Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GettyImages-516746860.jpg
http://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...humbnails/image/2016/04/11/09/faye-marsay.jpg

The Waif...:ohhh:
She cleans up nicely, why they make her hide them titties tho :takedat:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm wondering if we are going to start seeing more religious conflict. Swearengen's speech did a good job of laying out the different gods. Differences he didn't subscribe too, but we know most others do. The followers of the seven are armed and playing at politics. It makes sense that followers of other faiths may get a little more militant as a reaction.
If anything it sets the stage for a terrible reclamation process for Kelly-C.

Think about it. From the beginning she was told she has Targ sympathizers in kings landing. Her true enemies seemed to only be the crown and it's allies.

5 years later, Tyrion signs her up with the Lord of light, and kings landing is now mecca for the gods of the seven. So now she has to fight the armies of the crown, and convert the people of faith. She's already lost kings landing because the only way she can get the thrown is by killing everyone and burning the city to the ground.

And we know how she feels about killing non combatants.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Arya has something under her shirt. When have we ever seen her wear an outfit like that. It's completely antithetical to her character.

The first slash doesn't have an effect because it doesn't pierce her protection. Most sword slashes we've see across the thorax have come with blood spurts. Notice the camera never shows the first slash. It very deliberately crops out the body part affected.
why did she lose so much blood then

i think yall overthinking the plot

what i think is gonna happen is Arya gets help from Lady Crane or someone then she escapes Bravos. In the preview she had on a different set of clothes as she's running away

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
how would she put her own face onto someone else's face without that someone knowing

then how does the other girl turn into a damn master acrobat to do that flip off the bridge and know to hide

i think it's simpler than all this.... arya did get stabbed up.... she's going to get help... and then lead the waif into the darkness and sword fight her in the dark and finally win

i think we are trying to do entirely too much here

Yeah I'm loling that people think arya can just go around putting faces on people, that makes no sense

getting stabbed doesn't mean automatic death, it's realistic if she survives stab wounds

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah I'm loling that people think arya can just go around putting faces on people, that makes no sense

getting stabbed doesn't mean automatic death, it's realistic if she survives stab wounds
shyt the hound got his brain bashed in with 10 rock hits to the dome, stabbed up, sliced up AND left in the hot sun... came back with no problem

nikkas and their half baked, "i think it's more complex than that", theories

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That's why Ned just left and went back home. Didn't talk to those crazy fukks for almost twenty years.

What I always thought was wild was the Rebellion started and ended with Ned's family. Ned's sister was kidnapped by Rhaegar. Ned's brother and father were killed by Aerys and the Vale rose up to protect Ned and Robert from Aerys wanting them dead but, somehow the war becomes about Robert. Robert lost his parents in a ship wreck looking for a wife for Rhaegar but, that was completely unrelated to those events. Happened YEARS ago. Robert lost no family members because of Aerys' tyrannical madness (and by "madness", I mean Ned's family being brutally burned alive) nor had relatives "abducted". If I was Ned, I would've been like: "Nikka fall back. This is my war :childplease:" Cersei was kinda right....if Ned would've took initiative, he could've claimed the throne. Nobody would've cared he wasn't Targ. They were rebelling.

Now, I think about it, if Ned HAD taken the throne, he could've revealed that Jon was the son of Rhaegar, and he could've used his Targ heritage to hold the throne as a regent until Jon grew up which would've held more weight than Robert's distant Targ blood. Jon being the Royal Prince's son >>> Robert's grandmother being a random Targ. That might've worked :jbhmm: He could've raised Jon until he was old enough to rule, then went back to Winterfell as Lord and chilled out. He would've been a much better king than that fat fukk too...

It became about Robert because they wanted to have some of the southern houses ally with them. Robert was part targaryen and already known and loved/respected by some southern houses. Just a political move. Also adding in that rhaegar stole his fiancee away.

