Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Since everyone else is laying their gripes/confusions, I'll lay mine:

I get why Davos did a 180 on Mel and magic, but what I don't get is why he's not concerned about his boy Stannis and his girl Shireen. They've shown how close he was to those two over the past 4 seasons yet he is not questioning why the Red Woman left their sides? Stannis left them in dire straights. suffering in the cold, low on food and horses. Shortly thereafter, Mel shows up to Castle Black all downtrodden and he doesn't think to question the well being of the closest thing to family he has left?
Only thing I can think of that its been 2 days total in those 3 episodes and since Jon died he hasn't had much time to process everything

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
When Thoros brought Beric back to life a few minutes after the Hound killed him was that too easy as well? Was it too easy when Thoros was just saying a prayer over his dead friend's body and brought him back to life without even know he could or was it lazy writing? Just because it isn't as epic as you would've liked doesn't mean it's lazy writing.
Thoros also did it right away. the amount of time is a factor in another resurrection that happens in the book

my thing is that trivializing resurrection creates a rather slippery slope. it needs to at least involve some sort of limitations, as well as a sacrifice/loss. if Thoros/Mel just ask The Lord of Light (R'hllor) for this favor, maybe The Lord of Light has a reason for choosing to comply. Beric was also able to light his sword on fire with what seemed like magic, so perhaps he was already on R'hllor's good side (for whatever reason). it remains to be seen how this will affect Jon, and what connection he may have with R'hllor

Daps
He does question about Stannis and Shireen. Mel gives him the "they are dead look" and walks away silently. That happened in S05E10

He still has to find out HOW shireen died, but he knows she died
I'd think he'd press further for answers, but that lends credence to the complaints about Davos being the one to champion Mel to save Jon. Why would he have any faith in her after she just let down Stannis and Shireen??

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'd think he'd press further for answers, but that lends credence to the complaints about Davos being the one to champion Mel to save Jon. Why would he have any faith in her after she just let down Stannis and Shireen??
Because he has seen her do crazy shyt before with his own two eyes. He says as much. He believes in her power even if he doesn't care much for her god.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Those are your own expectations that you set up

The show did not set them up. The show set him up to be brought back EXACTLY the way he was. From Beric Dondarrion all the way to Mel losing her faith exactly like Thoros did

Its the fans own fault if they were disappointed.

I rewatched it last night, now that the expectations were gone, and it was much better scene. I thought it was boring at first, but now I feel its spot on

Try a rewatch, and think about all the context.

NOTHING pointed to Jon being resurrected in the flames. That would be unprecedented and lacking logic. But we were all too hyped up and blinded to see it

Dudes want to jump the gun on the Targaryen shyt. They saw Dany in flames they want to see Jon in flames

I'll admit that yea, my opinion is based on my belief that Jon is a targaryen. But it didn't necessarily even have to be a funeral pyre. I don't even necessarily "hate" the way they did it. I'm just saying I see the argument that it felt rushed or flat. Even the setup with davos of all ppl begging Mel for help just felt rushed. It was still great TV and it built up enough excitement in me but something more grandiose or dramatic would have been cool. Could have even been something as simple as Mel walking up to his body without being asked to, removing her robe and getting naked, and turning into an old lady in front of everyone before doing it. It just felt like it was missing a little something but again, it was still great TV.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
the ASOIAF books are amazing because they are so realistic, there's no good guy or bad guy, shyt just happens because of consequences that the characters didnt plan for. extremely realistic

the show fukks up by thinking the series should be "BAD GUY always wins, and GOOD GUY can die at any time!!" and its starting to get played out. The bad guy always wins shyt is just corny especially with Ramsay killing Roose even though in the books ramsay cant even LOOK Roose in the eyes thats how shook he is

itll be great seeing Jon Snow and the wildlings finally put an end to Ramsay but I have a bad feeling that when Jon Snow attacks Ramsay, Ramsay will have him beat until LittleFinger comes and saves the day :francis: seems like something they would do
You're acting like Ramsay doesn't do crazy shyt in the books, or that he isn't a straight up bad guy. You trying to say what he did with Theon, Sir Rodrick, ain't some OP Ramsay always wins shyt? And most book readers, including the people that help George edit and keep track of his material (Linda and Elio) believe Ramsay will kill Roose in the books. Roose is already convinced in the books that Ramsay will kill any heir he has.

Daps
Because he has seen her do crazy shyt before with his own two eyes. He says as much. He believes in her power even if he doesn't care much for her god.
Yes, and that would make sense if it weren't right after her power failed Stannis and Shireen. Seems that failure would've turned him into even more of a cynic. He saw her crazy shyt four seasons ago, her failure is fresh

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Yea its another small altho legitimate beef some ppl have with it. At the very least they should have had a short scene with davos questioning her and cursing her out about her false visions.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Yes, and that would make sense if it weren't right after her power failed Stannis and Shireen. Seems that failure would've turned him into even more of a cynic. He saw her crazy shyt four seasons ago, her failure is fresh

from his point of view it was her prophecy that failed not her actual magic

davos i think is a completely empty man, he lost his son and he lost his king, he has nothing left to live for and helping jon is his way to fill a void

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Davos has always been meh on her visions but he has openly admitted than the Red Woman's magic is real. And about him not confronting Mel about Shireen yet, I think it makes sense why. Look at the order of events.

1. Mel comes back to the wall depressed. Davos has never seen her like this. He lets her get a chance to grieve.
2. When the news gets out that Stannis is dead (who was Jons biggest supporter), Thorne gathers up some dudes and they kill Jon that same night.
3. Davos hears howling and goes outside to find Jon dead.
Then episode 1 and 2 happens in a span of what, 12 hours or so, with Davos locked up in a room for the majority of it?

Davos hasn't had time to press Mel on exactly what happened. But based on what Liam Cunningham has said in interviews, that will happen this season.

Last edited:
Daps
Yea its another small altho legitimate beef some ppl have with it. At the very least they should have had a short scene with davos questioning her and cursing her out about her false visions.
Yea, it's small indeed. He explains his reasoning in his speech to Mel, and I'm perfectly fine accepting his explanation, I just thought it should've included some acknowledgement of her failing his king and princess who he's shown devotion to since the day we meet him. Especially since that failure just happened