Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
Overall, I loved the episode and am loving this season.

A couple legit gripes, but a lot of the complaints I see are just silly.

Blackfish dying off screen is a legit gripe. They brought him back after 2 seasons. Reminded usv how G'd up he was. They def should've showed us how he died. That was an error.

The Waif/Arya ending is a legit gripe, tho not an error imo. From a fan perspective, they've been building up this confrontation for two seasons, we wanted to see an epic 1-on-1 fight sequence. However, I don't think it was an error because the Waif was genuinely a better fighter. In a fair one, she's gonna beat even a healthy Arya. A wounded Arya stands no chance. It made much more sense for Arya to lure her into darkness where she holds the upper hand. It was a great illustration of how her training paid off.

Most of the other complaints I'm reading are shyt. People wondering what was the point of Arya in Bravos :mindblown:
Clearly she just morphed into a master killer. Sure, the Waif was giving her that work, but most other foes don't stand a chance. She went from a weak little girl who only knew how to "stick 'em with the pointy end" to Arya Bourne! And now she's headed home!

People complaining that there was no point to Riverrun :mindblown:
That was big for the storyline. It got Jamie out of King's Landing, and resolved a major L for Sansa: they're not getting any help from the Tully forces. People seem disappointed there was no battle, well there was never going to be a battle of Riverrun, that was a siege. One that would've lasted 2 years if they went that route.

People complaining that King's Landing storyline doesn't matter:mindblown:
The very first scene of the series showed us that shyt was getting crazy beyond the wall, yet King's Landing has been a major outline and shyt that happens there has affected things at Castle Black. Just cuz you can't see how it will unfold, doesn't mean it doesn't matter, just sit back and enjoy the show. I get that people hate the High Sparrow, his soliloquies were getting dreadful, but hasn't had one in a minute. And it's undeniable he's playing the game with the skill of prime Bobby Fisher. Cersei showed her cards, and he pulled trump like a boss:whew:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They use a lot of CGI. Not sure how expensive. Plus a lot of the budget has gone into episode 9, I would assume.

I think they said its the biggest battle on television ever, they probably spent a good 20 million on it probably. makes sense too because all the other episodes have bee short and cuts have been made :yeshrug:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
My biggest issue with this episode is that there seemed to be a lot of shortcuts taken because of a lack of budget.
The Black Fish dies off-screen.
Arya dispatches with The Waif off-screen.
Dany arrives on her dragon off-screen and then we get a 2 second background shot of the dragon flying away. Did the dragon start attacking the slavers ships? Did he just put up the deuces and fly away? Who knows?
They need to figure out how to balance their budget better or HBO needs to throw some more cash their way so they can actually put some of those cool moments that are alluded to on the TV screen.
Co-sign. I respeck the pace for budgeting, but what could the above really cost?

How much is needed to see Black Fish surrounded by a couple of Lannister goofs, murk a few then ultimately come up short?
The Arya one I sort of understand why they would do that off screen. Would have atleast liked to see her yank the Waif into the dark, before it went to black.
Last one probably irked me the most. Did Drogon actually put his fire to purpose against those ships? Or drop off Dany and take off with the chaos still going on, lol.

Very anticlimactic all around.

Ah well, EP. 9 should be all out :banderas: end to end though. I hope :whew:

Sister Mary Clarence

I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.
Daps
Reppin
Saint Katherine's Convent
:russ: now im sitting here picturing Jaime spittin that whole verse to Edmure

"all i make is one raven call, all the Tullys disappear by tomorrow":demonic:

Don't you know my nikka Ramsey like to kidnap kids?
Hide em the dungeon, maybe cut off their dikk?
That's how it is, my shyt is laid out (what)
fukk that siege shyt, that shyt is played out (played out)
All I make is one raven call, all the Tullys disappear by tomorrow
All your Valerian is borrowed, I don't feel sorrow

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
My biggest issue with this episode is that there seemed to be a lot of shortcuts taken because of a lack of budget.
The Black Fish dies off-screen.
Arya dispatches with The Waif off-screen.
Dany arrives on her dragon off-screen and then we get a 2 second background shot of the dragon flying away. Did the dragon start attacking the slavers ships? Did he just put up the deuces and fly away? Who knows?
They need to figure out how to balance their budget better or HBO needs to throw some more cash their way so they can actually put some of those cool moments that are alluded to on the TV screen.
this was the 1st time I can remember it being this egregious though. Some of those scenes where we see daneries Dragon's shadow hovering over her flock were sufficient enough they could have caught away and when we returned we could see a wide shot of her sitting on her Dragon talking to her army. To see 360 shot of the Dragon as it flew over to its descent to more tight shots as it snarled is a waste of the budget I believe.
Also i dont get how the show creators are tired of GOT and wanna end it quick, this is HBOs biggest money maker and the one thing making everyone famous
they ain't tired of it they are going to milk it another 2 years when it should really end next year. The show has outgrown the book I guess it's safe to end it whilst the quality is high

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think they said its the biggest battle on television ever, they probably spent a good 20 million on it probably. makes sense too because all the other episodes have bee short and cuts have been made :yeshrug:
20 mil on one episode?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Also i dont get how the show creators are tired of GOT and wanna end it quick, this is HBOs biggest money maker and the one thing making everyone in the cast famous.

Have yall seen these actors outside of the show? :huhldup:

:whoa: Didn't they say they're shooting for 8 seasons? And seeing how we've been watching Dany in Mereen for six year now how long you want these brehs to drag shyt out? Long running shows tend to get :flabbynsick:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The preview for next episode doesnt look good for Jon Snow

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Angry Blackfish fans....

....lets not forget that Beric is still alive in the Riverlands