is probably 30 dudes at the wall right now. They are going to walk right through that shyt. You gotta remember that outside of the wall nobody except Jon and the Wildlings even think the white walkers are real.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You right

And to think I wanted Tormund dead ass a door knob after they stormed castle black. You remember when they cornered him, shot his leg, and left him for Jon to chop down? He's my third favorite character right now behind Jon and Arya.

Speaking of the wildlings north of the wall. :ohhh: You remember when Ygritte shot Jon with that arrow as he was escaping and only pierced his shoulder. How crazy is it that the same situation was set up between Rickon and Ramsey?
Ygritte wasn't trying to kill him. Remember Tormund called her out on it. Said if he was still alive after 3 arrows from her its because she wanted him to live. See how on point her arrow game was at the battle for Castle Black
This is the walls sole purpose.

By the way, have we discovered how the Walkers plan on getting past the wall? It is big as shyt. Unless they plan on sailing around it, I don't see how the 7 Kingdoms don't have the upper hand here.
They can't. It's protected by magic. If only they showed some way the Walkers could get through a magic barrier...:ohhh:

Why Ghost wasn't in the episode: It was either Ghost or Wun wun.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game...ghost-wasnt-in-battle-of-the-b*stards-2016-6#
I would've been pissed if they killed Ghost

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yup, we can all diss his questionable love life, but dude has put in work in multiple situations. We've seen him fight in 1v1, we've seen him fight melee in big battles, we've seen him fight ranged, and we've seen him put in work with all kinds of weapons.

This dude got demoted to the euro league (when he had to fight in the slave league), rebuilt his game, and came out the MVP just to get a glimpse of Dany.

Dont forget breh had a career ending injury earlier that season when he caught greyscale after saving tyrion against the stonemen and still ended up winning that finals mvp when he saved dany.

All his experience also means he knows every situation. He always has a plan and he doesn't mind taking a backseat as the ultimate role player (dude just letting Daario blow Dany's back out nightly on some "but I bet she doesn't love him" rationalization).

As long as there's an untouchable p*ssy motivation, Jorah is a legit top 7 pick if you did a re-draft of the current GoT universe.
:damn:

Jorah need to bust some rocks up in dany before dude turns into mt rushmore.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah two more seasons. 7 episodes a piece.

Is it true only 15 Eps left
:sadcam:
I mentioned this a couple days ago and even tho it isn't confirmed apparently (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think it's enough.

After all of these years of pushing everything along the show is FINALLY at the point where all of these big 6 season long storylines are reaching these massive conclusions/payoffs, like Dani finally getting her ships and army and sailing to Westoros to take over, which has been the point of her story since season 1, or the white walkers finally attacking the south/wall...which has been their story since season 1, not to mention the other storylines to resolve..so many reunions to see and rivalries to settle, with so many mysterys and reveals still left.

as much as I love it when shows gets to the point instead of dragging things out over like 4 episodes, I really hope they don't jump the gun in this case and Rush and cram so much fukking material into a season and a half. IMO They should have 8 full 10 episode long seasons, end it right with decent pacing the way the first 4 seasons did, Because as far as I'm concerned with THAT much material to wrap up there's no way the last 2 seasons can be lacking in good content either way, let the show go out being arguably the greatest tv series ever..with only one slightly underwhelming/weak season (season 5)....which out of 8 is really fukking impressive.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Ygritte wasn't trying to kill him. Remember Tormund called her out on it. Said if he was still alive after 3 arrows from her its because she wanted him to live. See how on point her arrow game was at the battle for Castle Black

Nah nah I know...I was just remarking at how many times Jon has been in that kind of situation where an archer has decided his fate. And it also adds an extra umph to it when you realize that Ygritte was probably just as good as Ramsey with the bow.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
13445410_655657137920261_1913529235577381645_n.jpg

This woulda been a gamechanger

WunWun!
i5ydcw.jpg

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
There is probably 30 dudes at the wall right now. They are going to walk right through that shyt. You gotta remember that outside of the wall nobody except Jon and the Wildlings even think the white walkers are real.
True they need to get numbers back to the wall. I just think from the perspective of throwing wildfire off the top, the nights watch has to be in a great position to fight the Walkers

They can't. It's protected by magic. If only they showed some way the Walkers could get through a magic barrier...:ohhh:

Wait the Walkers can't physically pass the Wall? (this just dawned on me)

