Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
He said "I don't understand the success of the show", "I wasn't interested in the role" and "I only did it for the money".

Breh, that's some dirt ball shyt to say.

"Game Of Thrones" is critically acclaimed and one of the biggest prestige dramas currently airing. I'm not saying he should cheer lead for the show or anything but judging his quotes you'd think he was on "Big Bang Theory" or some shyt. I don't personally read too much into what actors say. But there's fans out there that might let something like this retroactively ruin the character for them. People get caught up in shows like these.

Fred.
I get what your saying, but for this particular character, the detachment really enhanced the portrayal. He fukking nailed it with the nuances (teeth grinding specifically). It's almost like he was born to play the character, because that is some sh!t Stannis embodies, completely unaware of why everybody is all worked up about sh!t, he just came to do his job, and wants nothing else from it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He said "I don't understand the success of the show", "I wasn't interested in the role" and "I only did it for the money".

"Game Of Thrones" is critically acclaimed and one of the biggest prestige dramas currently airing. I'm not saying he should cheer lead for the show or anything but judging his quotes you'd think he was on "Big Bang Theory" or some shyt. I don't personally read too much into what actors say. But there's fans out there that might let something like this retroactively ruin the character for them. People get caught up in shows like these.

Fred.
There's nothing dirt ball about it, It's how he feels :what:

So you'd rather he lie? If fans let his honest opinion of a character and show he played on for 5 years retroactively ruin the show for them then maybe they need to grow some nuts or go watch something else. Dude clearly doesn't give a fukk about the acclaim or prestige.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
It's funny you mentioned BBT because that quote reminds me of,the character Bob Newhart played when he guest starred as a beloved TV character. He didn't understand why Sheldon & Leonard wanted him there, he wasn't interested in playing the role of his fictional TV character, and he told Shelodn he was just there for the money

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
There's nothing dirt ball about it, It's how he feels :what:

So you'd rather he lie? If fans let his honest opinion of a character and show he played on for 5 years retroactively ruin the show for them then maybe they need to grow some nuts or go watch something else. Dude clearly doesn't give a fukk about the acclaim or prestige.
It comes across more as ungrateful rather than dirt baggish to me. His 4 seasons on GoT made him more kmown world-wide than anything he done previously.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Fred.
These old English actors can't bring themselves to admit nerdy fantasy stuff is worthwhile :mjlol:

Reminds me of this

Guinness's role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars trilogy, beginning in 1977, brought him worldwide recognition by a new generation, as well as Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations. In letters to his friends, Guinness described the film as "fairy tale rubbish", but the film's sense of moral good – and the studio's doubling of his initial salary offer – appealed to him, and he agreed to take the part of Kenobi on the condition that he would not have to do any publicity to promote the film.[19] :mjlol: He negotiated a deal for 2.25% of the gross royalties paid to the director, George Lucas, who received one-fifth of the box office takings. This made him very wealthy in his later life. Upon his first viewing of the film, Guinness wrote in his diary, "It's a pretty staggering film as spectacle and technically brilliant. Exciting, very noisy and warm-hearted. The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel, and some of the dialogue is excruciating and much of it is lost in noise, but it remains a vivid experience."[20]

However, Guinness soon became unhappy with being identified with the part, and expressed dismay at the fan following that the Star Wars Trilogy attracted. In the DVD commentary of the original Star Wars, Lucas says that Guinness was not happy with the script rewrite in which Obi-Wan is killed. However, Guinness said in a 1999 interview that it was actually his idea to kill off Obi-Wan, persuading Lucas that it would make him a stronger character, and that Lucas agreed to the idea. Guinness stated in the interview, "What I didn't tell Lucas was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo." :dead: He went on to say that he "shrivelled up" every time Star Wars was mentioned to him.[21]

In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance (1997), Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over 100 times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film, because, as Guinness told him, "this is going to be an ill effect on your life." The fan was stunned at first, but later thanked him (though some sources say it went differently). Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."[23] Guinness grew so tired of modern audiences apparently knowing him only for his role of Obi-Wan Kenobi that he would throw away the mail he received from Star Warsfans without reading it.[24]

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Why does this knight in the trailer have a Targaryen sigil :lupe:

screen-shot-2016-03-08-at-44911-pmpng.png

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I get what your saying, but for this particular character, the detachment really enhanced the portrayal. He fukking nailed it with the nuances (teeth grinding specifically). It's almost like he was born to play the character, because that is some sh!t Stannis embodies, completely unaware of why everybody is all worked up about sh!t, he just came to do his job, and wants nothing else from it.

I was watching Season 2 last night and thought the same thing. Dude didn't even have to fake any emotion. Just look disinterested and uncaring which he already was. I'm starting to think he actually didn't act at all other than remembering the other characters names

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why does this knight in the trailer have a Targaryen sigil :lupe:

screen-shot-2016-03-08-at-44911-pmpng.png

Flashback.

Damn shame the show's depiction of Kingsguard armor is so generic. It looks like everyone else's armor basically. I prefer the way looks in the books

(this drawing is not a spoiler from the show, it occurs decades before the show's events):

Lord Commander Duncan The Tall facing Ser Lyonel Baratheon, The Laughing Storm, during a trial by combat
kBMlxKj.jpg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
- In the show she had a baby by Robert and told the story about how it was stillborn. No baby in the books and she actively tried not to get pregnant (she a freak though: '"Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm, Your Grace. Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all pale sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs.')
- In the show she claimed to have wanted Robert initially and he's the one that said they never had a shot. Book Cersei hated him from the jump
- Book Cersei is the one that ordered the king's b*stards killed, not Joffrey. In the show she actually seems upset that he did it
They had to make her a more rounded character so people would care about her. In the books there's nothing at all redeeming about her

Iirc, She didn't hate Robert from the jump she was :obama: about the the crowd approval of the betrothal and even was interested in making things work with Robert until he called her "Lyanne" during their consummation. :lolbron:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Iirc, She didn't hate Robert from the jump she was :obama: about the the crowd approval of the betrothal and even was interested in making things work with Robert until he called her "Lyanne" during their consummation. :lolbron:

Still wack on her part. Wasn't like they'd been dating for years. They hardly knew each other and she decided it was a wrap because he wasn't over the woman he loved who'd (according to what they thought) been kidnapped, raped and killed like a year earlier. Plus she was having sex with her own brother. So its not like Robert messed things up, as soon as her pride took the slightest hit she was done

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
He just didn't understand the show :yeshrug:

Like he said, the whole experience slipped through his fingers. He didn't actively shyt on the show or showrunners, he was just being honest about how he felt about the show and his character. Can't fault him for not fully wrapping his head around his character.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
These old English actors can't bring themselves to admit nerdy fantasy stuff is worthwhile :mjlol:

Reminds me of this

I mean I get it.....as an actor you want to believe you're a great actor and that's why you're respected. You don't want to be tied to one role for the rest of your life. That's like telling a rapper he was only good on one album, eventhough he's released ten. He's gonna resent that. The guy that plays Stannis has been acting since 1988, has played Stannis on GOT from 2012-2015. So yea, in his mind, he's like fukk outta here, I was acting for 24 years before I played Stannis.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I was watching Season 2 last night and thought the same thing. Dude didn't even have to fake any emotion. Just look disinterested and uncaring which he already was. I'm starting to think he actually didn't act at all other than remembering the other characters names
:russ: