Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Can someone give me a quick cliff on this whole backstory of jons mother and all those things

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Real talk the Ollie death was kind of harsh and the reaction to it was wrong

Yeah the fandom hated Ollie, but thats not the characters fault. The character saw his parents killed and eaten by the very people he had to take into Castle Black. The character never saw a White Walker or a Wight.

The hatred stemmed from book nerds mad that a non-book character was given so much importance and screen time. If thats your reason then fine, but thats not an excuse to cheer his execution

Ollie was just a kid. His death by hanging from a short roped noose was brutal and torturous. He wasnt even given a clean death like beheading or long-roped noose

We are ignoring the darkness that Jon exhibited in that scene. He truly is Jon Stranger now.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Can someone give me a quick cliff on this whole backstory of jons mother and all those things
rhaegar discovered a prophecy of a prince who was promised "and his will be the song of ice and fire"

rhaegar starts training and wins a tournament, after winning he gives the rose to Lyanna Stark instead of his wife Ellia Martell

robert's rebellion kicks off

Rhaegar supposedly kidnaps Lyanna and is keeping her in the tower of joy

Robert is furious cause he was supposed to marry her, he starts wrecking shyt and is coming to usurp the throne

Rhaegar leaves Lyanna with his most trusted Kingsguard to go help fight off the Rebellion

Robert kills Rhaegar with 1 hit with his hammer

Ned goes to rescue his sister while Robert finishes off the Targs

Ned beats the Kingsguard

Sees Lyanna in a pool of blood and she says "Promise Me.." then dies

After the war ends Ned comes back to winterfell with a baby Jon Snow who he tells catelyn is his b*stard cause he fukked some girl during the war

So the theory is that Ned is too honorable to cheat on Catelyn, and what happned was Rhaegar and Lyanna willinngly were in love and Rhaegar didnnt kidnap Lyanna but kept her in the Tower cuz she was pregnant with Jon Snow

Ned finds her in labor, she makes him promise to protect Jon and raise him because Robert will kill all Targaryen descendants

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps

Yeah the fandom hated Ollie, but thats not the characters fault. The character saw his parents killed and eaten by the very people he had to take into Castle Black. The character never saw a White Walker or a Wight.

The hatred stemmed from book nerds mad that a non-book character was given so much importance and screen time. If thats your reason then fine, but thats not an excuse to cheer his execution

Ollie was just a kid. His death by hanging from a short roped noose was brutal and torturous. He wasnt even given a clean death like beheading or long-roped noose

We are ignoring the darkness that Jon exhibited in that scene. He truly is Jon Stranger now.
I respect the shyt outta Ollie because he was a kid who witnessed his parents get eaten by Wildlings and instead of crying about it he joined the nights watch to fight and get revenge.

I cant believe how many people hate the kid

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh that seems far fetched, rheagar was killed before aerys so that gives aerys time to have made another baby.

It's not too far fetched. Maybe twins is far-fetched but they could easily be brother and sister. Rhaegar and Lyanna obviously felt the need to cover up their relationship. It's not crazy to think they hid another kid.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can Jon just quit the Knight's Watch like that? I thought the KW was some "Fo Life" shyt? Maybe he can just bounce cuz he is/was the Lord Commander? :ohhh:

Ned didn't tell Cat because she's a woman and women can't hold water. You think she wouldn't have been sending raven's with the truth to her sister and other friends to save face? Maybe maybe not, but since Ned made a promise to his sister he wasn't going to take that chance. Plus like someone said, look how she undermined Robb.

Where do yall have Syrio Pharell on your great fighters list? :skip:

Why is it taking the WW's so long to get to the Wall? I mean they are headed that way right? Jon done been deep beyond the Wall and back multiple times. That white walker GPS must be fukked up. :troll:

An episode or so ago Tommen basically said to Cersei that he knows he's a punk ass bytch and needs her to tell him what to do. I think he's tryna play the High Sparrow. I hope he's tryna play the High Sparrow. :francis:

A man is confused. Who's name was the waif trying to get a girl to speak? :dwillhuh:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Nah....Ned did right.

Jon is basically the rightful ruler of Westeros. His claim even supersedes Dany's claim, assuming Rhaegar married Lyanna. The Baratheons took the Iron Throne and disinherited the Targaryens but, there are plenty of houses that would support the Targaryens coming back into power. That is a secret that could get entire families clapped up. Cersei had all of Robert's b*stards killed. You think they wouldn't have had Jon gunned up and clapped quick :mjlol:Do you remember all the dumb shyt Cat did with Robb? :mjlol: Would you really trust her with that secret? Plus, wives are supposed to hate b*stards. If Cat knew Jon was really her nephew-in-law, she would ease up on him, start liking him. Likely grow to love him. That would look weird to other people in Westerosi society. Certainly to the Lannisters when they came to Winterfell. And people will start wondering and asking questions, which is bad for Jon. Jon was also envious of Robb being the future lord of Winterfell and him being destined for nothing. Telling him that he was the true heir to the Iron Throne would have him feeling himself. And one day, it would slip out around the wrong people. It was better for Jon for everyone to think he was a b*stard and treat him like one.

