Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Again, no offense but I need to stop you right there because this is what caused people to be confused in the first place. It's what started this whole debate. People throwing around the term "fixed timeline" all willy-nilly when it has a very specific meaning. Aside from that I don't have an issue with what you're saying.

Fred.
The issue was people not understanding how a time loop works. Hence why someone made a graph showing the time loop. People didn't start saying fixed timeline until a different chart was posted which showed a fixed timeline, a dynamic and multiple/alternate timelines.

I could argue with you more about fixed timelines, and the Hitler example but this thread is about GoT and we just happened to get off topic arguing semantics.

I still think that this is a fixed timeline because nothing changed. All the points in the timeline are fixed and meant to be. There is no alternative shown. It's not a dynamic timeline like in Butterfly Effect, or Alternate timeline like Community or Rick and Morty. I'll give you that it could be a multiple/alternative timeline but there is no evidence to support that. Since everything happened on a loop in a single timeline. Even if there are multiple or infinite timelines, the story is only dealing with one.

You just said it was on an infinite loop, Even in a loop there has to be a starting point so how can Wylis be effected by someone who wasn't born?
2qluccz_th.png
Easy, Bran went back in time to before he was born to affect Wylis/Hodor.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Easy, Bran went back in time to before he was born to affect Wylis/Hodor.
Wylis/Hodor is at least 30 years older than Bran but has been slow since at least age 14, if its a fixed timeline/big loop then that doesn't fit.

How could 14 year old Hodor be effected by someone who isn't even a thought at that point.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Wylis/Hodor is at least 30 years older than Bran but has been slow since at least age 14, if its a fixed timeline/big loop then that doesn't fit.

How could 14 year old Hodor be effected by someone who isn't even a thought at that point.
Because when you travel back in time, you don't age backwards. You are still present-you, just transported to that place in time. However, in GoT we aren't certain what kind of physical state time-traveling-Bran is, as his body doesn't physically leave the present. It could be a denser form of his consciousness or energy that goes back in time, that allows him to be in two places at once. Basically, he exists as some kind of force since he can affect others and be affected by them.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
i hate every single scene that has to do with kings landing since tyrion aint there anymore. cersei and all the other lannisters story is just plain boring to me. just give me a whole entire episode of arya
Well the issue with KL is that it just doesn't matter anymore:manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Because when you travel back in time, you don't age backwards. You are still present-you, just transported to that place in time. However, in GoT we aren't certain what kind of physical state time-traveling-Bran is, as his body doesn't physically leave the present. It could be a denser form of his consciousness or energy that goes back in time, that allows him to be in two places at once. Basically, he exists as some kind of force since he can affect others and be affected by them.
You all over the place fam
full

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
:russ: At everybody hating King's Landing storyline now. It used to be LIT in that castle during the glory days, now they done fell from top ten to not even mentioned at all:wow:

And Cersei has been shown to have almost ZERO control of her emotions. If she would've found out about the Joff assassination there's no WAY she'd be chilling in the cut, she'd have Tommen immediately arrest and torture granny goodness...
Good point:ehh:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I think KL matters, not in the sense of who is gonna win the throne, but having these mass armies converge down there - lannister/kings gaurd, sparrows and the people, tyrells...may come into play with the white walkers
Ehhhhhh I guess. But in KL they don't even know about the real shyt going down:stopitslime:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
King's Landing and Winterfell have been the series focal points (along with Mereen:stopitslime:) for the entire series. Just because Winterfell and the North is likely about to see that action doesn't mean King's Landing is going to be pointless. I'm not sure what is going to happen there, but whatever it is, I expect it to be important to the overall point of the story when it ends.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
The season 3 finale crowd surfing Disney ending :scust:

Everyone on the board looking at the back of their cards to put up hotels, and Danny spent all her time tryna get both utilities :snoop: