Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is no Hodor without Bran because each event is a fixed point on the timeline. There is no alternative timeline in a fixed timeline otherwise it'd be multiple timelines.

What I think is confusing people is linear thinking. It's a paradox like a catch-22, chicken or the egg situation. That in part doesn't cause an issue.

Most people accept the paradox for what it is, a time loop, while I think you and @Silkk see the paradox/time loop as a logical flaw in your linear thinking.

If a fixed timeline exists despite interference then where does the interference come from? It's all the same timeline, just in an infinite loop

No. :snoop:

No offense but you're using multiple terms that contradict each other.

First off, a fixed time line cannot have a paradox.

Let's say you go back in time and try to kill your father. You can't succeed in a fixed time line, because you exist. Nothing can be changed.

Let's say you go back in time and succeed in killing your father. That is a dynamic timeline and it creates a paradox because it would keep you from being born....which would stop you from going back in time and killing your father.

Let's say you go back in time and succeed in killing your father. Another outcome is that it creates an alternate time line, so there is no paradox. In this version of time travel there is now two realities....one where you were born, and one where you never were.

Understand?

The reason this is 100% absolutely not a fixed time line....is we seen Bran change something. Wylis only turns into Hodor because of Bran.

Unless they show us another version of the past without Bran's interference....where Wylis becomes Hodor anyway....then it's impossible for this to be a fixed time line.

So as of right now, it's not a fixed time line. What it is exactly, I dunno. I need more info.

Fred.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
OK, my late night stoned theories have been proved wrong enough times by the Coli before but with time travel kind of sort of being a thing...

Can Benjen be the 3ER :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@Adam3000 if you #starkset you best hit that traitor with the neg rep :francis:
You gon ride for the North? :dame:

Be jealous at our young Stark pawg and decide to join #Thotset for it brehs :mjlol2:
She is just temporarily misguided I hope:patrice:

Sansa did used to be the Tully-ist of all Starks:patrice:

I'm giving a 3 episode grace period :leostare:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
No. :snoop:

No offense but you're using multiple terms that contradict each other.

First off, a fixed time line cannot have a paradox.

Let's say you go back in time and try to kill your father. You can't succeed in a fixed time line, because you exist. Nothing can be changed.

Let's say you go back in time and succeed in killing your father. That is a dynamic timeline and it creates a paradox because it would keep you from being born....which would stop you from going back in time and killing your father.

Let's say you go back in time and succeed in killing your father. Another outcome is that it creates an alternate time line, so there is no paradox. In this version of time travel there is now two realities....one where you were born, and one where you never were.

Understand?

The reason this is 100% absolutely not a fixed time line....is we seen Bran change something. Wylis only turns into Hodor because of Bran.

Unless they show us another version of the past without Bran's interference....where Wylis becomes Hodor anyway....then it's impossible for this to be a fixed time line.

So as of right now, it's not a fixed time line. What it is exactly, I dunno. I need more info.

Fred.
I'm not a stickler for semantics. I use words as tools to describe ideas and get points across.

I feel like we got off topic. Is your issue the definitive term or category of what timeline it is? Because the main point of discussion is/was explaining the time loop so that specifically Silkk can understand.

Do you have any confusion about how Hodor turned into Wylis? Because again it was to me pretty simply a time loop/ like someone showed on the flow chart, a "chicken/egg", catch 22 situation.

Bran had to go back in time to warg into Hodor
Causing Wylis/Hodor to become Hodor and assist a crippled Bran,
And get to the point where Bran needs to warg into Hodor to hold the door.

Wylis never grew up to not become Hodor because Bran caused him to become Hodor. The events are not linear, with a start and end, it creates an infinite loop. Now you can call that time loop whatever you want but it still is a loop, on repeat, circular, etc.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a stickler for semantics. I use words as tools to describe ideas and get points across.

I feel like we got off topic. Is your issue the definitive term or category of what timeline it is? Because the main point of discussion is/was explaining the time loop so that specifically Silkk can understand.

Again, no offense but I need to stop you right there because this is what caused people to be confused in the first place. It's what started this whole debate. People throwing around the term "fixed timeline" all willy-nilly when it has a very specific meaning. Aside from that I don't have an issue with what you're saying.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Was doing some reading about the direwolves and was reminded that sansa made the wrong choice by going against her family and got Lady killed. A Lady will go against her family and die :sas1:...just as the other direwolves have personified the character of each of the stark kids. Just when I was getting impatient with Arya's arc, after reading about the warrior nymeria, I'm gonna just let this play out, my young GOATette

#SMS out chea