Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

Nah, it's the reason Ned doesn't fight in tournaments, so the enemy wouldn't know what he knows. He surprised Jamie, A LOT. Jamie had the youth and stamina advantage, but again, there was no ass handing. Ned was simply outmatched, and it would've been closer had he not have to kill some guards first.

Jaime was getting :flabbynsick:

Oberyn was with the shyts. Breh was :mj: on the mountain but only died because he was being a ho. Book Loras might have given him the work too but the show version spends 99% of the time being a fakkit

i think the author himself said that Jamie was the best living swordsman before he lost his hand

Barristan Selmy in his youth was the GOAT tho, the man was solid snake. Dont let the GARBAGE ass death he had on the show fool you.

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I also think viewers and posters tend to forget that Jamie and Ned knew of each other during Robert's Rebellion, and Jamie in the least knew of Ned's fighting prowess and vice versa and NEITHER was at all shook of the other. So at the very least we're looking at them being "evenly" matched with a slight edge to Ned because of experience.

Eh not really. Book Ned is never talked about as being anything special as a fighter. His strength was more as a leader and commander. Ned had no rep like that. Jaime had that rep.

Even Ned had to give credit where credit was due when he said Jaime was a excelleant swordsman.

So brehs I find the GOAT Swordsman topic very fun and intriguing, especially with the convos above :banderas: and curious what you would have as your Top 5?

Cause from what I've read from you guys, the show throws it off a little from the book.

After last EP, Dayne seems to be the undisputed GOAT. He was cooking like I've never seen before. Jaime I guess could be 2 by reputation but they had Ned go toe-to-toe with him without struggle when ambushed. Bronn seems to be highly regarded along with swagged out Oberyn. Then of course Ser Barristan has to be up there given his rep during his prime years. Then we got Snowman who was cooking at Battle of Castle Black and Hard Home but I don't know where to put him yet especially vs book (have not read them.)

Just off show I'd have it on this (it's probably way off, I know):

1. Dayne
2. Red Viper Oberyn (mollywhopped the Mountain in minutes before fukking up)
3. Bronn (Trial by combat victor, top Sellsword)
4. Snowman (led multiple battles putting in work)
5. Jaime (only really saw him scrap with Ned) but I would even put Ned here since he hung with Jaime who's supposed to be #2 of all time :pachaha:)

Ser Barristan?

Humor me :blessed:

thsmiley_swordfight1.gif

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

The truth finally comes out about Lyin' Ned. All that honour talk, all that swordsman talk, nothing but ducktales. Stark stans how does it feel to know your entire worldview is built on a duck tale?

You fakkits should be stanning famed Westorosi blues man Howlin' Reed for delaying the removal of Ned's head for 15 years :russ:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Cosign, tho I'm not sure if it's really an okie doke or just bad writing (them killing Shaggy Dog would need to be explained if this is just a trick). I still maintain it's confusing and the Umber betrayal came out of nowhere.

They say the Umbers want help to get the Wildlings off the land neighboring theirs...OK, what's that got to do with Rickon? Ramsay stated a few episodes ago that he needed the support of just three houses to hold the North and defend against a Lanister army: The Karstarks, M_____(who's name I keep forgetting), and the Umbers. All the Umbers would need to say is: "Help us with the Wildlings, which is the job of the Warden of the North, and we'll help you with the Lanisters and support your claim as Warden". Why would they up and hand over an innocent kid to a known psychopath? What he's done to Theon Greyjoy is common knowledge on the North at this point. Ramsay's been flaying folks all over. They know exactly what he's capable of doing to Rickon. They've been sheltering him for three seasons (not sure how long that is show wise, but I'd guess at least a year since Fat Walder got pregnant and gave birth), and one day they just up and kill his direwolf, shackle him and his wilding friend (great point about them allegedly detesting Wildlings so much yet keeping her alive, inexplicably), and serve him up to be tortured?:wtf:

Plus, since they know the Bolton's are untrustworthy, why not keep the Rickon chip in your back pocket? Use the Bolton's to help you get rid of the Wildlings, then when the time is right overthrow Ramsay and install Rickon who'll be so grateful it'll only help your house's position.
yep, that's why I was saying the threat of the Wildings should have been compelling enough for Ramsey. Rickon is like the Umber's 'trump card', and they just gave him away

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
So brehs I find the GOAT Swordsman topic very fun and intriguing, especially with the convos above :banderas: and curious what you would have as your Top 5?

Cause from what I've read from you guys, the show throws it off a little from the book.

After last EP, Dayne seems to be the undisputed GOAT. He was cooking like I've never seen before. Jaime I guess could be 2 by reputation but they had Ned go toe-to-toe with him without struggle when ambushed. Bronn seems to be highly regarded along with swagged out Oberyn. Then of course Ser Barristan has to be up there given his rep during his prime years. Then we got Snowman who was cooking at Battle of Castle Black and Hard Home but I don't know where to put him yet especially vs book (have not read them.)

1. Dayne
5. Jaime (only really saw him scrap with Ned) but I would even put Ned here since he hung with Jaime who's supposed to be #2 of all time :pachaha:)

Ser Barristan?

thsmiley_swordfight1.gif

The show isn't all that different from the books regarding this, mainly because in the books you mostly only hear talk about who was supposedly great. But if I'm going by the books and just naming the best fighters I'd go

1 - Ser Barristan Selmy - Barristan the Bold. Supposedly the best when he was a youngn. He was Lord Commander of the Kings Guard while my man Sword of the Morning was there and was considered the best, Jaime himself says so
2 - Arthur Dayne - of course
3 - Red Viper - started his own sellsword company, known for being nice with the blades, sliced up the Mountain
4- Young Robert - son was a beast. 6'6" and used a war hammer.
5 - 2 handed Jaime - called the best fighter in Westeros many times
6 - The Mountain
7 - The Hound
8 - Loras Tyrell - after Jaime probably the best swordsman at the time of the books, just nowhere near as big as the Clegane bros who are both huge

If its just the show and what's been shown?

1 - Arthur Dayne
2 - Red Viper
3 - Barristan Selmy
4 - The Mountain
5 - The Hound
6 - Syriel Forel
7 - Grey Worm
8 - Dario
9 - Bron
10 - Jon

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Tough week for the starkstans. Let's count the Ls:

1. Death of FaggyDog. A pet animal belonging to an inconsequential member of the other Houses wouldn't make their lists, but since you all get very emotional about this type of thing its number on the Stark loss list. Picture Ser Pounce's death even being a topic of discussion among the Lannister bannermen in here. "oh no I hope it's a plot", "I refuse to believe ser pounce is dead, this must be some sort of misdirection", "ser pounce was my favorite character :mjcry:"

2. Confirmation Jon is a Targaryan. It's like the show is trolling you lames. The second he leaves the nightswatch, the very next scene confirms him as a Targaryan. You were all probably so happy for 5 seconds :umad:

3. Lyin' Ned gets exposed. Say what you will about Tywin and Roose, at least they had the basic decency to be honest to their children. Meanwhile Lyin' Ned is spinning ducktales to his kids who love him unconditionally regardless. How insecure was this guy?

4. Rickon gets turned over to Ramsey. This is hard evidence that no one in the North really gives a fukk about your House. The North remembers, there is always a stark in the North blah blah blah. North houses are playing the game like everyone else. You are all basically just poorly dressed Lannisters who aren't very good at holding power. Your bannermen only care about you as long you are strong. The stark delusion that the normal rules of this world don't apply to them has to be shattered by now, right?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Tough week for the starkstans. Let's count the Ls:

1. Death of FaggyDog. A pet animal belonging to an inconsequential member of the other Houses wouldn't make their lists, but since you all get very emotional about this type of thing its number on the Stark loss list. Picture Ser Pounce's death even being a topic of discussion among the Lannister bannermen in here. "oh no I hope it's a plot", "I refuse to believe ser pounce is dead, this must be some sort of misdirection", "ser pounce was my favorite character :mjcry:"

2. Confirmation Jon is a Targaryan. It's like the show is trolling you lames. The second he leaves the nightswatch, the very next scene confirms him as a Targaryan. You were all probably so happy for 5 seconds :umad:

3. Lyin' Ned gets exposed. Say what you will about Tywin and Roose, at least they had the basic decency to be honest to their children. Meanwhile Lyin' Ned is spinning ducktales to his kids who love him unconditionally regardless. How insecure was this guy?

4. Rickon gets turned over to Ramsey. This is hard evidence that no one in the North really gives a fukk about your House. The North remembers, there is always a stark in the North blah blah blah. North houses are playing the game like everyone else. You are all basically just poorly dressed Lannisters who aren't very good at holding power. Your bannermen only care about you as long you are strong. The stark delusion that the normal rules of this world don't apply to them has to be shattered by now, right?