If it was about a northern Lord coming down and stealing the throne there would be a longer civil war than anybody wanted, even if Robert would have supported Ned on his claim. Jon arryn never gets any shine on the show since he's been dead since before it started, but he was probably one of the best political minds out there. That's why he was hand for all those years while Robert just whored and hunted and the realm had almost 20 years of peace (minus the greyjoy rebellion). He was the one that directed and conducted Robert's rebellion.

Daps
That's why Ned just left and went back home. Didn't talk to those crazy fukks for almost twenty years.

What I always thought was wild was the Rebellion started and ended with Ned's family. Ned's sister was kidnapped by Rhaegar. Ned's brother and father were killed by Aerys and the Vale rose up to protect Ned and Robert from Aerys wanting them dead but, somehow the war becomes about Robert. Robert lost his parents in a ship wreck looking for a wife for Rhaegar but, that was completely unrelated to those events. Happened YEARS ago. Robert lost no family members because of Aerys' tyrannical madness (and by "madness", I mean Ned's family being brutally burned alive) nor had relatives "abducted". If I was Ned, I would've been like: "Nikka fall back. This is my war :childplease:" Cersei was kinda right....if Ned would've took initiative, he could've claimed the throne. Nobody would've cared he wasn't Targ. They were rebelling.

Now, I think about it, if Ned HAD taken the throne, he could've revealed that Jon was the son of Rhaegar, and he could've used his Targ heritage to hold the throne as a regent until Jon grew up which would've held more weight than Robert's distant Targ blood. Jon being the Royal Prince's son >>> Robert's grandmother being a random Targ. That might've worked :jbhmm: He could've raised Jon until he was old enough to rule, then went back to Winterfell as Lord and chilled out. He would've been a much better king than that fat fukk too...

Yea I get Northerners don't fukk with the South but, his nephew wouldn't have had to hide that way. The same way people respected Robert being a distant Targ they would've respected that Jon was Rhaegar's last child. He would've been a Prince like Joffrey or Tommen and Ned would've been Regent like Cersei was. Benjen could have held down Winterfell in his absence like Kevan did for Tywin while he was away. Then after Jon turned 16, he could've rode back home and been chilling. That solves 90% of the Stark's problems right there in one decision.

But Ned didn't know about Jon until the Tower of Joy which was after he had a chance to seize the throne when King's Landing was sacked, right?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
But Ned didn't know about Jon until the Tower of Joy which was after he had a chance to seize the throne when King's Landing was sacked, right?
I believe TOJ happened 1st. Ned would've made mention of Aerys being dead like he told them Rhaegar fell on the Trident(to put it nicely for the one Rhaegar stan:troll:)

Daps
I believe TOJ happened 1st. Ned would've made mention of Aerys being dead like he told them Rhaegar fell on the Trident(to put it nicely for the one Rhaegar stan:troll:)

I thought he did tell Dayne the king was dead.

But at any rate: Showdown at the Red Mountains

So Ned left King's Landing pissed off that the Lannisters murdered every Targaryan they could and that Robert wanted it. He went to the Tower of Joy, and brought his sister's corpse and "his" b*stard son back to Winterfell. Makes sense he wouldn't go back to King's Landing. He was sick of those vile people.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I thought he did tell Dayne the king was dead.

But at any rate: Showdown at the Red Mountains

So Ned left King's Landing pissed off that the Lannisters murdered every Targaryan they could and that Robert wanted it. He went to the Tower of Joy, and brought his sister's corpse and "his" b*stard son back to Winterfell. Makes sense he wouldn't go back to King's Landing. He was sick of those vile people.

:mjlol:
Damn my memory is shyt.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
If I remember correctly the penalty for karstark offense was death. And karstark dared him to do something about it. Then again Robb did nothing to his mom :yeshrug:
Right. He wasn't playing by any rule book. His mom freed the most valuable prisoner in Westeros and got nothing but some handcuffs. Karstark killed 2 minor captives and lost his head. Roose Bolton even told him to hold him as a prisoner. Now what's lost is that Karstark was an idiot. His sons were in war and just got murked by a better fighter so all that 'vengeance' talk was stupid but he still could've held him prisoner