hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hexagram23

Top 5

Season ain't even done yet.

Episode was bananas but I'm kinda :jbhmm: about the time paradox shyt with Bran. Don't really have a problem with it per se but it's just an odd direction for the show to go in. Basically some sci-fi shyt in a fantasy show. But as long as they don't get stupid with it :manny:

Episode was better than the entirety of last season, with the exception of maybe "Hardhome".

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Theon and Yara wouldn't follow Dany out of the kindness of their hearts or because they think she is awesome. They both want Yara in control of the Iron Islands and they both don't want to die. That only happens if they can unite with someone who can kill Euron. Dany is that someone. So pledge their allegiance to her in return for her removing Euron and putting Yara in charge of the Iron Islands.

Yara just stated she wanted more than control of the Iron Islands, her desire to control more in Westeros is in direct opposition to Dany....

And our disagreement comes from you seeming to think that Theon is a bridge between Dany and Jon when he really isn't. Especially not when Tyrion ticks off far more boxes than Theon in terms of being able to vouch for both sides in a Dany/Jon team-up scenario.

I don't necessarily think that, but I do think Theon going over there is to serve as a bigger move than simply giving her ships and it's not for control of the iron islands. Theon knows far more than Tyrion does about the shyt that has gone down in the north the past two years, and would have more understanding of who is running the north and why so yea, I think he can be more helpful here. That said, I'm not tied to the notion that Theon is what unites Dany and Jon

And why would a strong army in the north make Dany feel threatened? And what could Theon tell her that would send her to The North?

A strong army in the North means more opposition for control of Westeros (if focusing on that aspect of GOT). I never said Theon would send her north, simply be a vehicle that allows Jon and Dany's cliques to not end up warring with each other

Theon doesn't know anything about the White Walkers and that is the only "bigger war" that would be cause for Dany forgoing her plan of taking King's Landing and directing her forces toward the North.

Theon wouldn't be telling her about the whites, Jon would, but for that to happen, they need to be able to meet. for that to happen there needs to be a reason for them to not war with each other or mistrust each other, Theon could possibly be part of making sure that that happens. Once they meet, the walker part is on Jon.

@Van Taak you negged me, i'll remember that when sansa is back to her fukkboy ways :sas1:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
i can't stand the dirty Greyjoy clan and any time i've seen them together whether it's Theon, his old stale father or his sister who looks like she smells of the strongest project building piss.. its all been boring/terrible but this new guy though...could finally make them interesting.
Euron greyjoy was the most interesting character in the books to me

BOOKS

he sailed the entire world and went to the ruins of valyria

came back with a dragon's egg

he has a horn that can control dragons but whoever sounds it ends up dying

he had his entire crew's tongue cut out and his boat's name is silence.

he drinks the potion of warlocks

.​
he wears an eyepatch over his eye, people say that his eye has magic (sharingan :jbhmm:)

he is insanely rich, he gives everyone at the kingsmoot gold to get elected.

In the books he takes over Oldtown (where the maesters live), and is planning to take over Tyrell's capital

The Tyrells have to beg Cersei for some ships because they dont have enough too fight off the Greyjoys (Cersei says no :lolbron:)

He assembled the largest fleet in Greyjoy history to get Dany's dragons and take over the 7 kingdoms.

Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray.

SHOW

fakkit that makes dikk jokes

no crew

no eyepatch

broke as shyt

stinks like shyt

almost fukkin drowned :mjlol:

no dragon horn

let his crew tie him up cause he lost his mind :dame:

I AM THE DROWNED GOD:skip:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
iron man really went out like that:francis:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Thats not the Night's King from the show

Book Night's King = Legend. May or may not be true
Show Night's King = Leader of the White Walkers. The first White Walker
I don't think the show would call him Night's King without consulting GRRM

I think Old Nan's legend is the story of the creation of the Others that got altered and skewed as it was passed down by word of mouth.

I think the Night's King being a Stark is significant though. It explains his ability to Warg and makes sense because Starks were descendants of the First Men, the ones that war with the COTF originally.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
:sas2:

Nights King/ColdHands = #starkset? :wow:

This what i somewhat believe. The starks have walker blood in them. Theyre desendents of the first men. And they just showed the walkers were the first men. Many believe bran the builder was the other side of a marrage proposal pact that created peace.

In a previous post i stated how each houses motto signifies power and represents the house as strong. At first thought one would think the starks motto "winter is coming" alludes to being worried of when the walkers will come. But if it follows how each motto represents the house in good light, then this could mean WE of house stark(winter) is coming. There is definately a connection between the two.

I don't think so, because remember they tried to kill John.

Also, there were Starks up north who spoke like they were in fear of the white walkers, highly doubt they're interested in teaming up with Bran...at least not in a friendly way. They may try and force him to do something for them, considering how aggressively they came at him.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Bunch of random thoughts I've got:

• We need to be clear that Bran is not time traveling in the normal sense of the word, nor is he changing the past. The past is already written. If he influences the past from his greendreams, he has always influenced the past. Nothing will ever be changed.
  • The Night's King had the dragonglass inserted into his heart. What if he is the only White Walker that was created this way? What if he himself created all the other White Walker generals? We saw him do it with Crasters Baby. Could he possibly be immune to dragonglass and Valyrian steel?:jbhmm: HOW SWAY? :damn:
  • The seasons of the world they live in are fukked up.....the length of seasons being completely unpredictable. Did the COTF cause the seasons to change when they used their magic to create the Others?
  • The direwolf found at the start of the series.....was it fleeing the Others?
  • Is Jorah gonna go try and find Quaithe? :lupe:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Bunch of random thoughts I've got:

• We need to be clear that Bran is not time traveling in the normal sense of the word, nor is he changing the past. The past is already written. If he influences the past from his greendreams, he has always influenced the past. Nothing will ever be changed.
  • The Night's King had the dragonglass inserted into his heart. What if he is the only White Walker that was created this way? What if he himself created all the other White Walker generals? We saw him do it with Crasters Baby. Could he possibly be immune to dragonglass and Valyrian steel?:jbhmm: HOW SWAY? :damn:
  • The seasons of the world they live in are fukked up.....the length of seasons being completely unpredictable. Did the COTF cause the seasons to change when they used their magic to create the Others?
  • The direwolf found at the start of the series.....was it fleeing the Others?
  • Is Jorah gonna go try and find Quaithe? :lupe:

Quaithe is creepy af

I think because the White Walker was created with Obsidian, that's its only weakness.

We now know the Others don't fear fire (only wights do) But that is normal fire. Dragon's fire is much much hotter :lupe:

George R. R. Martin has stated that the explanation for the world's unusual climate is magical in nature and will be revealed at the end of the series.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
i sit here at work 20 hrs later and i'm still in shock about the intensity of last night's episode. gottdamn man. :wow:
You aint the only one. This shyt fukked me up all day. I got nothing done, just let everything pile up and I'm gonna have to do it all tomorrow

All that was running through my head all day was "hold the door, hold the door, hol d door, ho d door, hodor"

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:whoo:

OAYX1A3.gif
kZkvv9O.gif

:noah::whew::banderas: