Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Answer this.

What happens if the Knights King kills bran before he gets into hodor?

Whats the explanation for Hodor's state then, unless Bran is unkillable...

And don't give me an answer from reddit or some chart. Tell me what you think.
You bringing up shoulda coulda wouldas. That shyt wasn't gonna happen because it's already set in stone that bran goes back and fukks up hodor. If the knight king killed bran before it happened then hodor would have been normal this entire time.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Answer this.

What happens if the Knights King kills bran before he gets into hodor?

Whats the explanation for Hodor's state then, unless Bran is unkillable...

And don't give me an answer from reddit or some chart. Tell me what you think.

Since there is only 1 timeline, if the Nights King had killed Bran, then he never would have warged into Wyllis which means Wyllis never would have been ruined and the butterfly effect would then state that the Nights King is never put into a position to kill Bran in the first place. A whole new paradox is created

But that paradox is not relevant because its only 1 timeline, a timeline in which the Nights King does not kill Bran.

The way things have played out to this point is the way things are. There is no "if"

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Everyone else doesn't "get it" though. You got 7 people Dapping Chris Cool for claiming Wylis was always "retarded" when he clearly wasn't prior to Bran's interference.

You got people claiming this is a fixed timeline with no explanation as to how or why.

And me and @Silkk are far from the only people that want to discuss this aspect of the episode. Unless the people Dapping my posts and responding are just doing it for the hell of it.

Telling the entire thread "I think everyone needs to be done with it" is silly, and not gonna happen. That's not your call. You can bow out of this conversation if you want, though. :yeshrug:

Fred.
It's essentially a paradox. Bran went into the past because he was destined to cause the event. The event was caused by Bran going back in time and interfering there.

The idea is that even if Bran acts in the past he's not actually changing it (which I think is where you're getting the timeline thing from), he's just fulfilling it.

He was always going to go back to that point and perform those actions because the result of those actions (Hodor being retarded) was initiated at the point he travelled back to.

The interesting question here isn't about a multiverse. It's pretty obvious that they're not going down that route here or even trying to suggest it.

The real question is what other events in the past were caused by Bran?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Since there is only 1 timeline, if the Nights King had killed Bran, then he never would have warged into Wyllis which means Wyllis never would have been ruined and the butterfly effect would then state that the Nights King is never put into a position to kill Bran in the first place. A whole new paradox is created

But that paradox is not relevant because its only 1 timeline, a timeline in which the Nights King does not kill Bran.

The way things have played out to this point is the way things are. There is no "if"
So you're saying Bran can't be killed then, correct?

Silkk

Daps
You bringing up shoulda coulda wouldas. That shyt wasn't gonna happen because it's already set in stone that bran goes back and fukks up hodor. If the knight king killed bran before it happened then hodor would have been normal this entire time.
Guess that makes Bran immortal then, right?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole show is based around Jon and Dany. Lol. fukk you talking about.
Ok breh :heh:

1. this still doesn't explain why they need to unite
2. the show isn't based around jon and dany :dead: they are a couple of the more important characters but nah
3. How many 'important' characters have been killed off already again? :ohhh: And don't try to fobb this point off just because those characters died when characters like ned, rob and stannis weren't big factors in the story up until their deaths

the possibility of Jon and Dany uniting is more to do with fans wanting that to happen than what's most likely going to happen imo

But "have to", is a lot more different than "they could" which is why I :dahell:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So you're saying Bran can't be killed then, correct?

Guess that makes Bran immortal then, right?
How did you leap to that conclusion? You asked "what if" and it was answered that Wylas would've never became Hodor and somehow that means that Bran is immortal?
Explain that please. Maybe you could get the answer you're looking for if we can follow your train of thought.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you misinterpreted what i was saying. I meant he was always retarded as in current hodor wasn't normal, he been fukked up the whole series. It's not like he was normal until bran fukked shyt up and now he's retarded. He was normal until bran fukked shyt up when he was a kid. Bran was always gonna fukk him up because he already did.

Everything bran has messed with has already happened.

Everything Bran has messed with has already happened because Bran went back and altered things. We just seen the effect of that before the cause.

That =/= it was meant to happen no matter what, which is what the "fixed timeline" debate is about. A fixed timeline is immutable. Nothing can be changed. Hodor going from a regular kid to "hodor" is a very specific change, because it only exists to save Bran.

Fred.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Bran on his Clarke in the 100

Taking their sweet time while everyone protecting them gets slaughtered

Why the fukk did bran hit the snooze button after he knew the night King was coming for him? :mindblown: He must really be his fathers son.

Silkk

Daps
How did you leap to that conclusion? You asked "what if" and it was answered that Wylas would've never became Hodor and somehow that means that Bran is immortal?
Explain that please. Maybe you could get the answer you're looking for if we can follow your train of thought.
He's immortal in the sense that everything is "predestined". So if it's all "predestined" and he causes events already in effect from warging him dying would negate all of that right.

Had he not ran the nights king would've been on some ":whoa: whoa there buddy, you're fukking up the destiny" type shyt

Silkk

Daps
No. he just has to do the shyt that he did that has already affected the past, he can die after. He was never gonna die before he did that shyt to hodor because it's already been done.

2qluccz_th.png

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
if he's responsible for hodor then who the fukk knows what other shyt he's played a part in. Whatever it may be, he would still have to do that shyt breh because it has already been done. I don't know how else to say it breh. :yeshrug: