Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The 3-eyed raven is sending visions of the future to Jojen to get him to bring Bran to him. Jojen knows the future only because this is a fixed time loop, where everything that will happen has already happened, including time fukkery. It's the same reason the 3-eyed raven knows that Bran will fly. The ink is dry.

7:35

Ok cool....except The 3 Eyed Raven clearly didn't mean for Bran to lead The White Walkers to his lair. He didn't respond as if he knew that would happen, he responded like Bran fukked up and told them to get out. He even told him "you aren't ready yet".

Which fits with Bran needing to alter history to get out of that.

Again, I'm not saying it's not a fixed time line....I'm saying 1 episode isn't enough info to decide.

Fred.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
No that is the point. Bran travelled back to a time before he was born, did something not knowing what the effect would be, and only ended up confirming what we already knew, i.e. Hodor went mad as a child.

We know it's a time loop because nothing about history has changed as a result of what Bran did. We're not shown an alternate reality in which Hodor's mind doesn't get fukked at that moment in history.

The central tenet of a time loop is that events in the past are set and going back in time only makes events occur in the past as they were supposed to anyway.

Don't you get how that matches exactly what we saw?
Perfectly said.

At this point I don't know how to say it any clearer than you just said it so I'm gonna move on from the topic and hope it eventually sinks in as the show continues on.

Much rather talk about if Sansa is going to fukk everything up or if she is gonna outplay everyone else on the field. :whoo:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
You might as well put Jon with Brienne :scust:
AGain, doggy you;re missing the point. Brienne isnt a leader. Yara is. Brienne is just a great warrior. Yara wouldnt beat Brienne but i'd trust Yara to lead my army. Not Brienne.

There is a reason why you have officers and soldiers, B. Your best warrior may not be able to lead other soldiers on the battle field. Your best field general may not be a very good fighter.

Take one of the greatest generals ever in history: Napoleon. Did you know that fukka was 5'5 and frail? Didnt lose many battles tho.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
13260180_10156893859935175_2740097354167662303_n.jpg

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It seems like they kinda botched this storyline up cause if I remember correctly - in the book at the kingsmoot this nikka Euron had a big ass horn to which he claims could control the dragons which was how he won the kingsmoot and was his claim to try and marry Dany. Unless they reveal this further down the line, here it just seems like the nikka thinks he's gonna turn up with his dikk out and Danys gonna wanna marry him :mjlol: no real justification as to why he thinks Danys gonna want his broke ass

I found the Kingsmoot part to be quite underwhelming tbh as well as poorly paced
You read the books? Do you think the iron island/euro story would've fit better last season? As just a show weather, this seems as shoehorned to me as dorne. Done too fast in a way that keeps you from caring about the characters.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Perfectly said.

At this point I don't know how to say it any clearer than you just said it so I'm gonna move on from the topic and hope it eventually sinks in as the show continues on.

Much rather talk about if Sansa is going to fukk everything up or if she is gonna outplay everyone else on the field. :whoo:
Yeah, this really is going nowhere.

I remember Martin said something like, the show chose to do something different with a female character that sets things up quite differently and I think he meant Sansa.

Problem is by using Littlefinger's information then lying to the others about it she's given him a foothold. So many ways a conniving dude could use that against her if he finds out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No that is the point. Bran travelled back to a time before he was born, did something not knowing what the effect would be, and only ended up confirming what we already knew, i.e. Hodor went mad as a child.

We know it's a time loop because nothing about history has changed as a result of what Bran did. We're not shown an alternate reality in which Hodor's mind doesn't get fukked at that moment in history.

The central tenet of a time loop is that events in the past are set and going back in time only makes events occur in the past as they were supposed to anyway.

Don't you get how that matches exactly what we saw?

We aren't shown an alternate reality because what would the point be, story wise? :dwillhuh:

It's like some of you forget this is a TV show, and the writers are stuck with the decisions they made. Let's say two seasons ago they show Wylis grown. Just a random scene from one of Bran's visions. You're telling me we actually gotta see that, to know it was a possibility if Bran hadn't interfered? The only reason the alternative exists is because of Bran.

The problem with this discussion is some of you are like "yeah, time loop!" when the evidence is literally one episode. Two weeks ago everyone was talking about "what if Bran is responsible for...." half the events in the show. Now it's a closed time loop. I'm saying, let's chill with trying to figure out what it is until we have more info.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So you think Dany's gonna be the one to take the throne? :usure:

Cos she's a win or bust character brah...and she won't take a backseat to noone...and her "winning" would be a little too obvious for GRRM's style of writing.

