Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So now I'm taking it seriously :russ:. I'm discussing Y, and people need to bring up C, just because they disagree with y. :comeon: . It's cool. I'm just in the wrong venue. I need a place that always keeps it light and fun, if that's the tone. This place takes themselves way too seriously for a fantasy show :lolbron:.

But I'll take the hit. This was supposed to be my break. It's not fun. Enjoy the season. I'm getting my Reddit account started up, where a little more flexibility and fun can be had, than passive agressive "need to agree with you 100%" shyt isn't seen so much and more diversity of opinion is awarded.

Bruh

The Coil GOT thread taking itself too serious
Reddit being the place where diversity of opinion is awarded

This is some twilight zone shyt.

It aint that serious. Except for Shireen and Shaggydog, that was actually serious and I'm snuffing D&D if I see them in person.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Wouldn't they be about the same age? She was a baby when it all went down and clearly he was born around then. Ain't she actually 14 or some shyt in the books?

Edit: I'm confused now, some sites are saying jon is older than her

From the mouth of Martin Jon is older.
All of which is a long winded way of saying, no, Jon was not born "more than 1 year" before Dany... probably closer to eight or nine months or thereabouts.

I do intend to publish a timeline as an appendix in one or other of the later volumes, but even when I do, I am not certain I'm going to start detailing things down to months and days. With such a huge cast of characters, just keeping track of the =years= drives me half mad sometimes. Not to mention the colors of everybody's eyes.
The Citadel: So Spake Martin - Chronology

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Wouldn't they be about the same age? She was a baby when it all went down and clearly he was born around then. Ain't she actually 14 or some shyt in the books?

Edit: I'm confused now, some sites are saying jon is older than her

:deadrose:

:ohhh:
I never realized that

i'm reading a few things and it makes zero fukking sense

jon is actually older than her... "GRRM has stated on the record John is 8-9 months older than Dany"

so i'm guessing there's no newborn up in that tower... but maybe a 1 year old

this is a THEORY.... but i'll spoiler it anyway... even tho we all know, nobody knows what the answer is

some people are guessing that dany and jon are twins... on some star wars shyt.. and that would explain ice and fire

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'm reading a few things and it makes zero fukking sense

jon is actually older than her... "GRRM has stated on the record John is 8-9 months older than Dany"

so i'm guessing there's no newborn up in that tower... but maybe a 1 year old

this is a THEORY.... but i'll spoiler it anyway... even tho we all know, nobody knows what the answer is

some people are guessing that dany and jon are twins... on some star wars shyt.. and that would explain ice and fire
Ehh that seems far fetched, rheagar was killed before aerys so that gives aerys time to have made another baby.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'll give you two this, only because of his age, and likely Ned hated the Targaryen line only 2nd to Robert, and that's also a lot of weight to put on a kid. I still question the judgment of Ned letting him take the black without knowing his situation. But Ned is a very simple man with a lot of admirable traits. He plays politics with too much noble confidence and expediency though.

Jon's birth is the biggest, and most explosive, secret in Westeros, but imagine the mind fukk Jon could get when he actually finds out (and he will). Then he hears his aunt is somewhere, with dragons, freeing slaves to take back her birthright.

So was it honor, or something else, that kept Ned from c/sing Robert's Daenerys assassination?:jbhmm:

It been a minute since I read the books but from my knowledge and recollection, Ned didn't have any outstanding hatred for The Targaryen's until the mad King killed his Father and Brother. And even then his hatred isn't geared towards the entire house but towards the Mad King, Ned muses a couple times in the first book about Rhaeger and for all accounts seems to think of him as an honorable man (which is another reason why the R+L=J is such a strong theory, because Ned never reminisces on Rhaeger as a rapist)

Ned didn't approve of Dany's assassination because because number 1, the Lannister's butchering of Elia Martell and her two young children via Ser Gregor Clegane horrified everyone at court. He never forgot about that and it also fueled his own strong distaste for the Lannisters.

Ned allowing Jon to take the Black without knowing his identity I admit is troublesome, but in hindsight Ned could NEVER imagine all of the tragedy that was about to befall him and his family, he even told Jon that the next time they saw each other he was going to tell him everything, and by that time I gather he was wagering that Jon would have already sworn the vows, so whatever knowledge of his parentage might've effected him, Jon would have remained safe because he would have been honor bound to the watch and not traipsing off to find Dany's.

