Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
I don't think a single episode has ever gotten me this excited. It was hard to sleep last night because I was so amped up.

So many pieces moving and so much uncertainty. End game is coming:ohlawd:
Exactly how I was feeling. This week is going to be torture.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U been trying to throw dirt on my man Ned's name for like 4 seasons now :birdman:

Ned couldn't come after the boltons because he couldn't prove the allegations and u don't wanna be the Lord who's punishing your vassals for unsubstantiated rumors. That's the quickest way to lose their loyalty. What's to stop the boltons from accusing somebody else of doing fukked up shyt if they know Ned just gonna take their word and behead them?

When he had proof of Jorah Mormont selling slaves, he came after him and his justice chased Jorah off the damn continent.

As for him joining the rebellion, how could he not? He gonna refuse to join his best friend in rebellion and forgive the man who murdered his father and brother? Ned had no choice in that matter. He would have lost all credibility as a man and Lord and would have been knocked off as warden of the North in no time.

Ned is one of the very very few characters whose character cannot be questioned, much less by a self admitted lannisters Stan :scust:

Fact of the matter is the Starks have a long track record of getting caught up in their feelings and starting wars. Those wars make cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Westorosi.

Oh, my sister ran off with some dude I better start a war
Oh, my best friend's son isn't really his let me start a war
Oh, I don't want to marry this girl I should probably start a war

Real leaders are accountable to their people, not just themselves and their misguided codes.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How do we know shireen's burning wasn't the sacrifice needed? :youngsabo: i mean the magic never really works 100% the way the caster intended it to...

:pachaha: nah i'm semi serious with that...there's an outside chance of that being the truth but i doubt the lord of light stocks up on sacrifices like a batman utility belt lol
I was actually gonna say something about how a major theme in this story has been that magic is real, but people struggle to figure out exactly how it works

is there one ultimate 'power' behind: Melisandre's shadow baby, Bran seeing through Weirwoods, whatever Varys saw when they burned his man-parts, White Walkers, FrankenMountain, resurrections, various Faceless Men tricks, Dragons, etc?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
via reddit:

rVq5HQw.gif

we need a 'negged' version :pachaha:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
So it doesn't actually happen? Got it. My point stands.
No it doesn't. Point is that Ned didn't know about the things Roose did and Roose specifically made it a point to make sure he didn't find out. Ned was Warden of the north, not Varys. The North is huge, no way for Ned to know every little thing going on, especially if its peace and the people appear to be fine

MrSinnister

Daps
No it doesn't. Point is that Ned didn't know about the things Roose did and Roose specifically made it a point to make sure he didn't find out. Ned was Warden of the north, not Varys. The North is huge, no way for Ned to know every little thing going on, especially if its peace and the people appear to be fine
Yeah, people pretend that everyday fukkery isn't going on in every land. Medieval people are like glorified carnies ffs. They just make a bunch of codes to keep from having to kill each other in masse. One is you need to be sure before you accuse people of shyt. Roose did his dirt on the low.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't care how much people wanna defend last season this was the first time in forever where every storyline was interesting and is actually heading somewhere

MrSinnister

Daps
I see no one repping or quoting my OFFICIAL power rankings :stopitslime:. I'm about to have to start raining ether on #snowset

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
It's always hilarious to watch stark stans perform mental gymnastics to try and preserve "honor" and ignore the realities of power in a brutal world.

Like Ned didn't didn't betray his King to seize power
Like Ned isn't basically a kingslayer just like Jaime (idgaf who swung the sword, they all knew the endgame)
Like Ned isn't a huge part of the reason Elia got raped and murdered and they tried to kill the baby Targs
Like the Starks don't benefit from having a savage like Roose on the team
Like Robb didn't nudge nudge wink wink okay Ramsey torturing people

Only difference between Ned and any of the rest of them is that Ned has convinced himself he is a good person.

:dahell:
- Ned went to war after his king tortured and murdered his brother, father and friends. AFTER (to his knowledge) they went to demand justice because the prince kidnapped his sister. Not only that but Ned was basically a kid at that point and half the kingdom rose up against the Targs including Jon Arryn who was basically his father at that point
- Ned wasn't sworn to protect the king, Jaime was although I agree that Ned was stupid with how much he judged him for it
- :dahell: Ned wasn't there when that happened and would never have consented to that. That was all Tywin
- They didn't benefit from any of Roose's savagery. He was a military commander. They didn't know how savage he was and actually it led to their downfall
- Robb didn't know Ramsay existed until Roose told him his b*stard could take the castle back, at which point his brothers and everyone he cared about was there presumably being held hostage. Don't think he knew anything about torture but I wouldn't blame him if he cosigned it in that situation