Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
The Mad King reminded me of Vigo, the master evil...

original.jpg

Watched this as a youth, this nikka gave me a lot of nightmares.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So is the popular belief Sam is not headed to Oldtown any more? He's already mentioned he can't take Gilly and I really don't see enough time in the show for them to continue the plot of Sam becoming a Maester. What do people think is next with this story line?

I've read a few theories, the most popular being Sam wants his father to follow him back North so he can see the serious threat of the White Walkers. Others mention maybe he is taking it to Oldtown to study the properties of the sword but I think that's been debunked since Maesters apparently use Valyrian steel for their chains. I was thinking maybe a long-shot theory could be when Jon and Sansa visit Bear Island they Mourmonts ask for their family sword (longclaw) back, then at some point Jon ends up with Heartsbane. Highly unlikely but would be cool to see Jon with a greatsword.
Before the latest ep, one theory I liked is that Jorah would go to the Citadel in search of a cure and run into Sam. After talking they would determine they need to let Dany know what's going on and it would go from there. With Sam taking Heartsbane now I have clue.
is a Valyrian steel sword useful other than to be bragging that you have one? does it kill white walkers?
Yes it kills white walkers. its what's Jons sword is made of. Dragon glass, Obsidian, Valaryian Steel are the same thing.

Daps
Yes it kills white walkers. its what's Jons sword is made of. Dragon glass, Obsidian, Valaryian Steel are the same thing.
While Dragon glass and Obsidian are the same thing, they're not the same thing Valaryian Steel.

All three kill the White Walkers, but Valaryian Steel doesn't look anything like Dragon glass.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Before the latest ep, one theory I liked is that Jorah would go to the Citadel in search of a cure and run into Sam. After talking they would determine they need to let Dany know what's going on and it would go from there. With Sam taking Heartsbane now I have clue.

Dapped for the jorah Sam theory...dragon glass and valyrian steel being the same is worth an undap

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
is a Valyrian steel sword useful other than to be bragging that you have one? does it kill white walkers?

Yeah. Jon Snow killed a White Walker with his Valyrian sword. Also Valyrian steel shatters the White Walkers' weapons when they come in contact.
Not quite...

Valyrian Steel is some shyt that's lost to time due to the Doom. It's made of a metal infused with magic so it can kill Wights but Dragonglass (Obsidian) is something completely different that just happens to also be able to kill the Wights. Only a few people in the world even know how to forge Valyrian steel anymore.

Valyrian Steel isn't properly represented in the show...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Oh look, it's ANOTHER Danarys I'm going to take what's rightfully mine even though I've never been there, I don't even have a way to get there,I don't even have a plan for if I ever do get there,I can't even keep control the one city I have now but my brother who pimped me out told me we have to go there and rule it speech.:francis: Most of us stopped taking her seriously like 3 seasons ago. She had 3 whole cities all in a bay of water and can't figure out where to get boats from. :mjlol: All her dialogue always makes her sound stupid as hell and it's mad redundant 6 seasons in. All that big talk but she's secretly on some wait til I get my money right shyt. If Stannis had Drogon by himself the show would've ended at the battle of blackwater bay. She just needs to stop pump faking and focus on getting the east side running properly
:wow:

Daps
Not quite...

Valyrian Steel is some shyt that's lost to time due to the Doom. It's made of a metal infused with magic so it can kill Wights but Dragonglass (Obsidian) is something completely different that just happens to also be able to kill the Wights. Only a few people in the world even know how to forge Valyrian steel anymore.

Valyrian Steel isn't properly represented in the show...

Yea the show portrays/portrayed it as little more than a status piece. I think this was on purpose tho...to lead the audience to that :krs: moment at Hardhome where Longclaw isn't crushed by the White Walker's ice sword and kills said Walker.

Similar to how Danny 's dragon eggs went from an expensive status piece to actually being hatchable...just a longer reveal for the Valaryian Steel.