Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Because he was fukked up before Bran was born.

Because it was Brans fate to travel through time and make it happen.

If we were shown a world in which Hodor was ever normal then we could assume alternate timelines.
We did see a world in which he was normal.

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
There is no "rules" so far, there is one instance of time travel. I don't get how people are assuming entire rule sets off one example. It's possible "GOT" will use this once and never again, it's possible they'll completely fukk up their own logic with it. I'm not assuming either yet, because we don't know yet.

The problem with saying "the ink is dry" is we seen Wylis prior to Bran fukking with his mind. Also we seen Ned hear Bran, even if it was for a second. So there is two instances of Bran interacting with the past, when he shouldn't have. I hope they completely drop this as a plot device, but it doesn't seem likely.

Fred.

Yea, the fact that they hinted at this with Ned possibly hearing Bran at the Tower of Joy makes me think they won't be dropping this.

So at least we'll likely get some resolution to this debate lol

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Come on guys, have we been paying attention Bran's story? We've known about time travel since season 2. We have seen visions of the future, via Bran since the beginning. What do you think Bran is looking at when he gets a vision that tells him where he needs to be? Jojen knew about his death before it even happened. He knew his only purpose was to get Bran to the 3-eyed raven and then he would die.

2 minute mark

Almost all of Jojen's scenes have been dealing with visions of the past and future, and they actually talk about being able to do it back in season 3.

Breh precognition =/= time travel. Melissandre can see the future too....not very well apparently....but she ain't traveling through time changing people's destiny. C'mon now. This shyt is new to "GOT".

And a couple weeks ago people were talking about :ohhh:"what if Bran caused The Mad King to lose his mind?" so I'm kinda confused how we're suddenly locked into this one theory of a fixed loop or time line. All that shyt is up in the air right now. It could go either way.

Fred.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
14pbui.jpg

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about the look, clown. It's about the power. Imagine her and her ships and we've seen her in battler before. Especially now that the left the Iron islands so they have no true home so you cant pinpoint a place to attack them. Now put her together with Jon Sno and a gang of wildlings. Again, a bunch of roamers with no true home.

Noone in the 7 Kingdoms wants part of that beef

You might as well put Jon with Brienne :scust:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
But who said it's possible for you to go back in time and save Kennedy?

You can't

If you had gone back to save Kennedy then Kennedy would have been alive when you were born

I think you are confused about what is fixed, Kennedy dying is fixed, Oswald is fixed, you going back in time would just be a story about how you failed to stop Oswald

Or put another way, Oswald could have been the time traveler, like bran was the time traveler
and this is why it gets tricky

if you go back and save kennedy... and he's alive when you're born... then you would have never needed to go back and save kennedy in the first place... so why would you have done it?

bran goes back to make hodor, but if in the original story, there was no hodor... then the whole story would have changed, because hodor wouldn't be some mindless fool carrying bran around and being a slave to the starks in the first place

terminator goes back to kill connor... kyle reese fukks his mom and makes jon... then who was the original jon before reese was his dad and who taught his mom to make him a leader

see where i'm going... time travel never works... unless you go with alternate realities... as in you go back to a different timeline and change it... but the original timeline is the same.. you just fractured off to a completely new set of time

which would also mean there's millions of us in different time and dimensions, all doing the exact same things, except when a time traveler goes back and fukks with it.... it's all crazy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah we weren't shown a world in which he was normal after that point even though Bran wouldn't be born years later.

That's a moot point because Bran traveled back in time to a point before he was born, and made it happen.

It's not like Wylis got kicked in the head by a horse and turned into Hodor. He turned into Hodor specifically to save Bran, because of Bran. I don't know why we'd assume he'd be Hodor no matter what.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Breh precognition =/= time travel. Melissandre can see the future too....not very well apparently....but she ain't traveling through time changing people's destiny. C'mon now. This shyt is new to "GOT".

And a couple weeks ago people were talking about :ohhh:"what if Bran caused The Mad King to lose his mind?" so I'm kinda confused how we're suddenly locked into this one theory of a fixed loop or time line. All that shyt is up in the air right now. It could go either way.

Fred.
The 3-eyed raven is sending visions of the future to Jojen to get him to bring Bran to him. Jojen knows the future only because this is a fixed time loop, where everything that will happen has already happened, including time fukkery. It's the same reason the 3-eyed raven knows that Bran will fly. The ink is dry.

7:35

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I just go hung up on the have to part like its a foregone conclusion. It's a plausible theory but there's many suggestions for a multitude of outcomes when you do only surface digging
Yea, at this point you have people who have written in their minds what they think will happen, those who have multiple views, and those who know nothing (:youngsabo:) and are just rolling with it, all just speculation tho since of course none of us know. Outside of Dany and jon combining forces, I'm not tied to any particular outcome...i literally have no clue where the tyrells end, what role Arya and sansa play, bran is :dahell: to me now, little finger still got me like :jbhmm: but that's why this shyt is GOAT :noah:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
why minus Sansa? :dwillhuh:
GRRM has a way of weaving people's character traits into them throughout heir story, no one really changes. Sansa was disloyal to her family in the beginning, she's with jon who if it weren't for this fukked up situation, she never liked, she graduated the little finger school of finessing, and every family has had discord except the Starks :jbhmm: I'm not fukking with her, if I gotta eat crow later, I will, but right now, it's on sight :birdman:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
That's a moot point because Bran traveled back in time to a point before he was born, and made it happen.

It's not like Wylis got kicked in the head by a horse and turned into Hodor. He turned into Hodor specifically to save Bran, because of Bran. I don't know why we'd assume he'd be Hodor no matter what.

Fred.
No that is the point. Bran travelled back to a time before he was born, did something not knowing what the effect would be, and only ended up confirming what we already knew, i.e. Hodor went mad as a child.

We know it's a time loop because nothing about history has changed as a result of what Bran did. We're not shown an alternate reality in which Hodor's mind doesn't get fukked at that moment in history.

The central tenet of a time loop is that events in the past are set and going back in time only makes events occur in the past as they were supposed to anyway.

Don't you get how that matches exactly what we saw?

Jards

All Star
Daps
she chose to do that, she wasn't forced into to it. euron acting like he's just gonna show up and say here are the ships, now marry me and let's do this. nah. furthermore, he's not an integral key to Westeros, he's on the outside, she aint trying to marry dotraki or the unsullied simply because they offer her manpower.
It seems like they kinda botched this storyline up cause if I remember correctly - in the book at the kingsmoot this nikka Euron had a big ass horn to which he claims could control the dragons which was how he won the kingsmoot and was his claim to try and marry Dany. Unless they reveal this further down the line, here it just seems like the nikka thinks he's gonna turn up with his dikk out and Danys gonna wanna marry him :mjlol: no real justification as to why he thinks Danys gonna want his broke ass

I found the Kingsmoot part to be quite underwhelming tbh as well as poorly paced