Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Ned's an a$$hole. Honorable to be with a bunch of thieves, murderers, and rapists huh??:rudy:

Sounds like what parents say when they're glad you got the fukk out the house.:steviej:
Its still honorable because you're protecting the North from Wildlings and historically the night's watch were the bravest men because they warned of White Walkers (although Ned doesnt believe in them)

also Nights watch isnt made up entirely of rapists, The people on the wrong side of Robert's rebellion (Targ supporters) all were sent to the watch (thats what Alliser Thorne was, a fighter for Targaryens and why he hates Jon, because hes Ned's son).

Criminals have the option to take the black now because recruitment was at an all-time low.

Ned's own Brother joined the watch and he was a Stark and basically royallty to the North, that shows its not a bad thing

Daps
Give the kid some lands, and let him know, slowly, what's up. There was still the huge problem of failing to kill Dany, that would've brought this game to a far higher level though.
I think you're understating just how explosive of a secret that really is.

How do you think Robert would react if he found out? I wouldn't trust an adult with that secret (and apparently, neither would Ned who never told his wife) so I def wouldn't trust a kid.

The Wall was probably the safest/best place for him in the eyes of Ned

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Its still honorable because you're protecting the North from Wildlings and historically the night's watch were the bravest men because they warned of White Walkers (although Ned doesnt believe in them)

also Nights watch isnt made up entirely of rapists, The people on the wrong side of Robert's rebellion (Targ supporters) all were sent to the watch (thats what Alliser Thorne was, a fighter for Targaryens and why he hates Jon, because hes Ned's son).

Criminals have the option to take the black now because recruitment was at an all-time low.

Ned's own Brother joined the watch and he was a Stark and basically royallty to the North, that shows its not a bad thing
I'm not saying it's all bad at all, but it ain't no army :lolbron:. It's not knighthood. It's not glamorous, and your only come up is getting on their small a$$hole council or a ranger, where you kill most of the people like you, like an a$$hole. Ygritte hipped him to this, and he won that killa p*ssy from it. In the meantime, you have to live with grunts, who are what I listed earlier, who likely HATE you for being from a noble house. They did.

Jon deserved better, and likely would've sought it has he known his true birthright. Ned let him go there to stay out of the way, and know the kid is bound to that 4Life, so his bullshyt scumbag secret wouldn't change anything. "If he leaves the wall, I have to kill this b*stard :smugbiden:....:mjcry:"

MrSinnister

Daps
I think you're understating just how explosive of a secret that really is.

How do you think Robert would react if he found out? I wouldn't trust an adult with that secret (and apparently, neither would Ned who never told his wife) so I def wouldn't trust a kid.

The Wall was probably the safest/best place for him in the eyes of Ned
And we're trusting Ned's eyes now??

waitwhat.gif

To elaborate, let's say nothing went down until Dany came to Westeros. What do you think, now having found out his true heritage, Jon would've felt about it? What if he explored the truth more, and found Lyanna fell in love from her own will, and Robert was a jealous shytbag. Again, now he's stuck at the wall. His aunt is wrecking shyt, with dragons, to get her lands back.

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I'm not saying it's all bad at all, but it ain't no army :lolbron:. It's not knighthood. It's not glamorous, and your only come up is getting on their small a$$hole council or a ranger, where you kill most of the people like you, like an a$$hole. Ygritte hipped him to this, and he won that killa p*ssy from it. In the meantime, you have to live with grunts, who are what I listed earlier, who likely HATE you for being from a noble house. They did.

Jon deserved better, and likely would've sought it has he known his true birthright. Ned let him go there to stay out of the way, and know the kid is bound to that 4Life, so his bullshyt scumbag secret wouldn't change anything. "If he leaves the wall, I have to kill this b*stard :smugbiden:....:mjcry:"

you have to stop doing this if you want your rankings taken seriously

you are confusing your fan wants with an actual character analysis

everything about Jon going to the well made perfect sense and was perfectly appropriate in terms of Jon's character and Ned's character and background

empty yourself breh and let the characters be themselves

MrSinnister

Daps
you have to stop doing this if you want your rankings taken seriously

you are confusing your fan wants with an actual character analysis

everything about Jon going to the well made perfect sense and was perfectly appropriate in terms of Jon's character and Ned's character and background

empty yourself breh and let the characters be themselves
I'm just speculating on issues I find with the characters. I haven't attacked the story. I'm joking about the characters intent. It's weird how some is taken seriously, and some as the fun it is. The story is unfolding.

