Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Because the young Karstark was like "What did your Lord tell you?":birdman:without looking surprised or scared tells me that he was privy to Ramsay's intentions before it happened. But the show is starting to make a bad habit out of eschewing set-up scenes and leaving them for off-screen speculation so that the culmination of an event can be "shocking." What made the shocking moments so great in past seasons were the setups. If they want to show that the Karstark is on board with Ramsay, they should have a set-up scene of him and Ramsay politicking an episode before. They don't have to flat have Ramsay say "I'm going to kill Roose," but they could show them eating dinner or feeding the dogs or whatever, having a conversation about the line of succession, or their places in their family hierarchy, or heck even reminding the audience who the hell the Karstarks are, and having Ramsay symphatize with the Young Karstarks plight. Show the audience that they at least have a rapport, or that Karstark has his back. That way when Ramsay kills Roose and the Karstark is like :smugdraper: instead of :scust:, you can hark back to the set-up. Same thing with Elaria killing Doran, while the guards just look on. They should have had a few scenes of her at the very least talking to the guards back in season 5 or whatever, or show scenes of the populace shytting on Doran and openly saying how much they like the Sand Snakes.

That's one of the annoying things about the writing the past few seasons. There has always been kinslaying in the show, but it was always set up more eloquently, like Littlefinger convincing Lysa to kill Jon Arryn, and often involved a middle man, like Cersei having Lancel get Robert drunk on the hunting trip. Now it's just nikkas stabbing Lords in broad daylight or leading fat chicks to be devoured by dogs in broad daylight.:mjlol:

It's why I said before this season began that this would be an amazing season of highpoints, but the plotting would probably still be inconsistent or mediocre, at least compared to the stuff in earlier seasons. These aren't plot holes because they don't contradict anything, but they are information gaps, where we are forced to speculate why something happened the way it did instead of having a scene to point to.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Live Posting Random Thoughts Doing A Rewatch:

• Recasted the 3 Eyed Raven and didnt even bother with the old makeup. :heh:. I liked him better old, but I think they just wanted to show off Max Von Sydow
  • My god, we really went to old Winterfell. Lyanna's entrance on the horse is PERFECT
  • Ned trying to get Benjen killed by Wyllis:deadrose:
  • The new redesigned Children of the Forest is fukking amazing and spot on. Old Gods:lawd:
  • Is anything better than the giants wrecking shop?:wow:
  • I love the Ser Robert Strong buildup. Payoff is gonna be spectacular
  • Jaime and the High Sparrow was tense and well written. If people still dont understand the Faith Militant....well, they arent paying attention
  • Tommen asking Cersei for help. Violent Tommen incoming?:leon:
  • Nobody is talking about Tyrion freeing the dragons, but the tension and comedy were entertaining. Dragons looked dope as usual. Dont eat the help:mjlol:
  • Thank god Arya looks to be near the end of her training. Its dragging
  • Roose's delivery "Murder the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch?" was the line of the night. That disgust:mjlol:
  • Theon refusing to be forgiven. His character arc is so damn complex:wow:
  • Euron Greyjoy is badass. Better than I expected. Finally Balon is dead, the FAKE leech magic all came true. Cool scene and long overdue

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Kingslaying doesn't count with Roose, because he's no where close to being a king :mjlol:. Don't assume the Karstarks suddenly have love for Roose because Robb fukked them over. It's likely they know their patriarch violated some codes too, and have divided loyalties btw Stark and whatever warden they get. Understand also that it was King's Landing that appointed this warden after the worst contemporary treachery the kingdom has known.

You really think the Karstark is going to die too?? :lolbron: For Roose??:russ:

They're just going with the flow for right now, so stop acting so surprised by his actions. These are lifetime warriors who have seen it all.

EDIT: Opps, you meant actual kinslaying. Someone else mistook Bolton for a king in here, which is why I said something. :yeshrug:

It still would've seemed completely normal to me that Ramsey struck when he did. The trigger was the birth of his brother, and everyone knows he used to be a b*stard. There was motive, and it's not like Roose is the most liked person in those parts. It didn't really need too much set up, while other plot points did imho.

