Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I have a question for brehs who really know the show/books and I don't know if this is a spoiler but it may be so I'm going to tag it.

Was it hinted in the show that Tyrion isn't actually Tywin's son? Or is that a book only thing where it hints Tyrion is half targaryen? is this considered a spoiler? I can't remember if it was really covered on the show because I didn't really know about it

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Tyrion doesnt have one Targ colored eye. He has 1 green and 1 black. Targ eyes are purple

Of course, the Targaryen civil war was fought between the "greens and blacks" so his eye color is a point of evidence

Is a crap theory IMO though. I hate it. I like Jaime and Cersei being Targs much more because narratively it makes much more sense for many reasons that I dont feel like getting into

But in the end, I hope they are all Lannisters.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
FYI

all the mad king stuff was NOT the old footage from season 1... they reshot it all. heard it on cast of kings podcast

so we might be getting more mad king footage since they took time to film shyt

they showed the mad king in season 1? i dont remember that, but then again i would have had no idea what the mad king was

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
they showed the mad king in season 1? i dont remember that, but then again i would have had no idea what the mad king was
mad king is who jaime stabbed.. they shot footage of him and ned's brother and pops and shyt for the pilot but never used it

then last ep, bran had a flashback to that.. well everyone figured they just used the stuff from the pilot... but no... they reshot it all..

i doubt they reshot it all to show us 2.5 seconds.. so i hope we get more

they also said they shot a shytload more of the play araya was watching.. .and they'll most likely put it on the dvd

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
mad king is who jaime stabbed.. they shot footage of him and ned's brother and pops and shyt for the pilot but never used it

then last ep, bran had a flashback to that.. well everyone figured they just used the stuff from the pilot... but no... they reshot it all..

they also said they shot a shytload more of the play araya was watching.. .and they'll most likely put it on the dvd

oh ok, they can keep that play footage tho

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It didn't have me on the edge of my seat, but I thought this was pretty good for a setup episode.

Seeing another Stark reunion is always heartwarming :mjcry:. That it was Benjen that saved Bran and Meera made it all the more dope. I'm thinking he's going to help Bran make some sense of that data dump the 3ER left him with. Though I wonder what effects being the new 3ER is going to have on Bran. I wonder if he's start losing some of his humanity? :lupe:

I know people aren't fans of Sam/Gilly scenes, but I thought it was pretty well done and entertaining. Randyll Tarly handing out Grandma Tyrell/Tywin Lannister-grade ether :mjlol:. Old boy definitely has a :mjpls: attitude towards wildlings. Sam taking Heartsbane is going to be pretty important down the line. The dead are coming and they'll need all the Valyrian steel weapons they can get.

I really hope Walder Frey gets it this season. If nothing else, it'll mean all the big shots responsible for the Red Wedding got what was coming to them in some way :pacspit:

Can't wait to see that Arya v. the Waif fight. I'm thinking Arya will beat her somehow and Jaqen lets her go. One way or another, a face will be added to the hall. Does it matter whose face?

I'm leaning towards Margaery running game on the High Sparrow. And Mace Tyrell has to be the most inept and uninspiring head of a great house in Westeros. Giving struggle speeches, didn't understand the implication of the king basically legitimizing the faith's power and couldn't even ride his own horse without someone guiding it :mjlol:

I get that the scene was a callback to Khal Drogo and showed she has a deepening connection with Charizard Drogon, but did we really need another episode ending on Dany, this time giving us yet another speech about invading Westeros? :beli:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

I'm in the minority here but, I don't like the guy they chose to play the Mad King. He looked ridiculous to me.

The Mad King is supposed to look sick. Emaciated. Crazy. Deathly skinny. Hair everywhere. Crusty long fingernails. Like a mental patient. This new guy didn't look that at all whereas in the pilot scene they scrapped you can barely see the Mad King but, it looks more like what I imagined him to look like.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm in the minority here but, I don't like the guy they chose to play the Mad King. He looked ridiculous to me.

The Mad King is supposed to look sick. Emaciated. Crazy. Deathly skinny. Hair everywhere. Crusty long fingernails. Like a mental patient. This new guy didn't look that at all whereas in the pilot scene they scrapped you can barely see the Mad King but, it looks more like what I imagined him to look like.
i never read the book so i don't know... you got any pics? i know the 3 eyed raven book pics and even the throne are totally off too... i think 99% of the budget is spend shooting on location and the sets/uniforms for all the people

when it comes to details like dude riding an elk or people looking how they should... they quickly say fukk all that