Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Exactly what I was saying but to add on.

Sansa's current mental state was summed up back in episode 4 during her pep talk with Jon.

"If we don't take back the North, we'll never be safe. I want you to help me. But I'll do it myself if I have to."

:banderas:

She didn't come to Jon for refuge as a damsel. She came as a Stark looking for an alliance.

Sansa is playing the game well.
IMO even the gifting of the Stark Coat is suspect.

She only made Jon that coat because she saw how Jon reacted when she said he had no claim to Winterfell and that he was still a b*stard. Think she slick :stopitslime:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Can we talk about the faceless men nugget we got this episode for a second?

Jaquen informs us that the first faceless men were slaves in Valaryia. He insinuates (at least I think) that they killed all the masters in Valaryia, then moved to found Bravos. Y'all think they are somehow behind the doom of Valaryia?

It's HEAVILY IMPLIED they did in the World of Ice and Fire book.

Daps
It's HEAVILY IMPLIED they did in the World of Ice and Fire book.
It'll be interesting to see how they tie into the main story, I think it will extend beyond simply Arya getting revenge. Now that we know of their Valaryian connection/origins coupled with the fact that Valaryian Steel is one of the few things that kill White Walkers I think this is headed to something big:lupe:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I'm starting to agree.

My only problem is figuring out where the motivation for the rivalry will arise (especially on Jon's part).
Jon has absolutely no desire to lead or rule.

I understand that Sansa's lies would be a deal breaker for Jon. But not enough to spur a full on rivalry.

A simple answer is that after taking back winterfell, Jon and Sansa will have different plans for their large northern army.

Jon will probably want to go up North to confront the White walkers.

Sansa might suggest heading South or staying put in Winterfell.
This is a really good point. I'm not sure what I think about it, ESPECIALLY if the Wall falls this season. Sansa and Jon might have vastly different thoughts about what they should do.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Point is, Littlefinger is playing off of her insecurities as a young woman.

Yeah, but why though? Can't think of any logical reason for him to do that.

Fred.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah. I don't think that would change the feelings they would have toward each other.

Your right, I got nothing. I'm shelfing that theory for now.

But there's still a way.

If the theory is true (99% certain it is), Jon wouldn't be a b*stard anymore. Quite the opposite, he'd be the most eligible bachelor in all of the 7 kingdoms.

If their alliance survives that long, Sansa could be the emotional support that he would need to process that revelation and deal with the consequences.

Outside of that, theres some terrible circumstantial support:.

Sansa would get her wish of marrying a king, with the added irony that she's treated him like shyt most of her life.

It would also satisfy her current apatite for power.

It would unite the North behind Jon. ( I doubt they would follow a Targaryan with a wildling army otherwise).

Jon would get a Ginger (that seems to be his type)

It wouldn't be as incestuous.

It would align with GRRM's OG plan.

It would leave Caitlyn Starks rolling in grave. She feared that one day Jon would make a claim for Winterfell and poach her children's inheritance.

It would leave Jon the heir to the land of ice, while Khalisee conquers the land of fire

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but why though? Can't think of any logical reason for him to do that.

Fred.

Destabilize her relationship with Jon.

Remember his current plan is to manipulate his way to being King of the North. A strong Stark alliance is a threat to that.

Sansa's widely believed to be the last female Stark. At some point, she's going to have to secure an alliance and in all likely hood that pact will be backed by a marriage.

Littlefinger intends to be the one on the other side of that deal.

If that happens he'll get what he wants most. He gets the North, a Caitlyn Stark surrogate, and an army large enough to sack king's landing.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

Remember his current plan is to manipulate his way to being King of the North. A strong Stark alliance is a threat to that.

Sansa's widely believed to be the last female Stark. At some point, she's going to have to secure an alliance and in all likely hood that pact will be backed by a marriage.

If that happens he'll get what he wants most. He gets the North, a Caitlyn Stark surrogate, and an army large enough to sack king's landing.
Would be king of funny is while the rest of mankind is up north fighting ice demons, Littlefinger actually does become the King....ruling over nothing but ashes from the chaos he helped create.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I hear you but he already tried to set up a marriage for Sansa and it was a disaster. Even if he breaks the bond between Sansa and Jon I'm not seeing how that helps him achieve his goals. She's gonna do what she wants with or without Jon, anyway. It's not like they're super close to begin with.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
6ADLV4r.gif

Join #SMS brehs :blessed:

When they first met back up, I felt they were headed in that direction.

Now I see a potential sibling rivalry happening.

Yeah I'm starting to agree.

My only problem is figuring out where the motivation for the rivalry will arise (especially on Jon's part).
Jon has absolutely no desire to lead or rule.

I understand that Sansa's lies would be a deal breaker for Jon. But not enough to spur a full on rivalry.

A simple answer is that after taking back winterfell, Jon and Sansa will have different plans for their large northern army.

Jon will probably want to go up North to confront the White walkers.

Sansa might suggest heading South or staying put in Winterfell.

This is a really good point. I'm not sure what I think about it, ESPECIALLY if the Wall falls this season. Sansa and Jon might have vastly different thoughts about what they should do.