Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I personally think they're building Jon up to be a new Night's King. Losing a part of himself to the point where he completely switches sides.
I caught this on my re-read of CoK. This is one of Dany's visions in the House of the Undying...

"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Since everyone else is laying their gripes/confusions, I'll lay mine:

I get why Davos did a 180 on Mel and magic, but what I don't get is why he's not concerned about his boy Stannis and his girl Shireen. They've shown how close he was to those two over the past 4 seasons yet he is not questioning why the Red Woman left their sides? Stannis left them in dire straights. suffering in the cold, low on food and horses. Shortly thereafter, Mel shows up to Castle Black all downtrodden and he doesn't think to question the well being of the closest thing to family he has left?

yeah I'm waiting on the show to address this. :francis:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I caught this on my re-read of CoK. This is one of Dany's visions in the House of the Undying...

"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."
:ohhh:
The Snowman for real. :wow:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why the show is trash at times IMO. Couple weeks ago we saw the Sand Snakes murk a royal family in Dorne and nobody did shyt about it. Now we see a legitimized b*stard kill his father and nobody got shyt to say about that either. There's no logic to this, and it's not how the world works. It's lazy ass writing man. You're gonna tell me Roose, who has outsmarted everyone thus far, don't got loyal guards with him and his fukking wife/baby at all times? Or that the maester couldn't just tell some Roose loyalists and then they murk Ramsay for being a fukkboy.

shyt is so convenient and lazy....

What happened in Dorne was meant to show that the people of Dorne had turned on Doran already, that's why Ellaria says "you don't know your own people, their disgust for you, Ellia Martell raped and murdered and you did nothing, Oberyn Martell butchered and you did nothing" while his guards looked on implying that it was a staged coup. It wasn't lazy writing, you just didn't pick up on what was going on.

As for Roose, I think his death could've been handled better, but he's never been seen travelling with multiple guards, plus he didn't know Walda was going to have the baby at that moment, their meeting was interrupted to tell him that.

Last edited:

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Since everyone else is laying their gripes/confusions, I'll lay mine:

I get why Davos did a 180 on Mel and magic, but what I don't get is why he's not concerned about his boy Stannis and his girl Shireen. They've shown how close he was to those two over the past 4 seasons yet he is not questioning why the Red Woman left their sides? Stannis left them in dire straights. suffering in the cold, low on food and horses. Shortly thereafter, Mel shows up to Castle Black all downtrodden and he doesn't think to question the well being of the closest thing to family he has left?
Forget this happening. If Jon Snow is alive, and Davos asked for that life, how is he suddenly going to do ANOTHER 180 on the one who brought him back? We might as well walk on this one. The speed of events didn't give him time to do much, so I'd just leave it be with that. I don't see Davos being that ungrateful, even for Shireen.

However, Melisandre might have a heel turn tho. Remember she's lost complete faith, because she saw Jon in the flames. That can still happen now. Will she try to control #snowset?:jbhmm:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

Because I haven't read the books I went to check on some things to kinda bolster my argument. Was looking for similarities and I came across the description of the woman that the current Night's King loved.

Later he fell in love with a woman “with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars”, he chased her and loved her though “her skin was cold as ice,” and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Good episode overall.
Melissandra went from seeing a man coming back from the dead once and not knowing how to do that to resurrecting Jon real quick tho. :francis:

So were we supposed to see a training montage of her trying to bring people back to life?
The funny thing is Thoros said it himself that he never even knew it was possible the 1st time it he resurrected Beric but I bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody was complaining about that.

I went back and watched when she met Thoros. He said that he just said the old words. So they both knew the words it's just they didn't think that it would work.

The only thing wobbly about it was the cutting of the hair but that could've been an old ritual as well.

Daps
Rewatching, when Roose tells Ramsay that they'll need every house in the north, Ramsay responds: "The Umbers, the M_____(i can't discern), and the Karstarks command more men than all the other houses combined"..... I'm pretty sure Bran told Osha to bring Lord Rickon to the Umbers when we last saw him. It's all but certain #StarkSet sees our first L this season on Sunday :sadcam:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Rewatching, when Roose tells Ramsay that they'll need every house in the north, Ramsay responds: "The Umbers, the M_____(i can't discern), and the Karstarks command more men than all the other houses combined"..... I'm pretty sure Bran told Osha to bring Lord Rickon to the Umbers when we last saw him. It's all but certain #StarkSet sees our first L this season on Sunday :sadcam:
We will, but that's an L I'm willing to take :to:.....:demonic:

Let's be real, rickon was a d-league call up for us when Robb got offed, and he has yet to see any playing time, time for them deavors :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
M____ is the Manderly's, FYI

They control White Harbor, the biggest port in the northeast