It's also some bytch shyt to bring up the rankings EVERY fukkING TIME a person disagrees with me about any little thing with how we view the show. Whatever rankings, and no one ever directly refutes them, but pull little bytch shyt when I'm doing trite character analysis to see what happens next. Starks want to be at the top, and you don't even have a fukking army or loyalty. It's unrealistic as fukk, but we fukks with you, because it's entertaining.

I don't take the playful stupidity and try to hamper everyone's comments with it. People should neg everything #Starkset says, but we know you're being playful. :mindblown:

I don't get why some of you just can't debate or ignore, but try to always strike at credibility.

Alright. I won't do another list. I can't do the fakkit passive aggressive "joking" attack shyt, when I'm all the way doing other shyt, and haven't mentioned the list once.

MrSinnister

Daps
And I'm doing very brief character analysis on Ned Stark, made relevant from the previous episode. :francis: I'll issue permission slips next time on what I can get to talk about when I have "lists".

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm just speculating on issues I find with the characters. I haven't attacked the story. I'm joking about the characters intent. It's weird how some is taken seriously, and some as the fun it is. The story is unfolding.

It's also some bytch shyt to bring up the rankings EVERY fukkING TIME a person disagrees with me about any little thing with how we view the show. Whatever rankings, and no one ever directly refutes them, but pull little bytch shyt when I'm doing trite character analysis to see what happens next. Starks want to be at the top, and you don't even have a fukking army or loyalty. It's unrealistic as fukk, but we fukks with you, because it's entertaining.

I don't take the playful stupidity and try to hamper everyone's comments with it. People should neg everything #Starkset says, but we know you're being playful. :mindblown:

I don't get why some of you just can't debate or ignore, but try to always strike at credibility.

Alright. I won't do another list. I can't do the fakkit passive aggressive "joking" attack shyt, when I'm all the way doing other shyt, and haven't mentioned the list once.
Bro, you're taking this thread way too seriously. Maybe you should take a break :ld:

MrSinnister

Daps
Bro, you're taking this thread way too seriously. Maybe you should take a break :ld:
So now I'm taking it seriously :russ:. I'm discussing Y, and people need to bring up C, just because they disagree with y. :comeon: . It's cool. I'm just in the wrong venue. I need a place that always keeps it light and fun, if that's the tone. This place takes themselves way too seriously for a fantasy show :lolbron:.

But I'll take the hit. This was supposed to be my break. It's not fun. Enjoy the season. I'm getting my Reddit account started up, where a little more flexibility and fun can be had, than passive agressive "need to agree with you 100%" shyt isn't seen so much and more diversity of opinion is awarded.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And we're trusting Ned's eyes now??

waitwhat.gif

To elaborate, let's say nothing went down until Dany came to Westeros. What do you think, now having found out his true heritage, Jon would've felt about it? What if he explored the truth more, and found Lyanna fell in love from her own will, and Robert was a jealous shytbag. Again, now he's stuck at the wall. His aunt is wrecking shyt, with dragons, to get her lands back.
you know what's crazy.... you forget how old these people are supposed to be.. i think rob was like 20... jon was 17... but the aunt thing made me realize, deanarys is actually older than jon by a few years :mindblown:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Yeah it looks like a new leaf is bring turned all over Westeros. The Kingdom had been relatively stable for years, with most people following tradition, but that was because the Targaryens had that juice. But now that the Targ dynasty is over, we're seeing houses give the middle finger to tradition. If you look at it from the young Northern Lords or heirs POV, look at what they have seen happen in just a few years.

Robb said fukk you to Walder Frey, used his bridge and troops and then said fukk your ugly ass daughters.
The Freys said fukk you to guest rights, and violated a salt and bread tradition that goes back thousands of years.
Roose said fukk you to leaders of the north for thousands of years and killed Robb, and got rewarded as Warden of the North for it.
Tyrion said fukk you to his family and murdered the king and hand of the king.
Renley said fukk you to rules of inheritance and raised an army to fight his brother because he fukking felt like it.
Jon Snow said fukk you to Westeros and brought over cannibal Wildlings.

I can see the young bucks set to inherit like the young Karstark and Smalljon being like man fukk this honor and tradition shyt. Westeros is in chaos right now, nobody is following the rules, so we aren't either. We're about to take slices of pie for ourselves.:birdman:. I can see Smalljon thinking his dad is an idiot for being a Stark dikkrider and not getting anything out of it.

