Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The way d&d does off screen deaths is wack as fukk. I don't care about the waif but blackfish doesn't even get a quick 4 on 1 fight scene before dying? Come on man :beli:

Show is gonna end up with the 3 dragons flying over the north, spotting zombies, and flying past the camera roaring with flames out their mouth followed by a quick fade to black and credits :russ:
:francis:This really could happen

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
you're wrong

we will see next season probably since Arya is done this season by then I'll have forgotten this conversation, lucky you.

there would be no reason to show Arya learning this skillset nor showing her cut the waif's face off, if this was a skill meant to be forgotten.
:russ: what would you have done nikka

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My biggest issue with this episode is that there seemed to be a lot of shortcuts taken because of a lack of budget.
The Black Fish dies off-screen.
Arya dispatches with The Waif off-screen.
Dany arrives on her dragon off-screen and then we get a 2 second background shot of the dragon flying away. Did the dragon start attacking the slavers ships? Did he just put up the deuces and fly away? Who knows?
They need to figure out how to balance their budget better or HBO needs to throw some more cash their way so they can actually put some of those cool moments that are alluded to on the TV screen.

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
My biggest issue with this episode is that there seemed to be a lot of shortcuts taken because of a lack of budget.
Dany arrives on her dragon off-screen and then we get a 2 second background shot of the dragon flying away. Did the dragon start attacking the slavers ships? Did he just put up the deuces and fly away? Who knows?
They need to figure out how to balance their budget better or HBO needs to throw some more cash their way so they can actually put some of those cool moments that are alluded to on the TV screen.

They use a lot of CGI. Not sure how expensive. Plus a lot of the budget has gone into episode 9, I would assume.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

It's a business. They are doing their best with the biggest TV budget probably ever.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I don't think the first two were done off screen because of budget.

They built a huge siege set for Riverrun and filmed there for 3 weeks, it wouldn't have cost much to have a death scene.

They had a huge chase scene with dozens of extras, with stunt work with Arya and the Waif. Showing a death scene wouldn't have cost much money.

I think they were done off screen as artistic decisions. Blackfish telling Brienne he wasn't running but allowing her to escape was the end of his story. Seeing him die is redundant at that point. And the Arya Waif fight was in pitch black darkness to show Arya using her training to win the fight.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Arya/Ja'qen storyline promised so much ando delivered nothing. Very disappointed.

It was obvious before Arya walked in the house of black and white she would never accept being no one. Of all Ned's kids her arc has always been the most personal. She'd decided to avenge her family before she could even fight. imo bravos was always a means to end. ie, a means for Arya to develop the skills she needs to wipe every name off her list. Even if she can't change faces anymore, she knows how to kill without being seen.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Ep was a lil too Hollywood for me:
- Jaime and Brienne waving goodbye
- Danys coming in to save the day coincidentally when the ships arrive
- Arya Bourne's whole thing

I'm cool with not showing how Arya killed the girl because of how they showed her face in the room in the end with the eyes gauged and all.

And as expected, we get the Jon Snow-related war scene in episode 9 next week. How can Ramsey be killed next ep when they haven't built it up at all over the last several weeks? :jbhmm:

Is there just a little too much going on? :yeshrug:

Daps
i honestly think i hate tommen more than joffrey

Wouldn't be right if we didn't get this post from someone again this week :laff:

Old man fukked up, he could have kept his bullshyt pride and rode north...NOw he has no castle and NO army..:smh:

Ya. He won the castle back once he could've won it again. Rode North helped his niece then. convinced them to help him win back Riverrun (obviously, the real war is from the North, so he wouldn't have gotten that help, but he didn't know that). He went out like a fool

Anyone think it might be Cersei who ultimately takes out Tommen? The ironic final blow from the mother who loves her kids to death to complete the prophecy. I could see this happening while she's about to die as well. Just a theory :yeshrug:
What options does Cerci have now? Is she finally gonna die?

I think that cersei confesses that Tommen is a b*stard of hers and Jamie's at her trial as her final play. Granted, I have no idea what rumor she just had confirmed, but I think that's how her prophecy is fulfilled.

I think Jaimie is on his way to redemption.

Brienne told him that he still has good in him.:jbhmm:

Edmure asked him how he slept at night, and Jaimie legitimately looked:francis:

Then when Jaimie was told that the Blackfish was killed, Jaimie looked disappointed that it wasn't a fully peaceful resolution. In fact he might have been planning to follow Brienne's proposal to send the Blackfish to his niece after he received him in chains, but didn't get the chance to because he died fighting.

Either way I think Jaimie is at the crossroads for his character and is going to have to decide in the next few episodes who he is. There is going to be a Lannister/Frey celebration in the finale, going by the trailers, and since Jaimie is the person responsible for lifting the siege in such a quick fashion, I imagine he would be the first one invited there to celebrate.

Somehow I doubt that is where he will be. :ehh:

Only way Jamie gets redemption is if he throws himself out of a castle tower's window. :camby:

I think Jaquen always knew Arya wouldn't fully commit to joining the crew. He figured he'd give her the skills she needed to learn for saving him seasons ago.

Absolutely, and D&D confirm this on the inside the episode.

people made up those theories to explain how she could survive what seemed like a fatal wound. her surviving because of some hot soup and lean isn't much better :yeshrug:

It wasn't just hot soup and lean, Lady Crane patched her up as well. It looked like a fatal wound, but it wasn't a fatal wound, people need to just accept that.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Ep was a lil too Hollywood for me:
- Jaime and Brienne waving goodbye
- Danys coming in to save the day coincidentally when the ships arrive
- Arya Bourne's whole thing

I'm cool with not showing how Arya killed the girl because of how they showed her face in the room in the end with the eyes gauged and all.

And as expected, we get the Jon Snow-related war scene in episode 9 next week. How can Ramsey be killed next ep when they haven't built it up at all over the last several weeks? :jbhmm:

Is there just a little too much going on? :yeshrug:
People been ready for Ramsey to get that work, what more building they gonna do? Rape Rickon?:scust:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
S'wrong with this demonic bytch chasin Arya through the streets like :shaq:

Lights out :umad:
Jamie was a straight savage with Edmure, this nikka said he gonna launch the baby at the castle walls :demonic:

Missandei
full

Sister Mary Clarence

I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.
Daps
Reppin
Saint Katherine's Convent
I think that cersei confesses that Tommen is a b*stard of hers and Jamie's at her trial as her final play. Granted, I have no idea what rumor she just had confirmed, but I think that's how her prophecy is fulfilled.

:dwillhuh::ohhh:

That would mean... Tommen wouldn't be king... the decision to get rid of "trial by combat" along with every other decision he made would be invalid... man... she has to do that.