Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Yo we need to talk about Brienne getting all sadity. Real talk she's like an sports talk show host with how stuck up she's been acting and its been going on for a while now.
- Stayed calling Jaime 'Kingslayer' and all that (dont get me wrong Jaime was a terrible person) even though she went and pledged her sword to Renly who had no claim to the throne. If Jaime lacked honor so did she and everyone else who pledged for Renly
- Got all uppity about Stannis killing Renly even though, again, Stannis was the rightful king and she was basically in rebellion because Renly should've been loyal to Stannis in the first place
- Came at Davos and Mel about how they killed Renly. She prides herself on being loyal yet is calling herself 'not forgetting' about those 2 who essentially followed the orders of their king. Not to mention she helped Cat directly disobey Robb by letting Jaime go.
- Saying she doesn't trust Davos because, why? Because he followed his King's orders? She did the same thing by riding to Riverrun.
- She was all hostile to Littlefinger. Yea sure you can say it was due to what happened with Sansa but her actions could've easily gotten Arya killed. She was being protected by the Hound and Brienne took it upon herself to fight him and then lost Arya anyway. She could've easily been killed, raped, etc and it would've been Brienne's fault and truthfully she has no way of knowing if those things didn't happen but she's looking down on Littlefinger like she did better

Basically she's the biggest hypocrite on the show but they stay treating her like she's honorable when in reality she's kind of a big dumb broad. Basically the only difference between her and some others is that she's convinced everything she does is honorable and everything anyone else does is wrong.
bottom paged :francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll ask again, how do you KNOW this is a fixed timeline? How can you preclude a multiverse here?

This is exactly what I'm saying. People are in here using "12 Monkeys" as an example, as if that movie isn't a completed story. "GOT" is 6 seasons deep and we didn't even know it had time travel until 2 days ago. We don't have enough information to assume anything about where they're going with Bran and his abilities.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'll ask again, how do you KNOW this is a fixed timeline? How can you preclude a multiverse here?

Absolutely nothing presented on the show supports the idea of a multiverse. If it happens, I'll be the first to say "I was wrong" (and then I'll criticize the show).

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It's not about the look, clown. It's about the power. Imagine her and her ships and we've seen her in battler before. Especially now that the left the Iron islands so they have no true home so you cant pinpoint a place to attack them. Now put her together with Jon Sno and a gang of wildlings. Again, a bunch of roamers with no true home.

Noone in the 7 Kingdoms wants part of that beef

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
There is no "rules" so far, there is one instance of time travel. I don't get how people are assuming entire rule sets off one example. It's possible "GOT" will use this once and never again, it's possible they'll completely fukk up their own logic with it. I'm not assuming either yet, because we don't know yet.

The problem with saying "the ink is dry" is we seen Wylis prior to Bran fukking with his mind. Also we seen Ned hear Bran, even if it was for a second. So there is two instances of Bran interacting with the past, when he shouldn't have. I hope they completely drop this as a plot device, but it doesn't seem likely.

Fred.
I agree that there are multiple time travel theories possible right now, but why does Bran's warg-fukkery causing Wylis to become Hodor preclude the ink being dry? He was always going to become Hodor. From the moment he was born, it was his fate to become Hodor.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree that there are multiple time travel theories possible right now, but why does Bran's warg-fukkery causing Wylis to become Hodor preclude the ink being dry? He was always going to become Hodor. From the moment he was born, it was his fate to become Hodor.

Eh....:patrice:

How was it his fate when the only reason it happened is Bran traveled through time and made it happen?

Whose to say his fate wasn't meant to be just a regular kid, and Bran fukked it up? Because the sole reason Bran needed to be saved, is he fukked up. You get what I'm saying?

Fred.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You could say this about Cersei too...it doesn't mean much. When Dany dies sooner or later you'll remember who the prophet was :sas2:

And i'll expect my +rep:sas1:

There won't be a world where Dany coexists whilst someone else takes the throne...and I don't think she's taking the throne so :manny:
See that's the problem. Your minds stuck on the small stuff..... Like Cersei :sas1:

The throne won't even matter. My bet is by the time Dany arrives in Westeros the walkers will already have crossed the wall.

Plus Cirsei isn't a part of the larger narrative and has no connection to the supernatural besides the voodoo lady that told her her kids would die. She's a small fry in the grand scheme of things :ld:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely nothing presented on the show supports the idea of a multiverse.

Yeah, actually it does. We see Wylis before Bran fukks his mind up. In another version of reality Bran doesn't completely drop the ball and need to be saved, so there is never a need for a Hodor to "hold the door".

And nothing on this show supported time travel changing character arcs until 2 days ago....yet here we are.

Fred.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Eh....:patrice:

How was it his fate when the only reason it happened is Bran traveled through time and made it happen?

Whose to say his fate wasn't meant to be just a regular kid, and Bran fukked it up? Because the sole reason Bran needed to be saved, is he fukked up. You get what I'm saying?

Fred.
Because he was fukked up before Bran was born.

Because it was Brans fate to travel through time and make it happen.

If we were shown a world in which Hodor was ever normal then we could assume alternate timelines.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
13239876_10208005497113774_1543934831092560084_n.jpg

....for the watch??
shyt gonna end like that M Night Shamalang movie :bryan:

Daps
Absolutely nothing presented on the show supports the idea of a multiverse. If it happens, I'll be the first to say "I was wrong" (and then I'll criticize the show).
But that's not the question that I asked.

And I'd argue that the show hasn't supported a fixed timeline, either. People keep using the "ink is dry" comment made by the bloodraven when he was trying to explain to Bran that they were just observers and could not affect the past (when's Ned turned around at the Tower of Joy). Clearly, he was wrong as shown with Hodor, future Bran DID affect the past. Now I'd agree, it didn't change anything in this timeline, but I'd also point out it was NECESSARY in this timeline. The Bloodraven dies before the Hodor revelation, so it stands to reason that he just didn't know that it was possible. To me, the necessity of the time loop lends credence to a multiverse. I'm not saying it definitely is or isn't one way or another, but I do know it hasn't been ruled out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because he was fukked up before Bran was born.

Because it was Brans fate to travel through time and make it happen.

If we were shown a world in which Hodor was ever normal then we could assume alternate timelines.

:dwillhuh:

We were shown a world when Hodor was normal. He was a regular kid until Bran fukked his mind up.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
This is exactly what I'm saying. People are in here using "12 Monkeys" as an example, as if that movie isn't a completed story. "GOT" is 6 seasons deep and we didn't even know it had time travel until 2 days ago. We don't have enough information to assume anything about where they're going with Bran and his abilities.

Fred.
Come on guys, have we been paying attention Bran's story? We've known about time travel since season 2. We have seen visions of the future, via Bran since the beginning. What do you think Bran is looking at when he gets a vision that tells him where he needs to be? Jojen knew about his death before it even happened. He knew his only purpose was to get Bran to the 3-eyed raven and then he would die.

2 minute mark

Almost all of Jojen's scenes have been dealing with visions of the past and future, and they actually talk about being able to do it back in season 3. All of that supports a fixed time loop.

Last edited: