Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
Uh....nah. That's not a fixed time line.

A fixed time line is when things cannot be changed via interference. Bran is the interference in this case.

For example, if Wylis became Hodor even without Bran. That's a fixed time line.

But we have no way of knowing that, because we only seen one version of what happened.:jbhmm:

This is why the Hitler example works so well. You go back in time and kill Hitler....someone else becomes Hitler because it cannot be changed.

Anyway, we don't have enough info to assume it's a fixed time line.

Fred.

Yea these cats seem to be redefining what a fixed timeline is. A fixed timeline is as you defined it: the fate of major timeline events are fixed, no matter how you try to change them.

They are describing an absolutely fixed timeline in which every single thing is fixed, so there's no "if's". I'm OK with that, it just means we're watching things unfold as they unfolded. But that only works if the characters themselves don't know any better. Cuz if they do, they'd naturally take make different choices (i.e., The Bloodraven would have warned Bran about the perils of letting the Night's King touch him BEFORE Bran f'd up if he knew Bran was going to f up). In a regular fixed timeline environment, Bran still would've f'd up tho.

Because if Bran never sees Wylis as a kid then he never becomes Hodor in the first place.

Which....doesn't make much sense but :yeshrug: that's all I got.

Fred.

Lol, that only makes sense if you're using mental gymnastics to make this an absolutely fixed timeline.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
No they didnt. The breh had seen all this before. He knew how everything was gonna go down. And what did he download? All he did was take him to that flashback to fukk hodor up only to hold the door. Breh 3ER knew bran was gonna fukk up
This is what I think and I have absolutely nothing to back it up, but what if Bran was able to download from multiple sources at once but they only showed that one stream? Remember when he 1st touched the wierwood in season 4 all that shyt went through his mind like when Chuck would flash on something? Maybe the same thing happened this time too but the Hodor scene was so much more important than anything else.

Yeah but did 3ER know that would happen? Is so, why would he let it happen if it would cut short his time training Bran?

Was it his intention to never finish training Bran?:jbhmm:

Fred.
It happened because it was supposed to happen. That's from the Matrix IIRC. Good enough reason for me

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah but did 3ER know that would happen? Is so, why would he let it happen if it would cut short his time training Bran?

Was it his intention to never finish training Bran?:jbhmm:

Fred.

We know 3ER was training Bran to take over, as he knew the Walkers were coming regardless, but before Brans encounter w/ the Night King there was time + they were protected by the tree's magic. But as soon as Bran got touched, it escalated everything, the Night King knew where to find Bran and marking Bran allowed him to gain entry to the cave/laid.
IMO as soon as Bran got touched, 3ER either warged what was about to happen, then him and Bran warged to Wylis and in Bran's mind, all he was doing was to warg Hodor to do what theyve previously done when in trouble, but then we saw what that outcome was this time. And/Or the 3ER skip the middle part of the warg training manuel and went straight to the end and showed Bran the fully capabilities of his powers and with what has been teased in earlier episodes, it was the final exam/test for Bran, it was either sink or swim.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We know 3ER was training Bran to take over, as he knew the Walkers were coming regardless, but before Bran's encounter w/ the Night King there was time + they were protected by the tree's magic. But as soon as Bran got touched, it escalated everything, the Night King knew where to find Bran and marking Bran allowed him to gain entry to the cave/laid.
IMO as soon as Bran got touched, 3ER either warged what was about to happen, then him and Bran warged to Wylis and we saw what that outcome was. Or the 3ER skip the middle part of the warg training manuel and went straight to the end and showed Bran the fully capabilities of his powers and with what has been teased in earlier episodes, it was the final exam/test for Bran, it was either sink or swim.

Ok I feel you. So 3ER knew the White Walkers were coming but maybe not the specific details.

I can get with that. It makes more sense than 3ER knowing every thing.

Fred.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
"
Because if Bran never sees Wylis as a kid then he never becomes Hodor in the first place.

This is the only issue i had with it. And none of these writers in here have been able to tell why he would already have been touched in the head on a fixed timeline before Bran did anything to him.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Lol, I would be pissed if this ends up being what I've been watching :russ:
If true, it wouldn't be a main plot point just more worldbuilding. Y'all should check out his other books.

The different layers are what makes the story interesting like how it started as medieval politics and became more and more fantasy as the story progressed.

If people knew about all the magic stuff being true and not just superstitions at the beginning they probably wouldn't have gotten into it.
So you're saying Bran didn't warg into him?
Bran did warn into him.
Uh....nah. That's not a fixed time line.

A fixed time line is when things cannot be changed via interference. Bran is the interference in this case.

For example, if Wylis became Hodor even without Bran. That's a fixed time line.

But we have no way of knowing that, because we only seen one version of what happened.:jbhmm:

This is why the Hitler example works so well. You go back in time and kill Hitler....someone else becomes Hitler because it cannot be changed.

Anyway, we don't have enough info to assume it's a fixed time line.

Fred.
Fair enough. You're not ruling other options because you don't have other info. But I'm making a conclusion based on the info that is given. That's why I don't see the point if "what ifs" because what is given is a closed time loop.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
"

This is the only issue i had with it. And none of these writers in here have been able to tell why he would already have been touched in the head on a fixed timeline before Bran did anything to him.
Because a fixed timeline is a self fulfilling prophecy, an infinite loop.

It's not linear.

Bran always turns Wylis into Hodor, Hodor always hold the door. That's what "fixed" is, not dynamic, it's static.

It's on an infinite loop.

Silkk

Daps
Bran did warn into him.
Then thats not a vision, when bran warged into him to get into big hodor he connected them and gave that boy a stroke.

If it was just a vision it would've happened if Bran was there or not.

Silkk

Daps
Because a fixed timeline is a self fulfilling prophecy, an infinite loop.

It's not linear.

Bran always turns Wylis into Hodor, Hodor always hold the door. That's what "fixed" is, not dynamic, it's static.

It's on an infinite loop.
By that logic then Bran should have been paralyzed from the start

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Then thats not a vision, when bran warged into him to get into big hodor he connected them and gave that boy a stroke.

If it was just a vision it would've happened if Bran was there or not.
Ok.. I'm not arguing that tho. I used vision because that's what they thought it was (without explanation) we got the explanation for what it truly was with this episode.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
Aside from Hodor, are there any other oddities that are, potentially, the product of Bran's meddling.

:patrice:

weird coincidences...

Lord of light shyt...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bran always turns Wylis into Hodor, Hodor always hold the door..

That's a contradiction though.

When you're talking about a fixed time line you can't use the interference as part of it. A fixed time line exists despite the interference.

In this case Bran is the interference. We seen Wylis before Bran. He was normal. Due to Bran's interference, he became Hodor.

A fixed time line would be Wylis becoming Hodor no matter what.

No matter what isn't "Bran always turns Wylis into Hodor". No matter what means he'd be Hodor without Bran. And we have no way of knowing that.

What you're talking about is predestination, not a fixed time line.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
No they didnt. The breh had seen all this before. He knew how everything was gonna go down. And what did he download? All he did was take him to that flashback to fukk hodor up only to hold the door. Breh 3ER knew bran was gonna fukk up
They said in inside the episode he was rush downloading everything