Yea i thought north men was supposed to be honorable and shyt, these nikkas turned to pure savages as soon as the Starks moved out :huhldup:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:what:

You remember that Cersei wasn't Queen anymore once Robert died, right? You don't get to hold a throne that way, certainly not as a female. Cersei had to go through all those shenanigans to get recognised as "Queen Mother" (same title that Britain's George VI's wife got when he died and her daughter became Elizabeth II)

Margery is only Queen through marriage to Tommen... when he dies, the best she can hope for is to be treated as a Dowager Queen - no real power, just a title and some servants. :martin:
Robert had male heirs. Remember Robert's dying letter he named Ned protector of the realm until Joffrey came of age. That's why Cersei ripped up that letter becasue it stripped her of power. She was able to rule as Queen Regent until Joffrey was crowned and wed.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps

1. Dayne

Ser Barristan?

thsmiley_swordfight1.gif

1) Dayne with dawn
2) Barristan Selmy in his prime
3) Robert Baratheon in his Prime
4) Jamie Lannister
5) Khal Drogo or Oberyn

The author himself said this
Who would win in a fight, Barristan Selmy or Arthur Dayne (in their best days)?

Dayne... if he was armed with Dawn.

If both men had equivalent weaponry, it might be a toss-up.

The Citadel: So Spake Martin - The Sword of the Morning vs. Barristan the Bold

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
@CJ

The show did Barristan Selmy so dirty :scust:

no way in hell Sons of harpy would kill him

When Barristan was banished by Joffrey in the kingsguard, he was old af and this is what happened

Outraged by his removal, Ser Barristan throws down his sword and leaves the throne room. After Selmy leaves the room the king orders him seized and questioned for a perceived threat uttered in the heat of his dismissal. Selmy enters the White Sword Tower to edit his White Book entry, dutifully recording his own dismissal.[12] Upon leaving the Red Keep Janos Slynt orders his men to seize Barristan. Though he does not have his sword, Selmy kills the gold cloaks sent after him and flees the castle

HE BEAT the best warriors in the capital UNARMED, after honorably recording his own dismissal. And ESCAPES.

:pacspit: D&D

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps

1. Dayne

Ser Barristan?

thsmiley_swordfight1.gif
Nice!

1. Dayne is GOAT
2. Jamie Lannister (I can't put Oberyn here because I don't know how good he is with an actual sword, but with Viper shyt)
3. Jon Snow- He kills for a living, and not even human shyt.
4. Brianne as she beat both Loras and delapidated Jaime.
5. Ser Bronn (makes it look too easy)

I'm going just from what I've seen on the show. Flashbacks will add to list.

Last edited:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Dayne :whew:

I keep forgetting about Robert Baratheon and that he was nice with it too :wow: Show has me jaded since it's all I know of him and by that point he's in his fat fart years :dead:
Robert Baratheon was :wow:

he usurped a 300 year dynasty and lead every battle from the front, only lost 1 battle in the entire war (the one that had Barristan Selmy on the other side :sas2:)

Dude killed Rhaegar (who was a really good warrior, he won a tournament) with 1 hit in the chest, burst his heart :whoo:

Rhaegar was trying to fulfill a prophecy but Baratheon's hammer was like aint no prophecy bih

The called him the Sellsword King

“Let me tell you a secret, Ned. More than once, I have dreamed of giving up the crown. Take ship for the Free Cities with my horse and my hammer, spend my time warring and whoring, that’s what I was made for. The sellsword king, how the singers would love me. You know what stops me? The thought of Joffrey on the throne, with Cersei standing behind him whispering in his ear. My son. How could I have made a son like that, Ned?”

he fell off so hard :mjcry:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
@CJ

The show did Barristan Selmy so dirty :scust:

no way in hell Sons of harpy would kill him

When Barristan was banished by Joffrey in the kingsguard, he was old af and this is what happened

HE BEAT the best warriors in the capital UNARMED, after honorably recording his own dismissal. And ESCAPES.

:pacspit: D&D
And Tywin died taking a shyt.
And Drogo died from a scratch.
And Robert died from a pig.
And the Sword of the Morning got killed by a fukking crannogman.

Unceremonious deaths are a staple of George's writing. In fact, Geroge goes out of his way to break you OUT of the mindset that these "oh so wonderful, legendary warriors should and will go out in a blaze of glory where they get a famous last word and a flower petal falls on top of their wound as they lie dying in their lovers arms."