When she gets murked in the last couple of episodes just remember to @ me with the :to: and some +rep :sas2:
GRRM style of writing got you hooked and now that time is over

all the "shock" deaths were really of minor characters... AT THE TIME, they were major... but now we are 6 seasons in, going for 8.... they weren't major in the grand scheme of things

his style was building secondary characters into the forefront for a season or 2... then killing them off

but if you watch this series from day 1... you'll see who the major characters are.... and i'll bet on these being the ones who won't die

jon who will be the targ son
dany being his cousin/aunt/something

them both being the ones who were promised

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The speed the show is moving at now makes it feel like a different show. It's been an entertaining season but I haven't looked at it as an epic GOAT candidate since S4.

teacher

All Star
Daps
It seems like they kinda botched this storyline up cause if I remember correctly - in the book at the kingsmoot this nikka Euron had a big ass horn to which he claims could control the dragons which was how he won the kingsmoot and was his claim to try and marry Dany. Unless they reveal this further down the line, here it just seems like the nikka thinks he's gonna turn up with his dikk out and Danys gonna wanna marry him :mjlol: no real justification as to why he thinks Danys gonna want his broke ass

I found the Kingsmoot part to be quite underwhelming tbh as well as poorly paced

don't read the books but in the show when he was questioned about the same thing he said it's not his game but his ships that will persuade her...which IMO is a better plan then theon or his sister have atm..

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
We aren't shown an alternate reality because what would the point be, story wise? :dwillhuh:

It's like some of you forget this is a TV show, and the writers are stuck with the decisions they made. Let's say two seasons ago they show Wylis grown. Just a random scene from one of Bran's visions. You're telling me we actually gotta see that, to know it was a possibility if Bran hadn't interfered? The only reason the alternative exists is because of Bran.

The problem with this discussion is some of you are like "yeah, time loop!" when the evidence is literally one episode. Two weeks ago everyone was talking about "what if Bran is responsible for...." half the events in the show. Now it's a closed time loop. I'm saying, let's chill with trying to figure out what it is until we have more info.

Fred.
Do you really think Martin named the character Hodor not knowing what was gonna go down?
Bran being responsible for all the events in the shows past is consistent with a time loop as there can be multiple on a single fixed timeline.
There is no "if Bran hadn't interfered breh".
What it comes down to is not taking this shyt the alternate reality route so you're never going to see anything that would negate a time loop. So you can safely assume a fixed timeline.

Lastly, let's just agree to disagree on this shyt arguing about time paradoxes is pointless cause you just end up repeating the loop in meta. :francis:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AGain, doggy you;re missing the point. Brienne isnt a leader. Yara is. Brienne is just a great warrior. Yara wouldnt beat Brienne but i'd trust Yara to lead my army. Not Brienne.

There is a reason why you have officers and soldiers, B. Your best warrior may not be able to lead other soldiers on the battle field. Your best field general may not be a very good fighter.

Take one of the greatest generals ever in history: Napoleon. Did you know that fukka was 5'5 and frail? Didnt lose many battles tho.

I agree but that doesn't mean she should hook up Jon, lol. Maybe fight alongside him.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It's not about the look, clown. It's about the power. Imagine her and her ships and we've seen her in battler before. Especially now that the left the Iron islands so they have no true home so you cant pinpoint a place to attack them. Now put her together with Jon Sno and a gang of wildlings. Again, a bunch of roamers with no true home.

Noone in the 7 Kingdoms wants part of that beef
You have to factor in how Jon feels about the Greyjoys. Yara and her people took a Northern castle and Theon burnt down Winterfell. Why would Jon do anything but kill them on sight?

Perhaps his time with the Wildings and the need to fight the Walkers will make him forgive and forget, but Yara and them ain't trying to fight no zombie monsters nor do they give a shyt about recapturing Winterfell. I don't really see where their goals align.

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
GRRM has a way of weaving people's character traits into them throughout heir story, no one really changes. Sansa was disloyal to her family in the beginning, she's with jon who if it weren't for this fukked up situation, she never liked, she graduated the little finger school of finessing, and every family has had discord except the Starks :jbhmm: I'm not fukking with her, if I gotta eat crow later, I will, but right now, it's on sight :birdman:
:ehh: Thats true, she has adopted a few fuccboi characteristics from Baelish