Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Its still chilly around here so Im still rocking my Stark crewneck.

d46bf63364735ca3ac90e6a4772ee332.jpg
Winter been coming for 6 years :stopitslime:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Much like Eddard Stark, HBO might be taking a little off the top of its most popular series.

Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are mulling an abbreviated end game that would limit Season 7 to just seven episodes and an eighth and final season to just six episodes.

“I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season,” Benioff said in an exclusive interview with sister site Variety. “We’re heading into the final lap. That’s the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone.”

Though the network is not confirming an exact episode count for either season, HBO President Michael Lombardo told reporters at the 2015 Television Critics Association summer press tour that all signs were pointing toward two more years for the Emmy-winning series following its forthcoming Season 6 (premiering Sunday, April 24 at 9/8c).

“[The producers are] feeling like there [are] probably two more years after [season] six,” Lombardo said. “I would love for them to change their minds, but that’s what we’re looking at right now.”

The decision to end the high-rated drama might be in direct response to outpacing novelist George R.R. Martin, who was unable to complete the sixth book in his Song of Ice and Fire series prior to production on Season 6. Per Deadline, much of the upcoming 10-episode run was based directly on notes from the author.

@Adam3000

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The new trailer looks :wow:
To bad he didn't finish the book before this season

I guess he's rly gone. I have no hope left for him to be alive :mjcry:
I mean, they HEAVILY hinted at the red witch bytch resurrecting him because she arrives at the wall at the very end of last season. She was all over Jon's cock when Stannis came to visit as well and said he had something special in his blood or some bullshyt. Remember the Lord of the light dude who got killed and brought back to life?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds perfect to me. Dont stretch it out or else you get crap like the Dorne plot

If the books were faithfully adapted it would take 10-11 full seasons, but the way things are they dont need 30 more episodes
Yeah but as it stands, it doesn't feel like they can wrap up the entire story in 23 episodes (including s6)...and then break up the last 13 over two years...THAT plan doesn't fill me up with confidence that they'll finish the show properly...its the wire s5 all over again lol

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yeah but as it stands, it doesn't feel like they can wrap up the entire story in 23 episodes (including s6)...and then break up the last 13 over two years...THAT plan doesn't fill me up with confidence that they'll finish the show properly...its the wire s5 all over again lol
:dwillhuh:

How can you possibly say they cant wrap it up when the people actually writing the show dont want any more episodes because thats all they need to wrap it up

You dont know what this is leading to, they do. How long can they stretch out Dany coming to Westeros and the White Walker war

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How can you possibly say they cant wrap it up when the people actually writing the show dont want any more episodes because thats all they need to wrap it up

You dont know what this is leading to, they do. How long can they stretch out Dany coming to Westeros and the White Walker war

So you're saying events that have taken multiple seasons to build up likr thr white walker war should just happen and wrap up in what like 4 eps :mjlol:

And dany and the white walkers arent the only story breh :usure:

What about

Sansa
Arya
John Snow
Tyrion
Cersei
Littlefinger
Brienne
Jamie

etc

Whats happens to their character arcs? :dwillhuh:

13 eps for s7 and 8 screams rush job

And lastly, are you sure they know what they're leading to? Cos they don't even know how long the show should last so.........?????

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:what:

"“I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season,” Benioff said in an exclusive interview with sister site Variety. “We’re heading into the final lap."

Nothing else needs to be said. They know where its at and where its going, nobody else does

You think they are gonna rush an ending for a cash cow phenomenon like GOT:what:

They are trying to avoid a bunch of filler

Juven

All Star
Daps
:what:

"“I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season,” Benioff said in an exclusive interview with sister site Variety. “We’re heading into the final lap."

Nothing else needs to be said. They know where its at and where its going, nobody else does

You think they are gonna rush an ending for a cash cow phenomenon like GOT:what:

They are trying to avoid a bunch of filler

not sure why theyre in a rush but there too much going on for everything to end in 13 eps. Maybe theyre tired of doing the show and thats why they want it to end so fast?

season 5 was trash. They spent all that time building up the war between stannis and bolton, and that shyt was over in 5 mins. Show shouldve been like 10 seasons.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
how could you tell the PRODUCERS/WRITERS how many season they'll need to wrap things up??:what: this just comes off as fake outrage. trust them and enjoy the show.

trailers look like piff btw.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If they start wrapping it up this season it should be fine. The only thing I think is kinda corny is breaking the final 13 episodes into two seasons. They're pulling the same shyt AMC did with "Breaking Bad" because it has to end but they want it on as long as possible.

Fred.