Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get @hexagram23's problem because it does open a can of worms

I personally do think that hodor/bran loop is fixed how the majority of people believe it is, but in the same breath you can't just turn that paradox switch on and off :heh:...like, you can't say the bran hodor thing is predetermined and then turn around and say other things aren't just because it doesn't fit the way you want the story to go

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How did you leap to that conclusion? You asked "what if" and it was answered that Wylas would've never became Hodor and somehow that means that Bran is immortal?
Explain that please. Maybe you could get the answer you're looking for if we can follow your train of thought.

Read the bolded:

No. he just has to do the shyt that he did that has already affected the past, he can die after. He was never gonna die before he did that shyt to hodor because it's already been done.

This doesn't make any sense because the only reason he didn't die in this episode is because he altered the past. We just seen the side effects of that before the cause.

"He couldn't die before that, because those things already happened"....that's the problem here. There is literally no way Bran could've died in this episode, or any point prior to it, because the entire series up to this point is an alternate time line created by Bran in this episode. Which is the paradox.

Fred.

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
"Everything that has been always will be, now figure out the riddle"

People are looking at time as linear, which is a theory that this story doesn't have to abide by. It's like @Adam3000 is saying, it's not about Bran timetravelling and undoing seasons 1-5 (or books 1-5). It's about what happened in the story's history that Bran, or anyone with those abilities, might have played a part in.

They basically explained another big part of the story - how can people hear voices that "know the past/future" (think the red priests or that woman who told Cersei's prophecy) if Jon Snow is telling us there is nothing after death. It means we're not dealing with Gods in this show, we're dealing with people like Bran.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
He's immortal in the sense that everything is "predestined". So if it's all "predestined" and he causes events already in effect from warging him dying would negate all of that right.

Had he not ran the nights king would've been on some ":whoa: whoa there buddy, you're fukking up the destiny" type shyt
You're combining the "predestined" timeline with one that isn't and that's what's throwing you. If it's predestined then the NK would never have the chance to tell him he's fukking up the destiny lol. That's just impossible for it to happen in a predestined scenario. Just like you asking what if he killed Bran, it was not meant to happen at that point in time.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You're combining the "predestined" timeline with one that isn't and that's what's throwing you. If it's predestined then the NK would never have the chance to tell him he's fukking up the destiny lol. That's just impossible for it to happen in a predestined scenario. Just like you asking what if he killed Bran, it was not meant to happen at that point in time.
I'm just throwing shyt out there, we'll see how it plays out :yeshrug:

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
Ok breh :heh:

1. this still doesn't explain why they need to unite
2. the show isn't based around jon and dany :dead: they are a couple of the more important characters but nah
3. How many 'important' characters have been killed off already again? :ohhh: And don't try to fobb this point off just because those characters died when characters like ned, rob and stannis weren't big factors in the story up until their deaths

the possibility of Jon and Dany uniting is more to do with fans wanting that to happen than what's most likely going to happen imo

But "have to", is a lot more different than "they could" which is why I :dahell:

I guess you don't know about that theory. I won't go into though

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
:deadmanny: At this back patting that @Silkk and @hexagram23 are having back and forth when everyone else gets it

There is only 1 timeline. There is no "original timeline". This isnt Back to the Future. Everything that exists has always existed. The timeline Bran witnessed when Wyllis had his siezure is the original timeline, the only timeline.

If you still want to argue paradoxes, well good luck. This stuff has been argued for centuries. This is not new to Game of Thrones and it is a silly thing to waste time arguing about.

Should we start a 30 page argument on Terminator? Or Dr. Who? Or how about we call up some professors of physics to discuss quantum mechanics and relativity and space/time and the big bang?

For the last time, the 3 Eyed Raven made it CLEAR than Bran can NOT change the past. So this is not time travel in the normal sense of the term. Bran can NOT influence events to change that we have already seen (i.e. whispering to Ned not to travel to Kings Landing). There is clearly only 1 timeline and the past is ALREADY WRITTEN per the raven

I think everyone needs to just be done with this and let Silkk and Hexagram ponder amongst themselves
this, in the context of the show there is no parallel universe, I think people are still shook from lost

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Read the bolded:

This doesn't make any sense because the only reason he didn't die in this episode is because he altered the past. We just seen the side effects of that before the cause.

"He couldn't die before that, because those things already happened....that's the problem here. There is literally no way Bran could've died in this episode, or any point prior to it, because the entire series up to this point is an alternate time line created by Bran in this episode. Which is the paradox.

Fred.
You're saying the same shyt I'm saying right there , i just don't know where you're getting this alternate timeline from. It's one timeline that has already been altered. We're only aware of hodor but I'm sure there is more. I don't expect bran to die anytime soon.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so bran got his dog killed, ruined hodors life, got leaf murked and didn't he send rickon, rickon's dire wolf and osha to get captured by the umbers?

:martin:

this fukkin cripple is fukkin everybody's life up.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Ok breh :heh:

1. this still doesn't explain why they need to unite
2. the show isn't based around jon and dany :dead: they are a couple of the more important characters but nah
3. How many 'important' characters have been killed off already again? :ohhh: And don't try to fobb this point off just because those characters died when characters like ned, rob and stannis weren't big factors in the story up until their deaths

the possibility of Jon and Dany uniting is more to do with fans wanting that to happen than what's most likely going to happen imo

But "have to", is a lot more different than "they could" which is why I :dahell:
Who Will Survive ‘Game Of Thrones’? George R.R. Martin’s Original Pitch Letter Might Spill The Beans!
HarperCollins is moving its UK offices and during the hubbub, an eagle-eyedGame of Thrones fan spotted Martin’s original pitch letter for the sprawling fantasy series. The three page letter details his plans and goals for the series

Martin states plainly in the letter that five characters would survive the series: Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon, Arya, and Bran. So, far they are all still alive in the television series. Take your bets on whether or not they’ll survive all seven books.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the best episode and sad episode.

:to: Poor Hodor. What a terrible death. Heartbreaking. Now we understand what happened to Willis and why he repeats "Hodor". He is repeating "Hold the Door".

:sadbron:Poor Summer got butchered but he went out like a solider. Only Nymeria and Ghost are still alive.:mjcry:

fukkING Bran:martin:

So the Children of the Forest made the White Walkers, but cannot control them :patrice:. Their leaders are immune to fire. We all will need Valyrian steel, obsidian, and Dragons to defeat them.

:martin: and :snoop: at Sansa. Cannot believe she trusting creepy scheming Littlefinger

Another Red Priestess got Vary's got shook as fukk :lupe:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
??? Why do Jon and Dany have to unite breh? :dahell: as far as I see it...dany aint even making it out of the show alive
Btwn fan theories/clues from GRRM, the possible parentage of Jon, and this being a song of ice and fire...I see them allied. Being allies doesn't mean either of them lives or gets a "happy" ending :manny: