Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh:

How can you possibly say they cant wrap it up when the people actually writing the show dont want any more episodes because thats all they need to wrap it up

You dont know what this is leading to, they do. How long can they stretch out Dany coming to Westeros and the White Walker war

I don't think it's necessarily that they don't want more episodes to finish the series, but that they literally cannot film 10 episodes and still make the spring schedule anymore. The increased special effects/production of the show (they have 3 filming teams and multiple special effects teams, which is more than most big budget movies have) made it extremely difficult for them to film season 6, do the special effects, and have it ready for April. They even pushed the premier back. The next few seasons are probably going to push the limits of TV film making far beyond any tv show in history, with epic scale battles with dragons, white walkers, zombies, in various locations and they don't feel it's physically possible to film enough for 10 episodes and still stay on schedule.

So why the change? There isn’t enough time to produce ten episodes in a year. Weiss says, “It’s crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule.”

Also, it's been reported that they have to film later in the year now because they need to film in snowy regions so that also limits how much material they can realistically film and have edited by the spring premier of the season. They could think about pushing the premier of the show from spring into summer or fall, but I'm not sure HBO would want to do that considering how light their spring schedule is.

Ideally, I think they showrunners know they would like more episodes, or 3-5 more hours of on-screen material, to fully bring the story home, but they might have to settle for fewer episodes and on-screen material because the schedule demands are so high now.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If they start wrapping it up this season it should be fine. The only thing I think is kinda corny is breaking the final 13 episodes into two seasons. They're pulling the same shyt AMC did with "Breaking Bad" because it has to end but they want it on as long as possible.

Fred.
According to the interview, it is also getting too tough to film 10 episodes. The big battle this season took a month just for principal photography alone. Imagine dragon/white walker battles in Westeros. shyts gonna be a big movie.

EDIT: post above beat me to it

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it's necessarily that they don't want more episodes to finish the series, but that they literally cannot film 10 episodes and still make the spring schedule anymore. The increased special effects/production of the show (they have 3 filming teams and multiple special effects teams, which is more than most big budget movies have) made it extremely difficult for them to film season 6, do the special effects, and have it ready for April. They even pushed the premier back. The next few seasons are probably going to push the limits of TV film making far beyond any tv show in history, with epic scale battles with dragons, white walkers, zombies, in various locations and they don't feel it's physically possible to film enough for 10 episodes and still stay on schedule.

So why the change? There isn’t enough time to produce ten episodes in a year. Weiss says, “It’s crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule.”

Also, it's been reported that they have to film later in the year now because they need to film in snowy regions so that also limits how much material they can realistically film and have edited by the spring premier of the season. They could think about pushing the premier of the show from spring into summer or fall, but I'm not sure HBO would want to do that considering how light their spring schedule is.

Ideally, I think they showrunners know they would like more episodes, or 3-5 more hours of on-screen material, to fully bring the story home, but they might have to settle for fewer episodes and on-screen material because the schedule demands are so high now.
Soooooooo......rush job incoming then :pachaha:...i understand that may not be what they want to do and have probs been forced into it but we need to stop caping and call a spade a spade

And miss me with the filler bollocks @Adam3000 i'm pretty sure you're aware of how many plotlines and characters that they've cut from the show that were waaaaaay more interesting than focusing on sam simping gilly (whose plot from the books they didnt ecen really use) and giving us a top 5 woat sex scene and the dorne scenes from s5 which basically felt like filler :mindblown:....lets have a quick look at interesting characters and plot they cut out yer off the top of my head...:jbhmm:

the dornish plot
coldhands
lady stoneheart
young griff
patchface
Quentyn
Victarion
Quaithe

And they're just introducing a new villain in euron...if there's one thing in GoT that shouldn't happen...its filler, there's too much interesting source material...its a sh1t excuse, don't try it

And as far as them knowing how its gonna end...HBO have said they're only now starting, starting I say, to outline their plans....so once again :comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon: you keep making these caping arguments that they're doing it for noble reasons like quality control and wanting to finish the story succintly when it actually looks like its just time constraints (don't get me wrong thats valid too) and they've already been accused of using filler in past seasons.

