Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Could just be foreshadowing by D&B, but Littlefinger has hinted he knows the truth. Or at least has some suspicions on the veracity of the commonly accepted story.

Yeah it seems people probably suspect something. Littlefinger basically implied to the viewrs in the underground grave that raeghar probably didnt rape her and they were probably in love.

Aswell as stannis questioning whether jon is neds son.

Also why wouldnt baristan know something was up. If he knew raeghar was this upstanding charismatic dude, why would he believe he kidnapped and raped her.

Hinting that he knew/thought that Rhaegar didn't kidnap/rape her and knowing they had a child and that Ned Stark is raising him as his own b*stard son are completely different things. Matter of fact if Littlefinger knew or had proof that's exactly the sort of thing he'd have used to his advantage in some way.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Hinting that he knew/thought that Rhaegar didn't kidnap/rape her and knowing they had a child and that Ned Stark is raising him as his own b*stard son are completely different things. Matter of fact if Littlefinger knew or had proof that's exactly the sort of thing he'd have used to his advantage in some way.
Maybe its just cause we see everything but it seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out. Especially someone like varys that know everything. Idk tho. For sure dayne and the kingsguard knew tho right

Daps

He certainly has no proof, but who's to say he hasn't used his suspicions to his advantage? I don't think we fully know the extent to which LF stirred up the pot.

But I don't want to go down a rabbit hole, here where we're throwing out wild speculations. I'm just saying having Jon in an environment with a blood thirsty Robert and a conniving LF so close in King's Landing was probably not a good idea and not a risk Ned would want to take.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Maybe its just cause we see everything but it seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out. Especially someone like varys that know everything. Idk tho. For sure dayne and the kingsguard knew tho right

Everybody knew Rhaegar took Lyanna somewhere. Not everyone knew she went willingly. Not everyone knew they were potentially in love and it wasn't just a rape. No clue how many people knew she was potentially pregnant because to my knowledge she was at the Tower of Joy the entire time and we don't know of anyone else there besides the Kingsguard. So in this world where Lords have b*stards all the time, when whoring and raping is common during war, why would anyone assume that Lyanna had Rhaegars child AND Ned, instead of hiding him or sending him away like Varys supposedly did with Aegon, took him home and called him his own son? And again, what would be the proof of that with everyone who knew the truth (Rhaegar, Lyanna, Kingsguard, Ned) dead other than Howland Reed who's a crannogman so rarely seen anyway?

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

don't know if this fan film of the The Tower of Joy has been posted but I think this was better than what the actual show did. minus the stiff acting before the battle

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
He certainly has no proof, but who's to say he hasn't used his suspicions to his advantage? I don't think we fully know the extent to which LF stirred up the pot.

But I don't want to go down a rabbit hole, here where we're throwing out wild speculations. I'm just saying having Jon in an environment with a blood thirsty Robert and a conniving LF so close in King's Landing was probably not a good idea and not a risk Ned would want to take.
I'd give you that... if Ned was smart (in terms of dealing with those types). Ned didn't keep Jon from Robert when Robert came through. Ned also doesn't really know much about Littlefinger and his scheming. Also there's only 2 real ways in which knowledge of Jon would play out. Either Robert or others want him dead or Targ loyalists want him on the throne. There's nothing to show either one of those things happening despite the fact that Jon has been living out in the open for 15 years. And for all the scheming Littlefinger did to pit the Starks and Lannisters against each other that would've been a big chip to do that exact thing as Tywin wouldn't want any Targs out there either

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
You're missing my point. Not telling him who his parents are is one thing. Letting him take the black for life is a whole nother thing. Throughout the series there are plenty of b*stards that are doing things. Aurane Waters is the master of ships in KL for example. Ned could've taken him with him to KL, could've arranged for him to become a knight. He could've sent him somewhere else to be fostered. He could've had him be an apprentice to be Winterfells next master of arms or smith or any number of things. Jon only joined the watch because he felt there was literally nothing for him there, especially with Cat around who hated him. Matter of fact the only reason Cat hates him is because he decided to raise Jon as his own in the castle when he could've set something else up for him. He's the Warden of the North. He could've gotten any random townswoman and paid them to raise Jon.

When Jon gets to the watch he keeps saying that everyone knew what the place was but nobody told him. Ned could've simply told him the truth about what the watch was.

yall keep doing this, its like i told sinister, you guys have to empty yourself and let characters breath

its not fukked up that he waited until he joined the watch

ned's character doesnt give give 2 fuks about bringing back the targaryen line and his absolute nightmare would be for Jon to try in anyway to embrace his targaryen heritage, Jon joining the watch is a dream come true for him, it gaurantees that jon wont embrace his targaryen or get involved in the politics

now if you want to bring back targaryens to westoros and for Jon to embrace his alleged targaryen heritage, thats on you, dont confuse that with the character of Ned

Last edited:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Do yall think ned knew lyanna loved raeghar. Or did he think she was raped?

Well his brother thought she was kidnapped which is why he went to KL to confront Rhaegar. My guess is he didn't find out until he found her in the tower. Otherwise why go fight the Kingsguard if he knows she was there willingly?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
No I'm saying that as his father (because he assumed that role), Ned never had the foresight to give Jon anything to aspire to. He didn't give him a trade or even a future role to look forward to. Not only that but he never protected him from his hateful wife. Any man in that situation should check his wife. Then after all that when Jon started talking about joining the watch he should've talked him out of it or found him something else. As his father. The Watch was full of guys sent there as criminals, sent there because their family finds them useless or guys that lost battles. Jon was one of the few there voluntarily. You think he's the only b*stard of a Lord in Westeros? Why is that everyone else felt they had better options than the wall except for Jon? If it's such a logical destination for a b*stard the wall should be full of them, but they called Jon a b*stard like he was the only one there.
So Ned should've let him grow up in Flea Bottom like Robert's b*stards?

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
yall keep doing this, its like i told sinister, you guys have to empty yourself and let characters breath

its not fukked up that he waited until he joined the watch

ned's character doesnt give give 2 fuks about bringing back the targaryen line and his absolute nightmare would be for Jon to try in anyway to embrace his targaryen heritage

now if you want to bring back targaryens to westoros and for Jon to embrace his alleged targaryen heritage, thats on you, dont confuse that with the character of Ned

Point with Ned ain't about the Targ dynasty, its about a man letting his son make a terrible choice and not even giving him any game/info about what he's about to do. Ned knows the watch is a garbage life and mostly full of criminals and Jon says a few times that everyone knew what the watch was but only Tyrion told him the truth. And like I said, there are things Jon could've done with his life besides the Wall but Ned let him go off to rot