Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
it's not really clear how the Mountain knew that guy was talking shyt though. it's not like FrankenMountain is hanging out in bars listening to the latest gossip. my guess is the info came from Qybern's 'Little Birds'. but that seems to suggest that the Mountain just does what he's told, and doesn't have a personal vendetta against Cersei-haters
The kids were being paid by the creator of the mountain to find people talking smack.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Why is the mountain so loyal to the lannisters when he's supposedly always been an unwieldy a$$hole brute? I know they knighted him, but is there some other background as to why he literally serves them?
They pay ... I will keep my mouth shut.

Daps
Good points re: littlefinger. My only issue with it all is him delivering Sansa to the Boltons. It's hard to believe he didn't know about Ramsey. That means he knew that he was probably taking Sansa out of the picture (at least concerning her uniting the North behind her in opposition to the Boltons). I can't really see an angle where he delivers Sansa to the Boltons and it does anything but make them stronger. Why would he make them stronger if his plan is to eventually go at them? Unless he knew that Ramsey would kill or torture and he plans on letting other Northern houses know as a part of a play to shake support for the Boltons.

I'm pretty sure Cersei gets taken out of the picture sometime soon. Freeing Jaime from her makes his story heading towards the endgame a lot more interesting. If he is in total control of the Lannister forces it sets up a nice conflict with him and Tyrion whenever Dany gets to Westoros.
I don't think Littlefinger has a rigid long term plan. I think he has a dynamic plan which he'll change depending on how the circumstances have changed. I think delivering Sansa to Winterfell was meant to solidify his pact with the North. Sansa and Theon escaping changed things.

He already stated his intention to ride on whoever won between Roose and Stannis, so I'm fairly certain he'll ride on Ramsay. But will he do some treachery once the dust settles? :lupe:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Why is the mountain so loyal to the lannisters when he's supposedly always been an unwieldy a$$hole brute? I know they knighted him, but is there some other background as to why he literally serves them?
He was already Tywin's man and when Qyburn brought him back he said he was changed somehow but didn't go into it

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
He was already Tywin's man and when Qyburn brought him back he said he was changed somehow but didn't go into it
That's what im talking about tho. How did he become loyal to the lannisters in the first place? I knew he was one of their knights, but from the picture they paint of him since childhood, seems like it would take more than knighthood to buy that type of loyalty from him. he's been doing their dirt for decades.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what. I think Arya might've have put her face on the GIRL who hired the FACELESS MEN to kill her rival in the play. Somehow Arya might've learned that technique. And the WAIF might've killed the girl from the play wearing Arya's face. That actually makes sense and would be an interesting twist.

Now, we haven't seen or don't know if Faceless Men can put their own face on someone else, but if they can, then Arya might've pulled that off.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You know what. I think Arya might've have put her face on the GIRL who hired the FACELESS MEN to kill her rival in the play. Somehow Arya might've learned that technique. And the WAIF might've killed the girl from the play wearing Arya's face. That actually makes sense and would be an interesting twist.

Now, we haven't seen or don't know if Faceless Men can put their own face on someone else, but if they can, then Arya might've pulled that off.
:patrice: And it would make sense that she would be wanting to leave ASAP.
Only problem is they would be introducing something we haven't seen or heard about, which is the ability to put faces on others. Still interesting tho
-edit- Just read the bottom of your post. Same thing I was thinking

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
So on the preview for next weeks episode they have Podrick getting yoked up at first I mistook it for Gendry. It got me to thinking did they really just have Gendry paddle away to never be heard from again? I doubt it, what was the point of his character then? The only two things I could think of was to make it more believable that Ayra would make it through there travels without dying which I highly doubt or to point out how good of a person Davos is which I really dont think they needed that as hes shown to have a good heart without helping Gendry escape.
I think its bronn giving him a "havent seen you in ages. How you been?" type of choke hold. Remember they used to roll together when pod was tyrions squire. I could be wrong though

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
As much as I don't want that to have been Arya because the whole scene was stupid with her acting like everything was all good, I don't see another option. They apparently only take faces from dead people so if Arya ain't dead then who's rocking her face? If it was Arya and this was some type of plan then why did she look so shook coming out of the water with nobody else around? think this is just the show messing up a scene which they've done in the past (Jaime basically raping Cersei for example)

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
As much as I don't want that to have been Arya because the whole scene was stupid with her acting like everything was all good, I don't see another option. They apparently only take faces from dead people so if Arya ain't dead then who's rocking her face? If it was Arya and this was some type of plan then why did she look so shook coming out of the water with nobody else around? think this is just the show messing up a scene which they've done in the past (Jaime basically raping Cersei for example)

remember when Jaqen killed himself last season and Arya was pulling faces of him?..she ended up revealing her face on him and when she turned around, he was the waif...
10e4b1_1f8432ef49874db39a780b98b2fbe6ec.png

there's so much to this faceless shyt, its confusing as fukk..hopefully next episode we get mad exposition..i feel like we will..otherwise, yeah they just fukked up with that..

on another note, why the hell does nobody in bravos seems to blink an eye when Arya gets her ass whupped? that needs to be explained too.

Daps

:patrice: And it would make sense that she would be wanting to leave ASAP.
Only problem is they would be introducing something we haven't seen or heard about, which is the ability to put faces on others. Still interesting tho
-edit- Just read the bottom of your post. Same thing I was thinking

Umm, another problem would be an untrained actress putting up that much of a fight. The Waif is taking down most any woman quickly and easily. Plus, only a trained fighter would sacrifice their body to jump into the river with no hesitation like that. Most would just run away screaming for help....it was a crowded after all. Arya knew she'd have to make the Waif believe she was dead otherwise she'd never stop coming for her.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Another Maise Williams interview from before the season:jbhmm:

How does this fit into her overall evolution?

Because she’s gonna use it all again — these are all skills that she’s gonna take with her. A lot of people found Arya’s Season 5 really boring. They were like, “Why is she sweeping floors? Why is she getting hit on the hands?” But this is about a process that she’s going through and its ultimately going to be the best weapon. And when that day comes, when she uses all of this, everyone’s gonna be like, “Wow, that’s so cool!” Which is great, but it wouldn’t have been as cool if you hadn’t seen her go through that process. No one becomes a [warrior] overnight, guys. Give her a break.

But can you speak more broadly about what Season 6 is about for her?

It’s her second chance. She’s learning to fight blind, and at the beginning people are going to have that same opinion of, “God, this is so boring. Why isn’t Arya the [warrior] she used to be?” O.K., let’s take away your sight and see how you do without it. There are episodes when it’s going to be really difficult to watch. Arya, who we’ve always loved, is getting pulled apart. But she will ultimately use it to her advantage, just as she always does. She takes every negative and uses it as a positive, and that happens in a big way this year.

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what im talking about tho. How did he become loyal to the lannisters in the first place? I knew he was one of their knights, but from the picture they paint of him since childhood, seems like it would take more than knighthood to buy that type of loyalty from him. he's been doing their dirt for decades.

I think he really likes murdering and pillaging and Tywin has always given him a nice outlet for all of that. And protection whenever anything blows back on him. I'm not sure it's loyalty so much as it is mutual interest.

Now, he's just brain dead and I assume programmed in some way to serve Cersei/Qyburn.