You also can't be giving out lands like that to your other sons. It weakens the power of the House. If every time a father in that house had an extra son, and gave him a piece of land, eventually the inheritance to the first son would be nothing. That's why it's set up for the other sons to get nothing :manny: Maybe they can become a Maester, a Knight, a member of the Night's Watch or stay at the castle and be the right hand man to their brother. Also.........giving land to siblings could mean that hundreds of years later, that sibling's descendants may go to the war with the main family. That's what the Greystarks (descendants of a Stark Lord's brother) did to the Starks. That's why the Greystarks are extinguished, dead and gone. The Karstarks are former Starks too. They looking like they might betray the Starks as well. This is also essentially what the Baratheons did to the Targaryens. The Baratheons are descendants of the Targs....descendants of Aegon the Conqueror's b*stard brother. More recently, Robert Baratheon's grandmother was King Aegon V's daughter. So, when Robert rebelled against the Targs, he used his Targaryen heritage as a justification to be King. Giving lands away to your siblings/b*stard brothers is cool today but, you don't know what their children and their grandchildren and their descendants will do to yours.

Good stuff. Dapped and repped
My only beef with Ned and Jon even after that point was him letting Jon join the NW without telling him. That's a lifetime commitment and Jon was only 15 at the time.

Ollie sucked but again he sucked in part for the same reason the rest did. First off Jon saved Ollie and took him in when he could've just sent him off to Mole's town after the battle. Second besides Tormond the wildlings that murked his family were all killed in the battle. Third it is again shortsighted. Having wildings helping you fight the Wights and White Walkers is better than adding thousands of bodies to the Wight army. Not only that but the wildings are ALREADY on the other side of the wall and the NW is not only outnumbered but in an indefensible position at Castle Black. Killing John for allowing them through is essentially an act of war against them and once they found out we saw what happened and they should've seen it coming. Ollie's old enough to conspire so he should be old enough to figure that out

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I mostly agree with you save for ONE thing.

Every action has a reaction. Ollie wasn't necessarily WRONG in his feelings and even his actions weren't necessarily out of the realm of understanding. He made a CHOICE to betray Jon and STAB him in the heart. Once you make adult decisions (I.e. The murder of your Lord Commander) you have to face adult consequences. Jon did exactly what he was SUPPOSED to do and killed all of those who betrayed him. Once you COME BACK FROM THE DEAD you don't give the men who killed you second chances. Jon already had done his best to explain to Ollie his reasoning for allowing the Wildings inside the Wall, and Ollie made a DECISION to say "fukk all of that". So what Jon did wasn't "dark", it was common sense and the consequences for Ollie's decision.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think most people hated Olly because he was such a forced plot device. He rarely said anything, just stood there with that annoying bytch face. I think most would agree that his POV was understandable, but they could have done a better job making the character even somewhat likable if he was only going to be used as a plot device.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I respect the shyt outta Ollie because he was a kid who witnessed his parents get eaten by Wildlings and instead of crying about it he joined the nights watch to fight and get revenge.

I cant believe how many people hate the kid

1. His parents were eaten by Thenns...there were no Thenns at Castle Black.
2. I understand his anger, but as someone said, you make grown man choices, you deal with grown man consequences.
3. Jon saved him from that fate and he acted like that meant nothing. People in ASOIAF have taken sworn oaths for less.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Can Jon just quit the Knight's Watch like that? I thought the KW was some "Fo Life" shyt? Maybe he can just bounce cuz he is/was the Lord Commander? :ohhh:

Ned didn't tell Cat because she's a woman and women can't hold water. You think she wouldn't have been sending raven's with the truth to her sister and other friends to save face? Maybe maybe not, but since Ned made a promise to his sister he wasn't going to take that chance. Plus like someone said, look how she undermined Robb.

Where do yall have Syrio Pharell on your great fighters list? :skip:

Why is it taking the WW's so long to get to the Wall? I mean they are headed that way right? Jon done been deep beyond the Wall and back multiple times. That white walker GPS must be fukked up. :troll:

An episode or so ago Tommen basically said to Cersei that he knows he's a punk ass bytch and needs her to tell him what to do. I think he's tryna play the High Sparrow. I hope he's tryna play the High Sparrow. :francis:

A man is confused. Who's name was the waif trying to get a girl to speak? :dwillhuh:
I just assumed he bounced cause trchnically, he was killed/dead and was like fukk this

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Every action has a reaction. Ollie wasn't necessarily WRONG in his feelings and even his actions weren't necessarily out of the realm of understanding. He made a CHOICE to betray Jon and STAB him in the heart. Once you make adult decisions (I.e. The murder of your Lord Commander) you have to face adult consequences. Jon did exactly what he was SUPPOSED to do and killed all of those who betrayed him. Once you COME BACK FROM THE DEAD you don't give the men who killed you second chances. Jon already had done his best to explain to Ollie his reasoning for allowing the Wildings inside the Wall, and Ollie made a DECISION to say "fukk all of that". So what Jon did wasn't "dark", it was common sense and the consequences for Ollie's decision.
We dont disagree on that. I never said he shouldnt have been executed. I just said it was a unnecessarily harsh way to execute someone and we shouldnt be cheering the death.

Jon could have given them a clean death, but he chose a messy one

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps

but keep in mind he's a kid and easily manipulated. that fakkit thorne probably talked all this propaganda that got Ollie brainwashed. Ollie was confused last season asking Sam what to do, clearly Thorne and the others convinced him to follow along.