Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Yeah it looks like a new leaf is bring turned all over Westeros. The Kingdom had been relatively stable for years, with most people following tradition, but that was because the Targaryens had that juice. But now that the Targ dynasty is over, we're seeing houses give the middle finger to tradition. If you look at it from the young Northern Lords or heirs POV, look at what they have seen happen in just a few years.

Robb said fukk you to Walder Frey, used his bridge and troops and then said fukk your ugly ass daughters.
The Freys said fukk you to guest rights, and violated a salt and bread tradition that goes back thousands of years.
Roose said fukk you to leaders of the north for thousands of years and killed Robb, and got rewarded as Warden of the North for it.
Tyrion said fukk you to his family and murdered the king and hand of the king.
Renley said fukk you to rules of inheritance and raised an army to fight his brother because he fukking felt like it.
Jon Snow said fukk you to Westeros and brought over cannibal Wildlings.

I can see the young bucks set to inherit like the young Karstark and Smalljon being like man fukk this honor and tradition shyt. Westeros is in chaos right now, nobody is following the rules, so we aren't either. We're about to take slices of pie for ourselves.:birdman:. I can see Smalljon thinking his dad is an idiot for being a Stark dikkrider and not getting anything out of it.

And though it's still shytty, it fits in with what Elaria and the Sand Snakes did too.

Westeros is destroying itself before the WW's even come. I think that is supposed to be the entire point of the series.
Tyrion murdering Kings now?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if Sansa is going to tell anyone that Littlefinger and Lady Olenna had Joffrey killed, or if she will hold her water for Peter.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
@CJ

The show did Barristan Selmy so dirty :scust:

no way in hell Sons of harpy would kill him

When Barristan was banished by Joffrey in the kingsguard, he was old af and this is what happened

HE BEAT the best warriors in the capital UNARMED, after honorably recording his own dismissal. And ESCAPES.

:pacspit: D&D
that was the illest part of it. He knew they were gonna try and have him knocked off and still took the time to make an entry in the book.

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
I wonder if Sansa is going to tell anyone that Littlefinger and Lady Olenna had Joffrey killed, or if she will hold her water for Peter.
I think being tortured and raped by Ramsey changed her whole perspective about Petyr. She doesn't have her direwolf tho :lolbron:. She might be deluded enough to think Littlefingwr didn't know how sadistic Ramsey was. But he had to have known about Theon. :yeshrug:

If she remembers this never would've happened had she came clean about what happened to her aunt, she's unlikely to give Petyr a 3rd chance at the mind fukk. Damn, Petyr hates the Stark's and Tully's for not dipping his fingers in Catelyn.:whoo:

MrSinnister

Daps
You're forgetting dude was like 15/16 in the books, maybe 17-19 in the show, Ned promised to tell him of his parents the next time they met up, but then all the shyt popped off in KL and he got killed and that was the end of that.

if Ned told him the next thing he would obviously say is to not to act on on it and dont tell anybody, he had been trying to hide Jon's parentage his whole life, what reasoning would he have to stop trying to hide Jon?

in Ned's mind the wall would be the perfect place for him

to the starks the wall is not punishment, its an honor

I'll give you two this, only because of his age, and likely Ned hated the Targaryen line only 2nd to Robert, and that's also a lot of weight to put on a kid. I still question the judgment of Ned letting him take the black without knowing his situation. But Ned is a very simple man with a lot of admirable traits. He plays politics with too much noble confidence and expediency though.

Jon's birth is the biggest, and most explosive, secret in Westeros, but imagine the mind fukk Jon could get when he actually finds out (and he will). Then he hears his aunt is somewhere, with dragons, freeing slaves to take back her birthright.

So was it honor, or something else, that kept Ned from c/sing Robert's Daenerys assassination?:jbhmm:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I'm going to dispel the popular notion, only around these parts for hilarious trolling, that Ned lied to his children. He told the truth, from a certain point of view. You're a father, who wants your kids to grow up with your best principles. It doesn't help anyone to tell them the complete truth when some very little fact doesn't change the overall narrative. You don't want to put cheating, or dishonor in your children's minds as an option, because you know the less patient ones will use what you've said at and inopportune time. I know I did.

All that being said, Ned is a scumbag for other reasons, namely not getting Sansa and Arya out as soon as he was going to go against Cersei just in case, killing Lady for that c*nt, and letting Jon volunteer for the wall, which is 4Life, without telling him of his birth. He's also an arrogant but naive b*stard. However, nothing about what was revealed besmirches his honor.

The rest of the ether on @Food Mane 's post was "you didn't have to do all that" :dead: level. But it's good to give the more deluded members of #Starkset some nut and clit kicks.:smugdraper: Now stay humble, before someone posts another one.

The show never said that Ned is the one to tell the story. Book Ned only said that if it wasn't for Howland Reed Dayne would've killed him which is true. Remember Bran was only like 8 at the oldest the last time he heard that story so just because he remembers it as his pops out dueling Dayne that doesn't mean that's what was told.

