Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I personally think they're building Jon up to be a new Night's King. Losing a part of himself to the point where he completely switches sides.

That would be cool as fukk...bring him back just for him to switch sides.

Daps
1). I figured that "Kinslaying" was a petty big taboo within the ASOIF verse, of course there are those who don't give a fukk (i.e. Jamie, Euron) but I figured it was a deep enough thing where a complete stranger would at least :scust: at it. That Karstark dude was LITERALLY:yeshrug: and stood by silently.

2). I thought it was pretty well known that Ramsay had a reputation for being bat-shyt crazy. That's why his father was constantly trying to school him. This is a dude who mutilated the last heir of the Iron-Born and raped and terrorized Sansa Stark, two potentially high value wards/captives that could've been used as chess pieces. Even the fat ass wife and child could've been used to his advantage without killing them. Ramsay makes seemingly good short term decisions, but absolutely TERRIBLE long term decisions. Again, who in their right mind would follow such a leader? Even a young Karstark's dude isn't going to just see this as longtime term beneficial partnership' everybody knows the tale of the "Mad King" and the terror he wrought, the North is just supposed to be cool following this sick fukk?

1) The Karstark wasn't :yeshrug: about it...he wasn't :merchant: about it either: Clearly he was in on it!!! Compare his reaction to the Maester's reaction. He even chides the Maester for not putting respek on Ramsay's name!!!

And it's perfectly plausible they'd connect. It was Ramsay who went out to get support from the other Northern houses, not Roose. A few seasons ago, Roose scolded Ramsay for flaying a Northern Lord for not recognizing Boltons as wardens. Roose preached about the value in getting them on their side through alliances rather than instilling fear in everyone. Couple that with the age similarities, it's easy to see how the two would click and be on some 'fukk the old heads' shyt.

2) It's well known amongst the Boltons that Ramsay is nuts, but they've never hinted that any other house knew. Not Robb, Not Cat. And you could argue that the Karstark was dumb to align with Ramsay, but did the young Karstark strike you as a particularly wise individual??? Furthermore, I'd argue that aligning with Roose would be just as, if not even worse. Roose was not only demonic, but he was far more calculating than Ramsay.

This is why the show is trash at times IMO. Couple weeks ago we saw the Sand Snakes murk a royal family in Dorne and nobody did shyt about it. Now we see a legitimized b*stard kill his father and nobody got shyt to say about that either. There's no logic to this, and it's not how the world works. It's lazy ass writing man. You're gonna tell me Roose, who has outsmarted everyone thus far, don't got loyal guards with him and his fukking wife/baby at all times? Or that the maester couldn't just tell some Roose loyalists and then they murk Ramsay for being a fukkboy.

shyt is so convenient and lazy....

Regarding the Sand Snakes, Ellaria gave a speech which EXPLICITLY explained how out of touch Doran was with Dornish people. They were tired ,embarrassed, angry with his weak leadership . They wanted justice for his sister and Oberyn. The direction of that scene made it a point to show all the many guardsmen in the garden that day who stood by to watch Doran die. I don't understand why it is so hard for y'all to accept what they are telling you. If they waste screen time showing Ellaria plotting and gaining support from Dornish officials, y'all would be complaining they are dragging with the Dornish storyline (just check the season 5 thread).

Regarding Ramsay/Roose....you really think the Maester has the balls to do that???? They've, again, already EXPLICITLY stated how scared the Maester (and most of the Bolton people) are of Ramsay. At the Kennelmaster's daughter's bedside, Ramsay remarks how she was not scared of ~13 year old Ramsay despite fact that by that time nearly everyone else was, then he looks at the Maester and say "you surely were :youngsabo:" and the Maester quivers. Outside of Miranda, Roose is probably the only other person in that castle not scared of Ramsay. Sure he has loyal guardsmen at his side, but he doesn't feel the need to have him there when he's simply meeting with his son and a snot nosed Karstark.

The books are no longer their to provide backstory and context, you're just gonna have to rely on the clues D&D are showing you. As long as it's plausible, complaining about it makes no sense.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Fact of the matter is the Starks have a long track record of getting caught up in their feelings and starting wars. Those wars make cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Westorosi.

Oh, my sister ran off with some dude I better start a war
Oh, my best friend's son isn't really his let me start a war
Oh, I don't want to marry this girl I should probably start a war

Real leaders are accountable to their people, not just themselves and their misguided codes.

I'll give u Robb, but he was like 15 in the original story. Everybody in here done some really dumb shyt at 15 lol.