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Because the young Karstark was like "What did your Lord tell you?":birdman:without looking surprised or scared tells me that he was privy to Ramsay's intentions before it happened. But the show is starting to make a bad habit out of eschewing set-up scenes and leaving them for off-screen speculation so that the culmination of an event can be "shocking." What made the shocking moments so great in past seasons were the setups. If they want to show that the Karstark is on board with Ramsay, they should have a set-up scene of him and Ramsay politicking an episode before. They don't have to flat have Ramsay say "I'm going to kill Roose," but they could show them eating dinner or feeding the dogs or whatever, having a conversation about the line of succession, or their places in their family hierarchy, or heck even reminding the audience who the hell the Karstarks are, and having Ramsay symphatize with the Young Karstarks plight. Show the audience that they at least have a rapport, or that Karstark has his back. That way when Ramsay kills Roose and the Karstark is like :smugdraper: instead of :scust:, you can hark back to the set-up. Same thing with Elaria killing Doran, while the guards just look on. They should have had a few scenes of her at the very least talking to the guards back in season 5 or whatever, or show scenes of the populace shytting on Doran and openly saying how much they like the Sand Snakes.

That's one of the annoying things about the writing the past few seasons. There has always been kinslaying in the show, but it was always set up more eloquently, like Littlefinger convincing Lysa to kill Jon Arryn, and often involved a middle man, like Cersei having Lancel get Robert drunk on the hunting trip. Now it's just nikkas stabbing Lords in broad daylight or leading fat chicks to be devoured by dogs in broad daylight.:mjlol:

It's why I said before this season began that this would be an amazing season of highpoints, but the plotting would probably still be inconsistent or mediocre, at least compared to the stuff in earlier seasons. These aren't plot holes because they don't contradict anything, but they are information gaps, where we are forced to speculate why something happened the way it did instead of having a scene to point to.

Being in this thread since the season started and damn near 100% of the time when folks post what they would do to improve a scene it's some bullshyt they coming with.

Your suggestions actually make sense.

Daps
Reppin
Iowa
Melisandre saw Winterfell being taken back, by Jon, in the flames. Ramsey is keyed on getting Sansa back, having the game plan written by his soon departed dad. He's going to the wall, very soon, and I don't think scouts have told him about the Wildings yet.

Ramsay is a very overpowered villain though. It's likely that the first salvo is lobbed at the Wall, then the fukkery leads back to Winterfell. I see the Bolton army easily beating a bunch of savages.

Only way you really have a 1v1, with Jon directly taking on Ramsey, is if Ramsey doesn't believe there's a lot of people at the wall, and goes with his gang of 20 again. If we goes with even 1/4th of his troops, the Watch are some flayed mfkers.

Hmmm I wonder what petyr is up to as well as olenna I forgot they were last seen together, BTW with sansa gone not having REAL north allies and roose dead not having a good mind to rule, ramsey is basically doomed especially when frey finds out.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Good episode overall.
Melissandra went from seeing a man coming back from the dead once and not knowing how to do that to resurrecting Jon real quick tho. :francis:

I wanna complain about this... but I'm not really mad. We don't know what type of mindset snow gonna be on. He could be normal good ol jon, but he might just be on some wild shyt.

Let's not forget, he's no longer tied to the wall since he technically died. Hes now free to do whatever he feels like doing, maybe even ride into kings landing

Mels just doing her thing, but considering that shes gonna find out the fire god is riding with her even more so now than ever, I expect for the quick resurrection to pay off in overall fukkery

listen to what thoros of myr says, he juste says the words and the lord of light brings him back

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Ramsay a dumbass. Ain't Walda that Fray guys daughter?:mjlol:

His play should have been let me kill Sansa then just marry Walda:dwillhuh:

fukking dummie
He's an idiot and lacks the strategic brilliance of his father. He operates on pure, twisted emotion and is all brawn, which is why his reign on top will be short like leprechauns.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think about it brehs, how the same tv show gon have the unanimous most hated tv villain ever (Joffrey)

Then turn around and have a guy who is so much worse its not even funny :why: Ramsey has literally no redeeming qualities what so ever :why:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think about it brehs, how the same tv show gon have the unanimous most hated tv villain ever (Joffrey)

Then turn around and have a guy who is so much worse its not even funny :why: Ramsey has literally no redeeming qualities what so ever :why: