Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
2. Niccas mad that the way jon came back? :martin: nicca what you expect?! How did the other nicca in season 3 come back? Was their fireworks and explosions...no fool....just a few holy words and belief...
again, I think most people assumed he would come back, and it would be Melisandre's doing, but it seemed out of character for Davos to be the one to come up with the idea. he's openly shunned Melisandre and her magic

not only did Davos come up with the idea, he was also able to convince her she could do it. how did he know this was possible, or within her abilities? I know she was down and out, and generally doubting herself, but even back when she was overly confident about her abilities, she never came up with the idea to resurrect someone? obviously that would have been a convenient solution to many problems she's faced in her many years

as far as fireworks and such, most of her previous magic has specifically involved 'King's Blood'. I mean she burned a little girl alive to... uh... give Stannis good luck? you would think that bringing a dead person back to life would also involve some kind of sacrifice. yeah Thoros did it with just some words, but again, that hasn't been the style of Melisandre's magic

but whatever. it will be interesting going forward to see how this effects Melisandre's confidence. and if there will be any drawbacks for Jon

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Stannis was the show before the show so his storyline was important. We needed Stannis to fall so Jon could rise kinda thing, he was there to hold it down when the true heir wasn't yet ready. Stories need heroes and villains before THE pivotal hero and villain, it gives a much needed depth to the world.

Also, he helped flesh out some of the lore and it gave us Davos and Melisandre. Stannis did his thing in holding us over.

9k=.jpg

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
It's always hilarious to watch stark stans perform mental gymnastics to try and preserve "honor" and ignore the realities of power in a brutal world.

Like Ned didn't didn't betray his King to seize power
Like Ned isn't basically a kingslayer just like Jaime (idgaf who swung the sword, they all knew the endgame)
Like Ned isn't a huge part of the reason Elia got raped and murdered and they tried to kill the baby Targs
Like the Starks don't benefit from having a savage like Roose on the team
Like Robb didn't nudge nudge wink wink okay Ramsey torturing people

Only difference between Ned and any of the rest of them is that Ned has convinced himself he is a good person.
Tell half truths brehs.....Ned wrote "rightful heir" instead of Joffrey becasue he knew Joffrey was a b*stard born of incest, not becasue he wanted the throne for himself.

It wasn't Ned's sworn duty to protect the Mad King. Jamie was a member of the Kingsguard. That's like a secret service member taking out Obama.

Yep, blame Ned for not showing up in KL to be burned alive by the Mad King. Blame Ned for kidnapping Lyanna forcing Robert to say enough of this bullshyt.

#4 I'll give you that one

Robb never ok'd flaying as far as I remember, could be wrong on that

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Nah, his new book is definitely going to be different. He's even confirmed that Stan is was still alive and well. We're in an alternate universe, for better or worst, right now. You can't connect the two story arcs like you could in previous seasons. They're permanent divergences, while GRRM may have a varying role in crafting them.

I think he just tries to keep character consistency and lets D&D do the rest.
I think the end game will be roughly the same, but how they get there will be different

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
again, I think most people assumed he would come back, and it would be Melisandre's doing, but it seemed out of character for Davos to be the one to come up with the idea. he's openly shunned Melisandre and her magic

not only did Davos come up with the idea, he was also able to convince her she could do it. how did he know this was possible, or within her abilities? I know she was down and out, and generally doubting herself, but even back when she was overly confident about her abilities, she never came up with the idea to resurrect someone? obviously that would have been a convenient solution to many problems she's faced in her many years

as far as fireworks and such, most of her previous magic has specifically involved 'Kings Blood'. I mean she burned a little girl alive to... uh... give Stannis good luck? you would think that bringing a dead person back to life would also involve some kind of sacrifice. yeah Thoros did it with just some words, but again, that hasn't been the style of Melisandre's magic

but whatever. it will be interesting going forward to see how this effects Melisandre's confidence. and if there will be any drawbacks for Jon
Yeah he's never been a fan of hers but he knows she has powerful magic. He didn't know she could it. Remember he asked if it was possible.

Melisandre wouldn't come up with the idea because she just failed her king and cost him and his whole family their lives. Then she gets home to cry and sees Jon pop up dead even though she saw him fighting at Winterfell. The end of episode 1 showed that had completely given up on herself so there's no way she would be like "hey let try something I've never done before right after I've 2 of the biggest fukk-ups doing something I was good at".

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
It's always hilarious to watch stark stans perform mental gymnastics to try and preserve "honor" and ignore the realities of power in a brutal world.

Like Ned isn't basically a kingslayer just like Jaime (idgaf who swung the sword, they all knew the endgame)
Like Ned isn't a huge part of the reason Elia got raped and murdered and they tried to kill the baby Targs

Only difference between Ned and any of the rest of them is that Ned has convinced himself he is a good person.
Breh. Nobody cares. Shut the fukk up

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
is there any #blackset or did they kill them all off, the last dark brother on the show was stabbed in the back

Daps

Tell half truths brehs.....Ned wrote "rightful heir" instead of Joffrey becasue he knew Joffrey was a b*stard born of incest, not becasue he wanted the throne for himself.

It wasn't Ned's sworn duty to protect the Mad King. Jamie was a member of the Kingsguard. That's like a secret service member taking out Obama.

Yep, blame Ned for not showing up in KL to be burned alive by the Mad King. Blame Ned for kidnapping Lyanna forcing Robert to say enough of this bullshyt.

#4 I'll give you that one

Robb never ok'd flaying as far as I remember, could be wrong on that

Robb never condoned flaying, he explicitly checked Roose on that. I'm not sure what that Targ inbred is talking about. Robb ok'd Roose sending Ramsay to take Winterfell from Theon. He never ok'd Theon's torture. In fact Roose lied and told Robb Theon fled before Ramsay got to Winterfell.

And don't give him #4. Ned didn't allow their shenanigans. If the Bolton's were intent on keeping their demonic ways, he would've ran them off to Essos like he did Jorah. If Starks didn't have scruples, don't you think they would've wanted to keep a skilled warrior like Jorah on their squad?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

as far as fireworks and such, most of her previous magic has specifically involved 'King's Blood'. I mean she burned a little girl alive to... uh... give Stannis good luck? you would think that bringing a dead person back to life would also involve some kind of sacrifice. yeah Thoros did it with just some words, but again, that hasn't been the style of Melisandre's magic

How do we know shireen's burning wasn't the sacrifice needed? :youngsabo: i mean the magic never really works 100% the way the caster intended it to...

:pachaha: nah i'm semi serious with that...there's an outside chance of that being the truth but i doubt the lord of light stocks up on sacrifices like a batman utility belt lol

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Nah. I'm saying that he was a hypocrite. As a leader, ignoring brutal actions doesn't absolve you of your responsibility for them - especially if you benefit from them. Why did Ned apply a standard to Tywin that he didn't apply to himself?

U been trying to throw dirt on my man Ned's name for like 4 seasons now :birdman:

Ned couldn't come after the boltons because he couldn't prove the allegations and u don't wanna be the Lord who's punishing your vassals for unsubstantiated rumors. That's the quickest way to lose their loyalty. What's to stop the boltons from accusing somebody else of doing fukked up shyt if they know Ned just gonna take their word and behead them?

When he had proof of Jorah Mormont selling slaves, he came after him and his justice chased Jorah off the damn continent.

As for him joining the rebellion, how could he not? He gonna refuse to join his best friend in rebellion and forgive the man who murdered his father and brother? Ned had no choice in that matter. He would have lost all credibility as a man and Lord and would have been knocked off as warden of the North in no time.

Ned is one of the very very few characters whose character cannot be questioned, much less by a self admitted lannisters Stan :scust:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah he's never been a fan of hers but he knows she has powerful magic. He didn't know she could it. Remember he asked if it was possible.

and her initial answer was pretty much "no". but then he kept trying to convince her it could be done

last episode, when he said she might be able to help, I assumed he meant her helping them defend themselves against Thorne and crew. turns out he didn't need her for that (when I first heard all that noise in this episode, I though she was up to something)

and imagine if she did bring Jon back before Throne and crew were defeated. that's kinda how I thought it was gonna go down: Jon comes back, helps fight off Thorne, and then the Wildings show up to secure a victory

with Thorne already defeated, I would expect Davos to be rather practical about the fact Jon is dead, and they need to move on. Tormund was ready to set up a pyre, and burn him

Melisandre wouldn't come up with the idea because she just failed her king and cost him and his whole family their lives. Then she gets home to cry and sees Jon pop up dead even though she saw him fighting at Winterfell. The end of episode 1 showed that had completely given up on herself so there's no way she would be like "hey let try something I've never done before right after I've 2 of the biggest fukk-ups doing something I was good at".

I was thinking she might sacrifice herself in one last ditch effort to do something worthwhile. or see something within him that would let her know it was possible, and/or needed to be done

but like I said, it will still be interesting going forward, as there could still be more to this then what we've seen so far