Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The graph posted earlier explains it

Between the two dots, the Nights King does not kill Bran. "What ifs" are not relevant. The infinite loop is not interrupted
Is that an official graph realeased by anyone associated with Game of Thrones?

:mjlol: at what ifs not being relevant.

If everything is an infinite loop and nothing changes then that would mean that bran is immortal and can't be killed then right........Because if he's killed then nothing can be caused by him right....:mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it does prove it, hodor was hodor before bran was born so that means bran going back and turning him into hodor was pre ordained

He didn't change time the outcome, that was the outcome

That's not what it means at all. :dahell:

Hodor was Hodor before Bran was born because Bran went back in time in this ep and altered things.

For example, if I'm born in 1976, and go back in time to '63 and save Kennedy....he would still be alive before I was born. And anything after 1963 would be rewritten.

Unless it's a fixed timeline, which means JFK would die no matter what I did.

But like I said in my post above if he was always meant to be Hodor and "the ink is dry" then he'd be Hodor with or without Bran. The problem with that logic is the only reason for him to be Hodor is to save Bran.

Fred.

Silkk

Daps
Breh no offense but you don't seem to understand how a fixed time line works.

A fixed time line is when things unfold exactly the same with or without outside interference. You keep mentioning Bran fukking up Hodor, how that was "supposed to happen", or fate, or whatever....which makes no sense because Bran is the outside interference.

So the way things are, Bran wargs into Wylis, making him Hodor. He repeats "hodor" until the time comes when he has to hold the door, because that's his destiny, right?

But a fixed time line would be Bran falling from the tower in season 1, breaking his neck and dying....and Wylis becoming Hodor anyway. Because the interference in this example is Bran. And the change is Wylis becoming Hodor. So the change would have to be constant with or without Bran....which is a paradox because if Bran didn't need to be saved in this episode, there's no reason to warg in the first place.

So we're dealing with a paradox and/or a multi-verse in this show. Which is fine, but kinda odd since this is uncharted territory for "GOT".

Fred.
Exactly what i said in the other thread :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly what i said in the other thread :wow:

For the record I loved the ep, this is just fun to discuss to me. But I'm :mjlol:at people just breezing over the introduction of time travel and possible alternate realities in "GOT", when it's one of the biggest plot developments in the entire series.

Fred.

Silkk

Daps
For the record I loved the ep, this is just fun to discuss to me. But I'm :mjlol:at people just breezing over the introduction of time travel and possible alternate realities in "GOT", when it's one of the biggest plot developments in the entire series.

Fred.
Dudes said i was crazy when i discussed possible alternate timelines.

These dudes are STUCK on that fixed timeline shyt.

• Dap

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
That's not what it means at all. :dahell:

Hodor was Hodor before Bran was born because Bran went back in time in this ep and altered things.

For example, if I'm born in 1976, and go back in time to '63 and save Kennedy....he would still be alive before I was born. And anything after 1963 would be rewritten.

Unless it's a fixed timeline, which means JFK would die no matter what I did.

But like I said in my post above if he was always meant to be Hodor and "the ink is dry" then he'd be Hodor with or without Bran. The problem with that logic is the only reason for him to be Hodor is to save Bran.

Fred.

But who said it's possible for you to go back in time and save Kennedy?

You can't

If you had gone back to save Kennedy then Kennedy would have been alive when you were born

I think you are confused about what is fixed, Kennedy dying is fixed, Oswald is fixed, you going back in time would just be a story about how you failed to stop Oswald

Or put another way, Oswald could have been the time traveler, like bran was the time traveler

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it does prove it, hodor was hodor before bran was born so that means bran going back and turning him into hodor was pre ordained

anything that CAN happen in the past, already happened in the past. Including all interference because it is already recorded history. Anything Bran does to change it will in fact create a new reality in which he will never see the results.

Similar to dragon ball where killing the androids in the past does nothing to save the future.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But who said it's possible for you to go back in time and save Kennedy?

You can't

If you had gone back to save Kennedy then Kennedy would have been alive when you were born

I think you are confused about what is fixed, Kennedy dying is fixed, Oswald is fixed, you going back in time would just be a story about how you failed to stop Oswald

Or put another way, Oswald was the time traveler, like bran was the time traveler

But I didn't go back in time to save Kennedy, so that's a moot point.

What exactly are you guys arguing is fixed? Because the only thing that changed was Wylis becoming Hodor. Because of Bran. You can't say "well, it was always meant to happen", because it happened specifically because of Bran. And if that's the argument, that he would've became Hodor anyway....it's contradictory because he only became Hodor to save Bran.

Fred.

Daps

Dude, Bran not changing the outcome one time does not prove he CAN'T change outcomes at all. It doesn't even suggest that.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So was Bloodraven lying (to keep bran from doing some crazy stuff) when after they watched the tower of joy when he said, "the past is already written":ohhh: .

But he also says you shouldn't stay too far into the past or you'll disappear. :ohhh::patrice:

I'm not gonna even front like I have a clue brehs :patrice::yeshrug: