Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
how? the umbers been fighting widlings (and dying) for ages, jon leads an army of widlings to the new gift, right beside their land. he's not feeling that. as a way to get ramsay and the army he commands to come help wipe out the widlings (and jon snow since he "betrayed" them/the realm) he brings a gift of goodwill. he made it clear he's not bowing down or sucking up to ramsay, but some offer of good faith needed to be made to get the help he seeks - plus ramsay been wanted to ride on jon stark, so this gift if perfect.

he, at this moment, isn't really aligning with ramsay as much as seeking his help, he needs more manpower and ramsay is aligned with most the houses with strong armies
shouldn't the threat of the Jon Snow led Wilding Army be compelling enough though? he makes that point at first, like "if they make it through us, they coming to Winterfell next :ufdup: "

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Not sure where Arya Stark's story line is going.

I understand she's now a member of house of Black and White and worship the Many-Faced God but will she ever reunite with Sansa or Jon Snow? I can't see her leaving the the faceless men. But then again who would have thought Jon Snow would have left Castle Black

Daps
Not sure where Arya Stark's story line is going.

I understand she's now a member of house of Black and White and worship the Many-Faced God but will she ever reunite with Sansa or Jon Snow? I can't see her leaving the the faceless men. But then again who would have thought Jon Snow would have left Castle Black
She met the only other faceless man we know in King's Landing. I don't see why she'd need to leave the faceless men to rejoin the game of thrones

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So his immediate reaction is to raise an army to defend the vacated land to his North? Not send an emissary to Castle Black to voice his objections? This came out of nowhere.

Then to align with the Bolton's who have shown themselves to be untrustworthy, it just makes no sense.
ehh, it's about having the manpower to defend his land. Why would he go to castle black when their, then, leader is he one who let the wildlings in? Their history with one another has been war, but never has an entire army of them been encroaching, dude needs backup, right now the other house with armies are commanded by Ramsay, dude has to go to him for backup...again, nothing says he aligns with ramsay.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Did anyone else catch the chick when talking to Arya say that she's missing someone on the list? Does that mean that they are sending her on a mission? Curious who they send her after.
She's the name on Arya's list. She was trying to get Arya to admit it...

Ramsay killing Rickon would be to stupid even for him :francis:... At least you would think
It's Ramsey. His stupidity knows no limits.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Honorable Ned Stark lied about that day :jbhmm:

What else did he lie about :patrice:

Went in looking for his sister :ehh:

Heard a scream :ohhh:

Sounded like a woman...pregnant :merchant:

Hmmmmmmm

did Ned really lie about it? In the book, not sure if he specifically lied - didnt' he say if it wasn't for Reed he'd be dead?

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
She met the only other faceless man we know in King's Landing. I don't see why she'd need to leave the faceless men to rejoin the game of thrones

isn't the faceless man in King's landing the same faceless man she's being trained by?

hell her first instructor was also a faceless man too right? could all be connected.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
So his immediate reaction is to raise an army to defend the vacated land to his North? Not send an emissary to Castle Black to voice his objections? This came out of nowhere.

Then to align with the Bolton's who have shown themselves to be untrustworthy, it just makes no sense.

Voice concerns? Jon is the first Lord Commander ever, in the history of the NW, thousands of years to let Wildings into Westeros. The same Wildlings that just attacked the Wall and killed the majority of the NW in season 4. The same Wildlings that raided the North, pillaged, raped, and ate women and children recently (Ollys people were just one of many). It's too late to Voice concerns. This is war. It would be like if a military today just suddenly crossed the borders of another rivals sovereign nation. They don't send the ambassador to ask why. :whoa:It's a declaration of war.

The people in the North don't think of Tormound or Ygritte when they think of Wildlings. They don't think of the pal Wun Wun when they think of Giants. They don't see free folk wanting a better life, they see the Thenss, :demonic:soulless cannibals that don't reason, don't kneel, dont compromise. And now Jon Snow has joined them.:pacspit:

You say the Boltons have shown themselves to be untrustworthy? Fair. But they have also shown to be the best army in the north, currently, especially after they just wiped the floor against Stannis who had been considered one of the best military leaders in Westeros.

Last edited:
Daps
ehh, it's about having the manpower to defend his land. Why would he go to castle black when their, then, leader is he one who let the wildlings in? Their history with one another has been war, but never has an entire army of them been encroaching, dude needs backup, right now the other house with armies are commanded by Ramsay, dude has to go to him for backup...again, nothing says he aligns with ramsay.
I'd think he'd go to Castle Black BECAUSE he let the Wildlings in. Especially since that leader is a b*stard of your former liege Lord. Gotta believe you have a friend in him. Also,I'd think they historically have a great relationship with the Night's Watch too...why go straight to war? Why seek help from someone as untrustworthy as the Boltons?

But whatever tho. They're mad the Wildlings are so close, I can accept that. It wouldn't have felt like it came from nowhere if they at least sent a raven to Castle Black voicing their displeasure with Jon's decision.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
compelling enough for Ramsey to realize he needs to do something about it

for that matter I don't think the 'gift' of Rickon is really a compelling reason for him to get involved
There is no clue saying Ramsay even knows about the wildlings, they aren't his concern. And at this point, they think jon is simply at castle black being lord commander - they don't know of his death and resurrection, they may not even know he brought wildlings to westeros until littlejon umber shows up. Even before his death, nothing said the wildlings were going to be led by him, they are allies, but he isn't their leader, and even now as dolo jon stark, nothing says he'll be commanding the wildlings. All that to say, jon was never seen as a threat to Ramsay in that vein (marching around with an army). The only reason Ramsay cared about him is to get rid of any remaining stark that could challenge him for winterfell, b*stard or not.

So yes, the gift was needed, one, to get troops to help the umbers take on the wildlings and also, possibly, lure jon into the fray

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I'm not in denial, I'm in confusion. The Karstarks betrayal and alignment with Ramsay makes perfect sense. The Umbers does not. It's completely out of the blue. Plus, Theon burning farm boys is still a secret to most. If Ramsay just flays Rickon, he acknowledges Bran is alive. As long as a Stark lives, his position as Warden of the North is threatened.

But killing Shaggy Dog suggests his isn't some grand scheme to trick Ramsay. I'm just a city boy, but I'd imagine a northerner like Ramsay can easily tell the difference between a direwolf's head and a regular wolf's head which is why it was proof enough that that was in fact Rickon Stark.

for real

people expecting too much from D&D

they're number 1 goal is to market the show, to get people talking. They realize that shock sells. Storytelling comes second. These guys had the fukkin retarded Sand Snakes completely ruin the Dorne story line with no fukkin thought or explanation whatsoever. They will do the same to the rest of the storylines.

fukkin GRRM ruined his legacy by being a slow ass writer smh.

Daps
isn't the faceless man in King's landing the same faceless man she's being trained by?

Yes, err umm maybe. It's definitely the same actor, and he knows Arya's story. But he's faceless. He's died and changed into the girl and shyt soooo :yeshrug:
hell her first instructor was also a faceless man too right? could all be connected.
nothing, to my knowledge, has indicated that Syrio was a faceless man. He's from Bravos tho