Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Season 4 was great, arguably the best season of the show yet. But there were things changed and/or left out that could have put it in GOAT contention. And a couple things that felt flatter than I had anticipated

Expectations are a bytch. Overall it was still a 9.5 or 10/10:yeshrug: but it could have been an 11

Let me guess, book spoilers
tysha being omitted, Jaimie raping Cersei, only Cat? Lady Stoneheart

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was wrong with season 4? Off the top of my head I really can't think of anything I didn't like. Might run through it again this Saturday

And we still on top. What House you claiming?

:heh: You are not on top of anything. Your house has been decimated. Your house peaked midway through the first season when Ned became the hand of the king. That's the most power any Stark has ever had.

Lannisters got roughed up a little bit last season but it's nothing. We still control King's Landing, Meereen, Winterfell, whatever that place that your entire house got killed at Robb's wedding is called. Basically every significant city and town in the GoT universe. Jaime, Cersei, King Tommen, FrankenMountain, Kevan the Goat are playing with a chip on their shoulders this year. Expect some debts to get payed.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Let me guess, book spoilers
tysha being omitted, Jaimie raping Cersei, only Cat? Lady Stoneheart
No. I aint one of them vaginas that were mad about Jaime and Only Cat. Thats minor stuff.

Tysha is very big, but overall the entire sequence of Tyrion killing Tywin I thought was weak.

Your other thing in the spoiler tags, that was huge obviously

Also I thought they really lost some impact of Stannis' savior moment at the Wall by having it happen the next episode instead of at the end of #9

Also, Jon becoming Lord Commander got pushed back

There was other shyt, but overall it was pretty damn awesome, especially Jofffreys wedding and the Red Vipers fight

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@Adam3000 what are your season rankings?
Cant say that I have a season ranking....this show is not structured to be great in single episode or even necessarily single season format. Its structured for the long haul.

I like them all for their own reasons...from the amazing story and character development of S1 to the high production values of S5. But they all have their weaknesses too.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
One week away brehs :wow:. That awful feeling knowing that soon the best part of the week is also going to be the signal that you have to go to bed to get ready for work on Monday :sadcam:

In celebration, here is a quick look at the 2016 TOP 5 PRE-SEASON POWER RANKINGS

Don't forget, I'm just the messenger. Don't blame me if you favorite character isn't here, I just deliver the news:manny:

05) Jon Snow -- yeah, he's dead. But in death he is more powerful than ever. We have seen in the trailers that the gawd Davos is defending his body with the full power of the gawd Ghost on the prowl. 2 gawds defending the dead corpse of another gawd? Powerful stuff coming:wow:. Jon Stark coming.:wow:. #TeamNightsWatch lost like a motherfukker

04) Sansa Stark -- yeah, she was raped and beaten. But post rape she is more powerful than ever after escaping Winterfell through a courageous leap worthy of finally shedding the last of the Tully poison from her veins

03) Rickon Stark -- yeah, he is missing since season 3 and there are no indications that he is alive. But that right there is an indication that he is alive and more powerful than ever. Lord jesus help Westeros for the terror that young Rickon and the direwolf Shaggydog are about to unleash:lawd:

02) Arya Stark -- yeah, she's blind. But what is eyesight to a Faceless Man? :demonic:Aint nobody got time for eyesight anyway, we too busy racking up bodies after bodies after bodies

01) Bran Stark a.k.a. the main character a.k.a. the GOAT a.k.a. Gawdbody Bran --yeah, he is paralyzed and stuck inside some treeroots. But with a mentor like the Three Eyed Raven and the magic of the Children of the Forest, I think its safe to say that the dragons are gonna get warged and the giants are gonna get warged and the White Walkers are gonna get raped. I'm talking rape rape not just kinda rape. The greatest living man in the history of television, all praises due

:skip: the audacity to list only Starks. Though loki you may be on to something with Rickon. I think he'll be Lord of Winterfell when it's all said and done. Bran is gonna end up taking ole dude's place in the tree

I'm still mourning the loss of King Stannis. The show writers really screwed up with that one. The Lord of Light is real, and the sacrifice of Princess Shireen should have resulted in an ungodly amount of power for Stannis's army. The leaches may have been a fluke, but you can't deny the shadow baby demon and the repeated resurrection of Thoros. So now you want to tell me that a King's Blood sacrifice is only good for melted snow!?:camby:

With the loss of the One True King, I've decided to exile myself to #SetNight'sWatch. Part of me wants to claim #SetBolton, that type of brutality rarely loses but this is a tv show so their downfall is inevitable.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Based on leaks, interviews, trailers/early footage, and casting calls, I am legitimately expecting this season to be a fan favorite season. I still don't think the plotting will be as well crafted as season 1 when they had a very great concise book to build around, but there are just so many moments on paper that should be entertaining and visceral....even more than season 4, which a lot of fans consider the best, most evenly rounded season. Moreover book fans are going to get insight that they have been waiting more than a decade for.

Unlike season 5, this season won't spend a ton of time setting up pieces on the board. The chess game should start from the first minute of episode 1.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:heh: You are not on top of anything. Your house has been decimated. Your house peaked midway through the first season when Ned became the hand of the king. That's the most power any Stark has ever had.

Lannisters got roughed up a little bit last season but it's nothing. We still control King's Landing, Meereen, Winterfell, whatever that place that your entire house got killed at Robb's wedding is called. Basically every significant city and town in the GoT universe. Jaime, Cersei, King Tommen, FrankenMountain, Kevan the Goat are playing with a chip on their shoulders this year. Expect some debts to get payed.
L is for Lannisters claiming mereen and winterfell? :dead: if haters are blocking snowman's stark heritage, then flipside tyrion definitely ain't reppin L's no more. And winterfell? Them bolton's ain't holding down the north for you. [drake] You wasn't with them flaying nikkas skin! [/Drake]

Loss-set had to go get a zombie knight to fight their battles, Jamie taking L's in dorne and cersei just finished a walk where she got shyt thrown at her - literally, y'all got a king that rather play with his p*ssy as opposed to rescuing his real p*ssy, yet the L's are winning? :heh:

Young faceless Arya could take your whole crew, add in marvel universe bran, and reincarnated snowman :wow: better change sets while you still have time :ufdup:

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip: the audacity to list only Starks. Though loki you may be on to something with Rickon. I think he'll be Lord of Winterfell when it's all said and done. Bran is gonna end up taking ole dude's place in the tree

I'm still mourning the loss of King Stannis. The show writers really screwed up with that one. The Lord of Light is real, and the sacrifice of Princess Shireen should have resulted in an ungodly amount of power for Stannis's army. The leaches may have been a fluke, but you can't deny the shadow baby demon and the repeated resurrection of Thoros. So now you want to tell me that a King's Blood sacrifice is only good for melted snow!?:camby:

With the loss of the One True King, I've decided to exile myself to #SetNight'sWatch. Part of me wants to claim #SetBolton, that type of brutality rarely loses but this is a tv show so their downfall is inevitable.

You know you're a marvel stan when you get hit with this autocorrect :wow:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Those back and forths between u and @wire28 (I think it was him) always had me :dead: With the singing of songs and rubies getting spread across the Trident
nah it was @fact and our war is simply dormant for the time being, his inevitable L is a slow burn that will taste like the sweetest of arbor golds once the last page is written