Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
listening to the podcast and i'm not sure we discussed it

what do y'all think of the theory that jaquan was sent by the first sword of bravos to watch over arya... or it was written about her.... or something like that

people are saying why would a faceless man be caught in the first place.... why would he allow that... why did he continue to take up for arya even after his debt was paid... then once saying she'll never be a faceless man before she defied him... then again smiling like a proud dad when she killed the waif and left

it was like he was training her for something else... then testing her to see if she'd blindly kill people... then being happy she learned the training but also didn't blindly kill

All this makes a lot of sense, but the writers have been lazy about stuff like this in the past. Most likely scenario is they decided that having a faceless man be locked up was the best way to get Arya to Braavos and didn't think too much about what that actually means.

One of the main trends I noticed in discussions of this show is a lot of viewers assume lazy or confusing writing always equals intricate plotting.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized Cersei has a pretty big trump card she could play. If she tells the High Septon to drop all the charges and give her some power back or she will reveal that Tommen is actually Jaime's son, he is pretty much backed into a corner. He can either a) play along with her and keep wielding some power or b) deny her and lose all power.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Varys is the head cheerleader of the #Targset fan club. He wouldn't betray those loyal to the Targs and he definitely wouldn't betray Tyrion while Tyrion is serving Dany. Remember an entire plot line of last season started with Varys trying to get Tyrion to Mereen.

wasn't Varys trying to kill Dany back in season1 or season 2? i thought he arranged the poison?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
How have you missed this? He's been telling her the whole time that if she says her name she is free to go. The Waif was telling her the same thing too, except with the Waif there was the implied threat of violence. When he was telling her she could have her eyes back if girl has name, again that's him telling her she can go if she can't become No One. He never threatened her with death if she still had a name.
Ja'Qen didn't let the Waif kill her because she failed, it was because a promise was made to the many faced god and that promise had to be kept no matter whose face it was.
Interesting, I always assumed her only way out was through death. I need confirmation from the writers.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I thought there was talk that Lyanna and Rhaegar married in secret?

Maybe I've made that up.... :patrice:
people have speculated that, but there's really no evidence. I'm not sure how it could work, since Rheagar was still married to Elia Martell

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
I think BlackFish escaped.
The way the solider came up to tell Jaime that he died seemed a bit...awkward and unnatural. Like maybe he wasnt sure of it himself

Im guessing the Tulley soliders let the O.G. escape and then told the Lannister army he died in battle

just a theory :ehh:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
No that wasn't Varys that was either someone carrying out Robert's last orders or Cersei's. I can't remember which but it wasn't Varys
yeah that was Varys carrying out Robert's orders, Varys basically let it be known that anyone who killed Dany would get a title and money.
on Robert's death bed, he withdrew the assassination and Varys wrote a letter to Jorah.

So Varys had a hand in the poisoner coming after Dany...

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The way the solider came up to tell Jaime that he died seemed a bit...awkward and unnatural. Like maybe he wasnt sure of it himself

Im guessing the Tulley soliders let the O.G. escape and then told the Lannister army he died in battle

just a theory :ehh:

escaped where? did he snorkle is way to safety?