Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
You have to factor in how Jon feels about the Greyjoys. Yara and her people took a Northern castle and Theon burnt down Winterfell. Why would Jon do anything but kill them on sight?

Perhaps his time with the Wildings and the need to fight the Walkers will make him forgive and forget, but Yara and them ain't trying to fight no zombie monsters nor do they give a shyt about recapturing Winterfell. I don't really see where their goals align.
Read-back. I already addressed that

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/19261653/

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
You read the books? Do you think the iron island/euro story would've fit better last season? As just a show weather, this seems as shoehorned to me as dorne. Done too fast in a way that keeps you from caring about the characters.
Initially I wasn't a big fan of the iron born in the book to be honest but the kingsmoot was epic and I started to see where that storyline would pay off and their part in the story really started to pick up. Don't know if would've fit better last season but these nikkas have the equivalent of a season and a half to wrap this shyt up so it feels kind of late to introduce them now. Depends on where they go with it but agree it did feel just shoehorned in the ep as fan service as I think the majority of book readers like that chapter. Euron was a funny nikka but it looks like they've removed a few of the key elements that made that storyline good so I can see this being underwhelming like Dorne because they did the same thing. We'll see where they go with this though.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
You read the books? Do you think the iron island/euro story would've fit better last season? As just a show weather, this seems as shoehorned to me as dorne. Done too fast in a way that keeps you from caring about the characters.

Initially I wasn't a big fan of the iron born in the book to be honest but the kingsmoot was epic and I started to see where that storyline would pay off and their part in the story really started to pick up. Don't know if would've fit better last season but these nikkas have the equivalent of a season and a half to wrap this shyt up so it feels kind of late to introduce them now. Depends on where they go with it but agree it did feel just shoehorned in the ep as fan service as I think the majority of book readers like that chapter. Euron was a funny nikka but it looks like they've removed a few of the key elements that made that storyline good so I can see this being underwhelming like Dorne because they did the same thing. We'll see where they go with this though.

They were introduced late in the books too. Didn't know nothing about Euron or Victarion until book 4 or 5. I'm good with the timing but they messed it up by deciding to leave out Victarion. I mean I get it but it meant they needed a reason to send Asha/Yara and Theon to Dany. Of course Euron sent Victarion to Dany to bring her back so he could've done the same with those 2, but neither could plot to marry her themselves like Victarion was. So I guess there was no smooth way to do it and it seems clear that Dany will need the Ironborn's ships to get to Westeros

Jards

All Star
Daps
They were introduced late in the books too. Didn't know nothing about Euron or Victarion until book 4 or 5. I'm good with the timing but they messed it up by deciding to leave out Victarion. I mean I get it but it meant they needed a reason to send Asha/Yara and Theon to Dany. Of course Euron sent Victarion to Dany to bring her back so he could've done the same with those 2, but neither could plot to marry her themselves like Victarion was. So I guess there was no smooth way to do it and it seems clear that Dany will need the Ironborn's ships to get to Westeros
Yeah that's why I said they've removed key elements of that storyline, Victorian being one of them similar to how they left Arienne out of the Dorne storyline and we saw how that went. I'll watch it play out though. In terms of timelines though, the iron born is way behind all the other plots - Victorian was well on his way to meet Dany by the time John got stabbed and Dany met the Dothraki

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
I didn't know the coli had a GOT thread.

:whoo:

Got me lurking on other forums for discussions.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yeah that's why I said they've removed key elements of that storyline, Victorian being one of them similar to how they left Arienne out of the Dorne storyline and we saw how that went. I'll watch it play out though. In terms of timelines though, the iron born is way behind all the other plots - Victorian was well on his way to meet Dany by the time John got stabbed and Dany met the Dothraki
Yeah people bytch about the book readers complaining but the greyjoys and dorne storylines have been straight up botched as fukk.

It woulda been dope to see some characters they left out like victarion and even patchface.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Everything Bran has messed with has already happened because Bran went back and altered things. We just seen the effect of that before the cause.

That =/= it was meant to happen no matter what, which is what the "fixed timeline" debate is about. A fixed timeline is immutable. Nothing can be changed. Hodor going from a regular kid to "hodor" is a very specific change, because it only exists to save Bran.

Fred.

Bran didn't mess with anything. He was always supposed to go into that dream, see the past and basically make Hodor lose his shyt. The guy fell down into ONE seizure (or as the call them "fits") and was never right after. Maesters wouldn't know what the hell happened either. Robert Arryn has "fits" too but so far he hasn't been fukked over on Hodor level, so he prolly wasn't warged into.

Far as we know Bran hasn't changed anything. He saw the nights king hell for all we know CENTURIES ago and the NK was just waiting for that mark to return to that tree. And the moment it was BAM

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
This is exactly what I'm saying. People are in here using "12 Monkeys" as an example, as if that movie isn't a completed story. "GOT" is 6 seasons deep and we didn't even know it had time travel until 2 days ago. We don't have enough information to assume anything about where they're going with Bran and his abilities.

Fred.
We aren't shown an alternate reality because what would the point be, story wise? :dwillhuh:

It's like some of you forget this is a TV show, and the writers are stuck with the decisions they made. Let's say two seasons ago they show Wylis grown. Just a random scene from one of Bran's visions. You're telling me we actually gotta see that, to know it was a possibility if Bran hadn't interfered? The only reason the alternative exists is because of Bran.

The problem with this discussion is some of you are like "yeah, time loop!" when the evidence is literally one episode. Two weeks ago everyone was talking about "what if Bran is responsible for...." half the events in the show. Now it's a closed time loop. I'm saying, let's chill with trying to figure out what it is until we have more info.

Fred.
Except you haven't been. You've been one of the main ones driving the debate.
So we're dealing with a paradox and/or a multi-verse in this show. Which is fine, but kinda odd since this is uncharted territory for "GOT".

Fred.