As for Brandon, he may have been a little too quick to act, but he was just told his sister was kidnapped so his reaction as a big brother was understandable. The problem was the king was insane. Not his fault and he didn't set out to start a war, the mad king did.

And Ned's mistake in that situation was trying to avoid violence by warning cersei. So I'll kind of give u half of that point

Daps
Because the young Karstark was like "What did your Lord tell you?":birdman:without looking surprised or scared tells me that he was privy to Ramsay's intentions before it happened. But the show is starting to make a bad habit out of eschewing set-up scenes and leaving them for off-screen speculation so that the culmination of an event can be "shocking." What made the shocking moments so great in past seasons were the setups. If they want to show that the Karstark is on board with Ramsay, they should have a set-up scene of him and Ramsay politicking an episode before. They don't have to flat have Ramsay say "I'm going to kill Roose," but they could show them eating dinner or feeding the dogs or whatever, having a conversation about the line of succession, or their places in their family hierarchy, or heck even reminding the audience who the hell the Karstarks are, and having Ramsay symphatize with the Young Karstarks plight. Show the audience that they at least have a rapport, or that Karstark has his back. That way when Ramsay kills Roose and the Karstark is like :smugdraper: instead of :scust:, you can hark back to the set-up. Same thing with Elaria killing Doran, while the guards just look on. They should have had a few scenes of her at the very least talking to the guards back in season 5 or whatever, or show scenes of the populace shytting on Doran and openly saying how much they like the Sand Snakes.

That's one of the annoying things about the writing the past few seasons. There has always been kinslaying in the show, but it was always set up more eloquently, like Littlefinger convincing Lysa to kill Jon Arryn, and often involved a middle man, like Cersei having Lancel get Robert drunk on the hunting trip. Now it's just nikkas stabbing Lords in broad daylight or leading fat chicks to be devoured by dogs in broad daylight.:mjlol:

It's why I said before this season began that this would be an amazing season of highpoints, but the plotting would probably still be inconsistent or mediocre, at least compared to the stuff in earlier seasons. These aren't plot holes because they don't contradict anything, but they are information gaps, where we are forced to speculate why something happened the way it did instead of having a scene to point to.

These are good points, but the problem is, if they show all these set-up scenes then people are complaining about the show dragging. I can't believe people are actually asking for more Dornish scenes, especially after last season's complaints.

This show has ALWAYS depended on non-show materials (mainly the books, but also the folklore videos they've added to DVD box sets that are on youtbue, wikia's and messageboards) to contextualize the story. That hasn't changed. So-called "gaps in information" have been there throughout every single season. The story is just too tearse to fit into 60 minute episodes. You have to accept what they're showing and telling you with dialogue and context clues.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I personally think they're building Jon up to be a new Night's King. Losing a part of himself to the point where he completely switches sides.

I like that.
Night's Watch didn't appreciate what Jon was trying to do so its
3yXMRYa.gif

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Good episode overall.
Melissandra went from seeing a man coming back from the dead once and not knowing how to do that to resurrecting Jon real quick tho. :francis:
So were we supposed to see a training montage of her trying to bring people back to life?
The funny thing is Thoros said it himself that he never even knew it was possible the 1st time it he resurrected Beric but I bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody was complaining about that.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Whole episode was about family,old family and new family
Starkset Wolf Gang Kill them All back! Man What a time...to be alive! :blessed: Literally.

Professor B back. Looking like a dark haired Dirk Nowitzki. He better warg a horse to that cave cause Hodor not carry no grown ass man on his back

Hodor wasn't always a simpleton? Watchu talking bout Willis?:wtb: No seriously, What do you be talking about Willis? I understand Chewbacca and Lassie more than I understand Hodor. Son minus whale be a mute.

Davos solidified his spot as a top 5 character. Might have to start a #Onionset out in these westeros streets :wow:

Edd rolled through them doors with the building crushers, OG Wun Two Times ate that arrow like a scooby snack then treated dude like a mosquito on some boy if you don't get....

Westeros Dane Cook said Cersei wanted some head from him. Guess she got it :lolbron: Dude got killed over some p*ssy that he never even had,talk about a L.

All tommen wanted to do was Margery and they took that away from him.You a teenage boy full of hormones with a freak at your disposal then they take that away from you of course you gonna turn into the second coming of joffrey. Lack of sex can turn any man demonic.

Jamie went from being with the shyts to being like Oh shyt:merchant: Old school Jamie would've took his chances but the man with the golden hand wanted no parts of that. Castle security looking real Larry Holmes right now too. They had 100 dudes watching Cersei door and nobody watching any other one. Bernie Sanders walked in like he lived there.

Tyrion is the real life embodiment of Ned Stark saying a man can only be brave when he's afraid. He went to war multiple times, talked shyt in two trials with his life on the line, now walks into a basement with starving dragons looking at him like a mcnugget and had a conversation.

Wanted to make the Roose Chickens came home to Roost but somebody already did. He set the trend of shanking the leader of the north in the gut while hugging him. Its all fun and games until it happens to you. He picked a great time to tell Reese not to be a psycho :heh: Can't unring that bell. Where was he when dude was doing pyschotic shyt at the dreadfort all the time? Whats up with white people raising psychos and telling them that they're good kids. I was waiting for Ramsay to spike the baby like a football when he was holding him but he played it cool. shyt looked like a DMX video :scust: Dude had to get the fukkboy first place back from Follie.

Snowman got hit with that reanimation jutsu. We knew it was coming but still was dope. Glad they saved us from the fire plot hole too.The conversation that Davos and Red Beard had with their eyes was like :francis:.........:beli: . Only way out the nights watch is death so Snowman can do whatever the fukk he wants now. Hope the first thing he does is put ghost in Follie and Thornes cells.

Y'all front on the catfish red witch if you want to but every name she said when she put those leeches in the fire in season 3 is dead now.The night really is dark and full of terrors :merchant: Really might be just one true god.

Now that we got snowman out the way we can get back to stannis. Its looking real shaky in these westeros streets for stannis set but we ain't see no body and we got a episode named oath breaker coming up. We can only hope that the one true king of westeros is out there.

Tower of Joy next week. Going to be top 5. :wow: These 7 days going to be longer than the second week when you get paid bi-weekly and got a over drafted bank account :mjcry:
:dead:
I had to read that minus part out loud to understand it:russ:
Them Coli nicknames strike again....Bernie Sanders:mjlol: when that start?
He actually do live in the Sept tho. Cersei was being kept in the Red Keep

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So were we supposed to see a training montage of her trying to bring people back to life?
The funny thing is Thoros said it himself that he never even knew it was possible the 1st time it he resurrected Beric but I bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody was complaining about that.

case of lazy writing breh. imo they brought him back to easy. Sir Davos who never wanted anything to do with whatever kind of magic just knocked on Melissandra's door and convinces her to try it (why she never think of it herself?) and 5 min later snow is back. Going of the first ep. i expected the red woman to sacrifice herself or something to get him back but guess I was wrong.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:scust: at the recasts of three-eyed raven and leaf. i thought the children of the forest weren't supposed to age. the new raven lost his 'wizard look' and now resembles and older Barristan Selmy.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
This is why the show is trash at times IMO. Couple weeks ago we saw the Sand Snakes murk a royal family in Dorne and nobody did shyt about it. Now we see a legitimized b*stard kill his father and nobody got shyt to say about that either. There's no logic to this, and it's not how the world works. It's lazy ass writing man. You're gonna tell me Roose, who has outsmarted everyone thus far, don't got loyal guards with him and his fukking wife/baby at all times? Or that the maester couldn't just tell some Roose loyalists and then they murk Ramsay for being a fukkboy.

shyt is so convenient and lazy....
You realize only 2 people saw him kill Roose right? How soon are you expecting the fallout to occur? You expect the Maester to try and Ramsey how fukked up he is? The Karstark cat is with the shyts so it's whatever with him.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:mjcry: Arya Starks fall from grace, a young princess to a blind bum :wow:
i fukking HATE her storyline. she was by far the most charismatic character in the early seasons. a fan-favorite, full of life/energy and they just took all of that threw her in the bushes. she's been tortured for 2 seasons now breh. how much more must she endure? :mjcry:

Daps
case of lazy writing breh. imo they brought him back to easy. Sir Davos who never wanted anything to do with whatever kind of magic just knocked on Melissandra's door and convinces her to try it (why she never think of it herself?) and 5 min later snow is back. Going of the first ep. i expected the red woman to sacrifice herself or something to get him back but guess I was wrong.

Explain how they should've brought him back "harder"

And Davos did do a 180° on magic and the red woman....which is why they provided dialogue of him explaining his reasoning for his about face.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
When Thoros brought Beric back to life a few minutes after the Hound killed him was that too easy as well? Was it too easy when Thoros was just saying a prayer over his dead friend's body and brought him back to life without even know he could or was it lazy writing? Just because it isn't as epic as you would've liked doesn't mean it's lazy writing.