And though it's still shytty, it fits in with what Elaria and the Sand Snakes did too.

Westeros is destroying itself before the WW's even come. I think that is supposed to be the entire point of the series.
targs had it for 300 years... america hasn't even been around for 300 years yet.. imagine if some nikka from kansas came through, murdered obama, defeated the army, and crowned himself the new president

then instead of being as good or better than obeezy.. he just lay around fukking hoes, borrowing money, and generally not doing a fukking thing

hell yea we'd start throwing traditions in the bushes... fukk americas traditions at that point.. fukk a 4th of july... fukk joining the army... fukk paying my taxes... fukk the law

what we look like following our fathers footsteps when they broke the law them damn selves to take over

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you know what's crazy.... you forget how old these people are supposed to be.. i think rob was like 20... jon was 17... but the aunt thing made me realize, deanarys is actually older than jon by a few years :mindblown:
Wouldn't they be about the same age? She was a baby when it all went down and clearly he was born around then. Ain't she actually 14 or some shyt in the books?

Edit: I'm confused now, some sites are saying jon is older than her

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

:deadrose:

:ohhh:
I never realized that

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
How many years are supposed to have lapsed in the show?
298 AL: The events of Game of Thrones begin with Season 1, seventeen years after the end of Robert's Rebellion

302 AL: The events of Game of Thrones Season 5:

Source: Timeline

and:

But fantasy fans are nothing if not extremely detail-oriented, and many of them have attempted to work out a universal timeline of the saga, regardless. Their work has rested on two main assumptions:

1. Days, weeks, months, and years are as long in Westeros as they are for us, which is handy for keeping this discussion from going completely off the rails.

2. A human gestation period still takes around nine months.

From there, we know that Daenerys got pregnant near the start of the book A Game of Thrones and was nearing the end of her term at its climax, so that novel must take place over the course of a little less than a year. And since Roslin Frey was impregnated at the Red Wedding in A Storm of Swords and had not yet given birth by Jaime Lannister's chapter in A Dance With Dragons, the last three books proceed at a slightly faster pace, even considering the timeline overlap of Dance and A Feast for Crows.

Because he's not a total sadist, Martin is also kind enough to include characters' ages from time to time. Sansa starts the series at 11 years old, is almost 13 when she marries Tyrion in Storm, and ages herself up to 14 while posing as Littlefinger's daughter in Feast. Joffrey's 12th nameday takes place shortly before the beginning of Thrones, his 13th is at the beginning of Clash, and he's still 13 when he dies in Storm. Arya is 9 at the beginning of Thrones, 10 at Harrenhall in Clash, and is "almost eleven" when she arrives in Braavos in Feast.

Add that all together, and you get various guesses at the total time elapsed since the saga began, with many of the discrepancies coming from everyone's best guesses of how long sieges, marches, and ship journeys take. (There's a lot of timeline fuzziness around travel in particular, so Martin can have coincidences like Tyrion and Catelyn running into each other at the inn in the first book.) For years, this massive forum post, published in 2008 before the publication of Dance, was the timeline to beat; it figures three-and-a-half years from Daenerys meeting Drogo in Game (season one) to Arya going blind at the end of Feast (season five), an event which seems to happen way later in the timeline than everything else. Its successor is this gigantic crowdsourced Google spreadsheet, with hundreds of citations, that comes up with a three-year span, with Thrones starting in mid-297 A.C. and Jon's assassination in Dance coming eight months into 300 A.C. But again, there isn't one definitive answer; this Quora user estimates a little more than two years for the whole thing. Generally, two or three years seems to be a good ballpark estimate.

Of course, as both George. R.R. Martin and the show's producers will tell you, at this point the book is the book and the show is the show. Though they've diverged most sharply in recent years, the two versions have had different timelines since day one; the show increased the number of years since Robert's Rebellion from 14 to 17, aging up many of its characters in the process. For what I assume is the sake of simplicity as much as anything else, the show's Wiki assumes that each season takes place in a different year; since season one was 298 A.C., the upcoming season will take place in 303 A.C. Storywise, that might not make a ton of sense — Jon's story line in seasons two through four really didn't seem like it was taking place over the course of three whole years — but it solves the aging problem for the child actors at least. Anything else would be a wild guess. Hopefully, when winter finally comes, it will arrive with a very detailed calendar.