So then we're 100% chillin right now right? Unless Bran knocks the wall down, or something catastrophic happens we're chilling....right....right :sadcam:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
#SMA

starks minus army @dora_da_destroyer

:mjlol:
we don't need an army. jon rescued a few thousand wildlings with a crew of five and took winterfell with 62 fighting men from bear island, bran still living with the help of a small girl and one ice cold uncle, arya just took all the secrets from the faceless men then told them "thanks, but i'm going home now :umad:"....#SMS fears no man but the old gods :win:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
There is no tactical advantage to a wall of dead bodies. If Ramsey planned it then he's an even worse strategist than I said. There's nothing stopping people from just climbing over.

You might say "well, Smalljon Umber and his guys were stopping that"....but they literally had to write Jon Snow out of the scene (with him being trampled) to make that possible. Because he would've just told everyone to focus on moving back.

After that Jon Snow, Tormund, and Wun Wun just climbed over the bodies. They didn't even bother to go through the openings the Vale made.

The sole reason there was so many bodies piled up is because Ramsey's dumb ass shot arrows into his own men, killing thousands of them in the process. If part of your plan is "let me kill thousands of my own army"....then it's a bad plan. Like I said earlier he had burned through damn near his entire army before the Vale even got there.

Fred.

That's exactly what he did because he knew what forces he had and his only concern was defeating jon and that's why he killed his own men and created basically a wall of dead and ensuring jon forces. He even waited on top of a hill making sure he could see and waited for davos to charge in. Then released his phalanx to surround jon, while keeping a few men in front of the wall to hack anyone trying to climb over.

But of course this was all on accident or done at the spur of the moment...by your perspective.
Yup, we can all diss his questionable love life, but dude has put in work in multiple situations. We've seen him fight in 1v1, we've seen him fight melee in big battles, we've seen him fight ranged, and we've seen him put in work with all kinds of weapons.

This dude got demoted to the euro league (when he had to fight in the slave league), rebuilt his game, and came out the MVP just to get a glimpse of Dany.

All his experience also means he knows every situation. He always has a plan and he doesn't mind taking a backseat as the ultimate role player (dude just letting Daario blow Dany's back out nightly on some "but I bet she doesn't love him" rationalization).

As long as there's an untouchable p*ssy motivation, Jorah is a legit top 7 pick if you did a re-draft of the current GoT universe.

He's got the monster though!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Really goes to show you how Wildings were all brawn and no brain.

Not understanding battle strategy. Not understanding the usefulness of armor. Storming the wall/castle black, which is literally a siege situation. I thought they'd be a bit smarter.

The wildlings would have no reason or means to know anything about any of that.

Trench warfare where they're from wouldn't be possible, nobody is hand digging trenches in frozen tundra. The same goes for traditional armor, they live off the land. They don't have forges or (as far as I know) access to a bunch of metal.

Fred.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I mentioned this a couple days ago and even tho it isn't confirmed apparently (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think it's enough.

After all of these years of pushing everything along the show is FINALLY at the point where all of these big 6 season long storylines are reaching these massive conclusions/payoffs, like Dani finally getting her ships and army and sailing to Westoros to take over, which has been the point of her story since season 1, or the white walkers finally attacking the south/wall...which has been their story since season 1, not to mention the other storylines to resolve..so many reunions to see and rivalries to settle, with so many mysterys and reveals still left.

as much as I love it when shows gets to the point instead of dragging things out over like 4 episodes, I really hope they don't jump the gun in this case and Rush and cram so much fukking material into a season and a half. IMO They should have 8 full 10 episode long seasons, end it right with decent pacing the way the first 4 seasons did, Because as far as I'm concerned with THAT much material to wrap up there's no way the last 2 seasons can be lacking in good content either way, let the show go out being arguably the greatest tv series ever..with only one slightly underwhelming/weak season (season 5)....which out of 8 is really fukking impressive.
So 20 more episodes instead of 14?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I cant believe how many people are a fan of this guy on here, he is by far the shadiest snake in Westerose
a whole bunch a weak brehs on here whose only hope is scheming, they would not make it in them westeros streets
Yeah, but isn't 74-75 episodes enough ? :jbhmm:
no, not when every other season has been 10 episodes a piece. furthermore, the final number hasn't been confirmed, HBO wants more, so I'm sure they will split the difference and end up at 16-18 episodes