I've often wondered how Jon will take the news of his parentage once he finds out, but honestly, at this point I jokes;th don't think he'd care too much anoutnth\e implications. He doesn't want to be King, hell, he BARELY wanted to be Lord Commander at first, his entire dream surrounded upon being a Ranger and earning his father's approval and one day perhaps being legitimized. I doubt, after the initial shock, that he'd really care about Dany, as he knows that the White Walkers are the REAL threat. Claiming his Targaryen heritage would actually do him little favors at this position the story, he'd have more chance of uniting the North as a b*stard Stark than as yet ANOTHER long lost claimant to the Iron Throne

Last edited:
Daps
And we're trusting Ned's eyes now??

waitwhat.gif

To elaborate, let's say nothing went down until Dany came to Westeros. What do you think, now having found out his true heritage, Jon would've felt about it? What if he explored the truth more, and found Lyanna fell in love from her own will, and Robert was a jealous shytbag. Again, now he's stuck at the wall. His aunt is wrecking shyt, with dragons, to get her lands back.
You're asking why Ned did or didn't do something, yes you have to look at it from his eyes.

If Ned knew Dany would birth dragons I'm sure he would've done a LOT of things differently. You can't judge his decision making based on world-shattering differences to his understanding. If Ned knew what Jon would encounter at Hardhome, maybe he never goes south with Robert to begin with.

Ned was operating as if the next 17+ years would play out similar to the last 17 years: Robert ruling a magic-less kingdom in a magic-less world.

Last edited:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Tough week for the starkstans. Let's count the Ls:

1. Death of FaggyDog. A pet animal belonging to an inconsequential member of the other Houses wouldn't make their lists, but since you all get very emotional about this type of thing its number on the Stark loss list. Picture Ser Pounce's death even being a topic of discussion among the Lannister bannermen in here. "oh no I hope it's a plot", "I refuse to believe ser pounce is dead, this must be some sort of misdirection", "ser pounce was my favorite character :mjcry:"

2. Confirmation Jon is a Targaryan. It's like the show is trolling you lames. The second he leaves the nightswatch, the very next scene confirms him as a Targaryan. You were all probably so happy for 5 seconds
:umad:

3. Lyin' Ned gets exposed. Say what you will about Tywin and Roose, at least they had the basic decency to be honest to their children. Meanwhile Lyin' Ned is spinning ducktales to his kids who love him unconditionally regardless. How insecure was this guy?

4. Rickon gets turned over to Ramsey. This is hard evidence that no one in the North really gives a fukk about your House. The North remembers, there is always a stark in the North blah blah blah. North houses are playing the game like everyone else. You are all basically just poorly dressed Lannisters who aren't very good at holding power. Your bannermen only care about you as long you are strong. The stark delusion that the normal rules of this world don't apply to them has to be shattered by now, right?

When did this happen? Jon left the Night's Watch and the episode ended. I'm assuming it's episode 5 or 6 it'll be confirmed.

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Bran would go into the past and yell at his father and warn him about Little Finger fukking him over....would have prevented all this shyt.
I started watching season 1 again yesterday.. Littlefinger is the fuk boy that got Ned killed .

He Ned was bout to leave the city Littlefinger delayed him. As soo. As Ned went to leave Jamie caught up with him :ohhh:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Other than Howland Reed, no one else knows if Lyanna is really Jon's mother. So if she is, how would Jon ever find out? Bran might learn soon but he's stuck beyond the wall right now.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Other than Howland Reed, no one else knows if Lyanna is really Jon's mother. So if she is, how would Jon ever find out? Bran might learn soon but he's stuck beyond the wall right now.
I'm not saying this is how it's going to happen but I would not be shocked if on the show, they will make it so that Littlefinger somehow comes to know or already knows.

If Howland Reed isn't introduced, I think it's more likely that Bran will tell Jon. From the trailers it looks like he is leaving the cave this season. Or maybe it's the Night's King that reveals it somehow. We have yet to see the extent of their power.

That said, it's not as if Jon has to find out. That could be a part of the bittersweet ending George has talked about. The audience will know but perhaps the story ends with Jon never finding out his parentage.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
you know what's crazy.... you forget how old these people are supposed to be.. i think rob was like 20... jon was 17... but the aunt thing made me realize, deanarys is actually older than jon by a few years :mindblown:

Nah....they're all the same age, give or take a few months

They were all born during the Rebellion.

Robb was born while Ned was away fighting.

Jon was born at the end of the war.

Dany was born a few months after the war had ended.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Meera Reed isn't though, and Leaf said Bran's going to need Meera out in the world.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
The show never said that Ned is the one to tell the story. Book Ned only said that if it wasn't for Howland Reed Dayne would've killed him which is true. Remember Bran was only like 8 at the oldest the last time he heard that story so just because he remembers it as his pops out dueling Dayne that doesn't mean that's what was told.

For the rest of it?
- Ned got a ship and everything ready for Sansa and Arya to leave. The only reason they didn't get out was because Sansa was an idiot and ran to tell Cersei they were leaving. He was dumb for underestimating Cersei and for trusting his idiot daughter but it wasn't no scumbag move
- He killed Lady because the Queen commanded it and Robert went with it. Sure he could've found some way around it but Ned wasn't slick nor willing to disobey.
- Agree he should've told Jon but at the same time from his perspective Jon's parentage doesn't matter in any tangible way other than Jon having that peace. But he'd also then have to trust that Jon keeps that secret because not only would Robert demand Jon's head if he found out, he could demand Ned's for lying. Not only that but there's a slight possibility some folks would want to place Jon on the throne as the book makes clear there are still some Targ loyalists around. Remember he never even trusted his wife with the secret which if anything is the real scumbag move. He watched her treat Jon like garbage for his entire life which wouldn't have happened if he told her the truth. Not only that but idk how he showed her all that love with her being so evil to Jon. Not only that but he should've discouraged him from joining the Watch and gave him some lands instead

Nah....Ned did right.

Jon is basically the rightful ruler of Westeros. His claim even supersedes Dany's claim, assuming Rhaegar married Lyanna. The Baratheons took the Iron Throne and disinherited the Targaryens but, there are plenty of houses that would support the Targaryens coming back into power. That is a secret that could get entire families clapped up. Cersei had all of Robert's b*stards killed. You think they wouldn't have had Jon gunned up and clapped quick :mjlol:Do you remember all the dumb shyt Cat did with Robb? :mjlol: Would you really trust her with that secret? Plus, wives are supposed to hate b*stards. If Cat knew Jon was really her nephew-in-law, she would ease up on him, start liking him. Likely grow to love him. That would look weird to other people in Westerosi society. Certainly to the Lannisters when they came to Winterfell. And people will start wondering and asking questions, which is bad for Jon. Jon was also envious of Robb being the future lord of Winterfell and him being destined for nothing. Telling him that he was the true heir to the Iron Throne would have him feeling himself. And one day, it would slip out around the wrong people. It was better for Jon for everyone to think he was a b*stard and treat him like one.

You also can't be giving out lands like that to your other sons. It weakens the power of the House. If every time a father in that house had an extra son, and gave him a piece of land, eventually the inheritance to the first son would be nothing. That's why it's set up for the other sons to get nothing :manny: Maybe they can become a Maester, a Knight, a member of the Night's Watch or stay at the castle and be the right hand man to their brother. Also.........giving land to siblings could mean that hundreds of years later, that sibling's descendants may go to the war with the main family. That's what the Greystarks (descendants of a Stark Lord's brother) did to the Starks. That's why the Greystarks are extinguished, dead and gone. The Karstarks are former Starks too. They looking like they might betray the Starks as well. This is also essentially what the Baratheons did to the Targaryens. The Baratheons are descendants of the Targs....descendants of Aegon the Conqueror's b*stard brother. More recently, Robert Baratheon's grandmother was King Aegon V's daughter. So, when Robert rebelled against the Targs, he used his Targaryen heritage as a justification to be King. Giving lands away to your siblings/b*stard brothers is cool today but, you don't know what their children and their grandchildren and their descendants will do to yours.