‘Game of Thrones’ Creators Mull Shorter Final Seasons (EXCLUSIVE)

^^^^^^^^^

That article has HBO's reply to this news

If they do cut down the last two seasons they bes make each episode ultra piff :ufdup: because there's an argument that could be made that 10 eps a season was too short for the amount of source material

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
One week away brehs :wow:. That awful feeling knowing that soon the best part of the week is also going to be the signal that you have to go to bed to get ready for work on Monday :sadcam:

In celebration, here is a quick look at the 2016 TOP 5 PRE-SEASON POWER RANKINGS

Don't forget, I'm just the messenger. Don't blame me if you favorite character isn't here, I just deliver the news:manny:

05) Jon Snow -- yeah, he's dead. But in death he is more powerful than ever. We have seen in the trailers that the gawd Davos is defending his body with the full power of the gawd Ghost on the prowl. 2 gawds defending the dead corpse of another gawd? Powerful stuff coming:wow:. Jon Stark coming.:wow:. #TeamNightsWatch lost like a motherfukker

04) Sansa Stark -- yeah, she was raped and beaten. But post rape she is more powerful than ever after escaping Winterfell through a courageous leap worthy of finally shedding the last of the Tully poison from her veins

03) Rickon Stark -- yeah, he is missing since season 3 and there are no indications that he is alive. But that right there is an indication that he is alive and more powerful than ever. Lord jesus help Westeros for the terror that young Rickon and the direwolf Shaggydog are about to unleash:lawd:

02) Arya Stark -- yeah, she's blind. But what is eyesight to a Faceless Man? :demonic:Aint nobody got time for eyesight anyway, we too busy racking up bodies after bodies after bodies

01) Bran Stark a.k.a. the main character a.k.a. the GOAT a.k.a. Gawdbody Bran --yeah, he is paralyzed and stuck inside some treeroots. But with a mentor like the Three Eyed Raven and the magic of the Children of the Forest, I think its safe to say that the dragons are gonna get warged and the giants are gonna get warged and the White Walkers are gonna get raped. I'm talking rape rape not just kinda rape. The greatest living man in the history of television, all praises due

Last edited:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
season 5 was trash. They spent all that time building up the war between stannis and bolton, and that shyt was over in 5 mins. Show shouldve been like 10 seasons.

This 100%

This shyt was built up for at least 2 seasons

His army was incredible and then it was weak as fukk

They did a horrible job showing his army fall apart

Same with boltons army in the opposite way. How did they get so strong?

1 week away tho :wow:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
One week away brehs :wow:. That awful feeling knowing that soon the best part of the week is also going to be the signal that you have to go to bed to get ready for work on Monday :sadcam:

In celebration, here is a quick look at the 2016 TOP 5 PRE-SEASON POWER RANKINGS

Don't forget, I'm just the messenger. Don't blame me if you favorite character isn't here, I just deliver the news:manny:

05) Jon Snow -- yeah, he's dead. But in death he is more powerful than ever. We have seen in the trailers that the gawd Davos is defending his body with the full power of the gawd Ghost on the prowl. 2 gawds defending the dead corpse of another gawd? Powerful stuff coming:wow:. Jon Stark coming.:wow:. #TeamNightsWatch lost like a motherfukker

04) Sansa Stark -- yeah, she was raped and beaten. But post rape she is more powerful than ever after escaping Winterfell through a courageous leap worthy of finally shedding the last of the Tully poison from her veins

03) Rickon Stark -- yeah, he is missing since season 3 and there are no indications that he is alive. But that right there is an indication that he is alive and more powerful than ever. Lord jesus help Westeros for the terror that young Rickon and the direwolf Shaggydog are about to unleash:lawd:

02) Arya Stark -- yeah, she's blind. But what is eyesight to a Faceless Man? :demonic:Aint nobody got time for eyesight anyway, we too busy racking up bodies after bodies after bodies

01) Bran Stark a.k.a. the main character a.k.a. the GOAT a.k.a. Gawdbody Bran --yeah, he is paralyzed and stuck inside some treeroots. But with a mentor like the Three Eyed Raven and the magic of the Children of the Forest, I think its safe to say that the dragons are gonna get warged and the giants are gonna get warged and the White Walkers are gonna get raped. I'm talking rape rape not just kinda rape. The greatest living man in the history of television, all praises due
:wow:
Powerful posting

Starks bout to be the SEC of Westeros