For the rest of it?
- Ned got a ship and everything ready for Sansa and Arya to leave. The only reason they didn't get out was because Sansa was an idiot and ran to tell Cersei they were leaving. He was dumb for underestimating Cersei and for trusting his idiot daughter but it wasn't no scumbag move
- He killed Lady because the Queen commanded it and Robert went with it. Sure he could've found some way around it but Ned wasn't slick nor willing to disobey.
- Agree he should've told Jon but at the same time from his perspective Jon's parentage doesn't matter in any tangible way other than Jon having that peace. But he'd also then have to trust that Jon keeps that secret because not only would Robert demand Jon's head if he found out, he could demand Ned's for lying. Not only that but there's a slight possibility some folks would want to place Jon on the throne as the book makes clear there are still some Targ loyalists around. Remember he never even trusted his wife with the secret which if anything is the real scumbag move. He watched her treat Jon like garbage for his entire life which wouldn't have happened if he told her the truth. Not only that but idk how he showed her all that love with her being so evil to Jon. Not only that but he should've discouraged him from joining the Watch and gave him some lands instead

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
it wasn't THEM... it wasn't ONE DAY

it was Greatjon... the FATHER who was sheltering them..

Smalljon speaks on this to Ramsey, saying his dad wasn't shyt either, and he didn't even care when he saw him die... So he's basically another Ramsey.. Dad died and he's like "fukk what dad was talking about"

I still don't think Greatjon is dead. In the books he was alive and kept as a hostage. The show never showed him die or said he died up until this dude came and said it. And if he saw pops die why wasn't he dead at the RW too?

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I understand not telling Jin growing up, and keeping the biggest part of the story hidden from everyone. But not telling him, once he was grown, was a douche move. Jon would have been mature enough to keep that secret. Why have him suddenly bound to the wall without knowing that?
he said he was gonna tell Jon about his mom when he comes back from KL

he was very proud of Jon for joining the Nights watch, an honorable position for Starks

Daps
it wasn't THEM... it wasn't ONE DAY

it was Greatjon... the FATHER who was sheltering them..

Smalljon speaks on this to Ramsey, saying his dad wasn't shyt either, and he didn't even care when he saw him die... So he's basically another Ramsey.. Dad died and he's like "fukk what dad was talking about"

If he's another Ramsay, I guess that could make sense. The Karstark seems comes off as dim witted, so him foolishly linking with Ramsay seems to fit to me. Smalljon seems to have sense, so I don't know why he'd give up such a valuable chess piece for no good reason.

The fact that the explanation keeps changing suggests they bungled telling this part story. But I'll let them :cook: before passing judgement about that.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I still don't think Greatjon is dead. In the books he was alive and kept as a hostage. The show never showed him die or said he died up until this dude came and said it. And if he saw pops die why wasn't he dead at the RW too?
actor for greatjon left the show so they wrote him off

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I'm expecting this to be my favorite scene of the season:noah:. I can already hear the swell of music, Sansa's eyes welling with water :mjcry:, Davos looking on in surprise:gladbron:, Jon looking on with pride:obama:, and little ten year old Lyanna Mormont giving her approval (and her troops). It should be one of the most triumphant, goosebump inducing moments of the series, right up there with Robb being crowned King of the North, Dany emerging with her dragons, Oberyn telling Tyrion he will be his champion:blessed:. I might not forgive D&D if they fukk it up.
Not entirely sure if this is confirmed but rumors have it that Bronn is getting married to a Frey as reward for the Dorne mission, and Manderly is gonna say the speech then do a Red Wedding 2.0 on Freys and Lannisters. Not confirmed but if true :noah:

MrSinnister

Daps
The show never said that Ned is the one to tell the story. Book Ned only said that if it wasn't for Howland Reed Dayne would've killed him which is true. Remember Bran was only like 8 at the oldest the last time he heard that story so just because he remembers it as his pops out dueling Dayne that doesn't mean that's what was told.

For the rest of it?
- Ned got a ship and everything ready for Sansa and Arya to leave. The only reason they didn't get out was because Sansa was an idiot and ran to tell Cersei they were leaving. He was dumb for underestimating Cersei and for trusting his idiot daughter but it wasn't no scumbag move
- He killed Lady because the Queen commanded it and Robert went with it. Sure he could've found some way around it but Ned wasn't slick nor willing to disobey.
From my memory, Ned didn't start trying to get the girls out until he was about to take Robert's deathbed letter to the Queen Regent. That likely should've been done once Catelyn captured Tyrion, until shot REALLY blew over. 2. As soon as he found about about the true parents of the kids, following earlier Lannister fukkery, he should have gotten them out. 3. When the King died, he should've had them long gone, because even if he got the City Guard bribed, there's still an element of extreme danger there.

Ned was just a little bytch about killing Lady, no doubts about it. It wasn't even the wolf that pulled the shyt, and Cersei IS NOT THE KING. They came to Ned, personally, to beg him to take the job. This was children having a row. Robert has already said how he despises the relationship, but it keeps the bills paid. King Robert said that wolves don't belong. Well, send them back home. Ned didn't even fight.

I agree with the rest completely. Give the kid some lands, and let him know, slowly, what's up. There was still the huge problem of failing to kill Dany, that would've brought this game to a far higher level though.

MrSinnister

Daps
he said he was gonna tell Jon about his mom when he comes back from KL

he was very proud of Jon for joining the Nights watch, an honorable position for Starks

Ned's an a$$hole. Honorable to be with a bunch of thieves, murderers, and rapists huh??:rudy:

Sounds like what parents say when they're glad you got the fukk out the house.:steviej: