Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Euron :blessed:

Also, I don't get this vehement hatred of Olly. Dude literally watched his family and friends get murdered (and probably eaten later on) by Thenns ... of course he hates Wildlings, and doesn't want to help them. Thorne has always been a prick, but give Olly a break ... he's a child and had to go through that.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
But that is the thing...Joffrey got away with his bullshyt not because Joffrey was awesome at being bad but because the little fukker was the king. He wasn't shown as being smarter than characters who we have been shown are supposed to be smart as fukk in their own right.
Stannis and Roose may not be fan favorites but they were also supposed to be capable, experienced leaders yet they both got housed by this creepy little fukker with hardly any effort on his part.
And it doesn't make sense. He isn't going to have people just take his side like that because he's an absolute maniac. The fact that he has Roose's people on his side out of nowhere makes zero sense. Who in their right mind would align with that manic over Roose?

Daps
I was told there is a game of thrones thread that lays out the relationships between characters and maybe the motives of the characters. Can someone provide a link if it exists?

Not sure what thread you're talking about, but GOT wikia is very good at providing clarity and backstory to what you've seen. Things that the show may have glossed over.

Game of Thrones Wiki

And it stays current, so no need to worry about spoilers (although I don't think there's much left to spoil from the books, if anything)

Daps
Also, I don't get this vehement hatred of Olly. Dude literally watched his family and friends get murdered (and probably eaten later on) by Thenns ... of course he hates Wildlings, and doesn't want to help them. Thorne has always been a prick, but give Olly a break ... he's a child and had to go through that.

Yea, Olly hate is a byproduct of the view from the way the story is told.

When youv step back and think about it, he's probably the only one with a legitimate reason to not want to live in Jon Snow's Westeros.

The other Nights Watch folks are mad cuz Wildlings killed their brothers, but they were at war. Wildlings killed Crows, Crows killed Wildlings. That's how that goes. Olly and his people had nothing to do with that, they just got caught in the crossfire. And the very people who did it (Tormund and them) are the people Jon Snow is hugging and shyt.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Yea, Olly hate is a byproduct of the view from the way the story is told.

When youv step back and think about it, he's probably the only one with a legitimate reason to not want to live in Jon Snow's Westeros.

The other Nights Watch folks are mad cuz Wildlings killed their brothers, but they were at war. Wildlings killed Crows, Crows killed Wildlings. That's how that goes. Olly and his people had nothing to do with that, they just got caught in the crossfire. And the very people who did it (Tormund and them) are the people Jon Snow is hugging and shyt.
I thought it was that crazy wildling sect that had all those scars on their face and body that attacked ollys home

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And it doesn't make sense. He isn't going to have people just take his side like that because he's an absolute maniac. The fact that he has Roose's people on his side out of nowhere makes zero sense. Who in their right mind would align with that manic over Roose?
Yeah his killing his father in front of the CarStark dude and him just going :manny: is bullshyt too.
He isn't the type of guy who should be engendering this type of immediate loyalty from people.

Daps
I thought it was that crazy wildling sect that had all those scars on their face and body that attacked ollys home

The Thens were there too, but it was the contingent that jumped the wall with Jon. Led by Tormund. I think it was Jon's chick who murdered his parents by arrow, that's why Olly killed her when she was standing by Jon at Castle Black

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Euron :blessed:

Olly sucks just because the character didn't work. Just another moody pre-teen. Yea his motivations make sense but all of the NW seemed like idiots murking Jon in the show. The wildlings are already south of the wall and the only one that can deal with them was Jon. How'd they think the Wildlings would react when they kill Jon specifically for letting them through? You think they'll just assume the NW would honor their agreement? Not only that but they're mad shortsighted if they don't get Jon's point that tens of thousands of dead wildlings fighting for the Walkers is something they can't fight so why not have them on your side? The book gave another, more legit reason for the mutiny but this was a bit thin.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Young-Jeezy-Snowman-Logo-psd86501.png
I can't even with y'all nikkas :dead: