Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
where was hot pie :dwillhuh:
Answer us , D&D. :damn:
It's a good thing GOT airs in the spring :whew:
Facts. :to:

Blood the episode sucked, no dragons, no bran, no little finger, we don't know what happened to the dogs, jon wasn't resurrected, how is grey worm doing, where are the white walkers, how come they have net entered westeros, you telling me we don't get to see where the wildlings are living, where's rickon? Where's the boy!
:russ:
That's really what this has become at this point.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dorne plot, Arya plot, Lannister/Kings Landing plot, Brienne plot, dragon girl plot are all :russell:

Once they started getting rid of the characters who carried the show such as Joffrey, Stannis, Tywin and Jon Snow the whole thing should have started to wrap. Instead it feels like we're still 3 seasons away from the main White Walker battle even after the hardholme episode :snoop:

Tyrion's also :trash: without Tywin.
Hmm, I don't see how you can want to toss Arya, Dany, and the lannister plots. They may not be eye popping (no pun intended) every time they're on screen, but it's clear they're building up to be some of the most important pieces in the end. Can they do it better, possibly, haven't read the books so maybe it's mirroring the books, but cutting them is absurd

And tyrion is dope across the board, him in the eyrie, he made traveling with Jorah bearable, him and varys....how can you say he's trash without tywin...negativo

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole thing just feels unnecessarily convoluted now. All of these new characters should have been done in a spin-off or Plot B show whilst taking some of the original ones with them.

Dorne plot, Arya plot, Lannister/Kings Landing plot, Brienne plot, dragon girl plot are all :russell:

Once they started getting rid of the characters who carried the show such as Joffrey, Stannis, Tywin and Jon Snow the whole thing should have started to wrap. Instead it feels like we're still 3 seasons away from the main White Walker battle even after the hardholme episode :snoop:

Tyrion's also :trash: without Tywin.
I completely agree with most of this, so many boring parts/episodes last season, said it a day or two ago in here and people weren't feeling it lol

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is why a lot of people criticized books 4 and 5. If you read the bad amazon reviews of Dance With Dragons and Feast For Crows, it will be an almost carbon copy of what you just posted.

Just read some of them and you're absolutely right :wow:.

Especially these two reviews:

In A Feast for Crows, George R.R. Martin's series, begun with A Game of Thrones, goes seriously off the rails. Either he's lost control of the plot or the series has become too popular for his editors to limit his excess. This book drops the tight plotting and character focus of the earlier volumes, instead meandering across the world of Westeros through the eyes of a significant number of truly uninspiring minor characters who, unlike the deceased major characters from previous volumes, will be mercifully forgotten shortly after their certain demise. I can't help but wonder if Martin came to the realization that having killed off so many major characters, he was running out of meaningful plot lines and saw this book as an opportunity to slow the pace down in order to build up a stock of potential plot lines for use in future volumes. If the fifth book had proved to be as dreadful as this volume was, the series would have limped to completion (?) having lost many of its fans.

I find myself skipping large sections whilst trying to read this. I don't really care what Cersei had for breakfast, or see the relevance of knowing the entire family tree of the Prince of Dorne. Martin seems to have killed off his best characters and conveniently 'parked' the others whilst this entire book explores the thoughts and daily activities of what were in the earlier books just supporting roles. Tyrion, Jon, Bran and Daenerys are all 'parked'.
If this was Martin's first book of 'Song of Fire & Ice' it and the author would have disappeared without a trace.
I don't know what HBO will make of it, probably just skip the entire volume because the plot doesn't go anywhere at all. Reviews suggest a Dance of Dragons is no better. This series is going downhill rapidly, which is a great shame because
it all started out so well. Sad to say the series has gone the same way as other multi-volume epics and become nothing more than a money making exercise at the expense of quality story telling.

What's even worse is that the show/HBO have followed it completely :snoop:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you love the Walking Dead though.:stopitslime: Talk about boring and garbage subplots they should be tossed. They still haven't filled the void of Shane.
I thought the Last season of walking dead was more interesting and entertaining than the last season of game of thrones..all I'm saying, get mad :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just read some of them and you're absolutely right :wow:.

Especially these two reviews:

What's even worse is that the show/HBO have followed it completely :snoop:

Those 2 books are great though, especially AFFC. The criticisms are legitimate on certain levels, then the hyperbole kicks in (just like with the show)

Honestly you could write a novel just about the complexity of the reception to those novels:pachaha:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Nobody out here talking about Brienne of Stark pledging herself to the red head goddess Sansa and Reek turning back into Theon:what:

That whole scene was an epic GOT moment and people just wanna talk about subplots that get very little screen time all season:what:
It's one of my favorite moments of the series. Poetic and beautiful.:mjcry:

It's a complete show invention too.:shaq:

Aside from Dorne, I love pretty much all of the stories this first episode set up for the season. The North is going to be insane.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Hmm, I don't see how you can want to toss Arya, Dany, and the lannister plots. They may not be eye popping (no pun intended) every time they're on screen, but it's clear they're building up to be some of the most important pieces in the end. Can they do it better, possibly, haven't read the books so maybe it's mirroring the books, but cutting them is absurd

And tyrion is dope across the board, him in the eyrie, he made traveling with Jorah bearable, him and varys....how can you say he's trash without tywin...negativo

Arya and Danery's plots are going nowhere and they're almost completely disconnected from the main plots. The show didn't need this whole High Sparrow plotline and it seems like it's just there to prevent The Lannister's from naturally falling into the background post-Joffrey, Tywin and Tyrion which is what should have been allowed to happen.

If Tyrion was good without Tywin he would have elevated the boring Danerys stuff that the character has been interjected into, it hasn't happened :francis:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Arya and Danery's plots are going nowhere and they're almost completely disconnected from the main plots. The show didn't need this whole High Sparrow plotline and it seems like it's just there to prevent The Lannister's from naturally falling into the background post-Joffrey, Tywin and Tyrion which is what should have been allowed to happen.

If Tyrion was good without Tywin he would have elevated the boring Danerys stuff that the character has been interjected into, it hasn't happened :francis:
He was with Dany for like one episode.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Lol, Dany got kidnapped two days later, in the time dude decided that he wanted to be on her team and her kidnapping, what was supposed to happen? Y'all want it to be one way but it's the other. Had they showed up in westeros all sorts of questions like these here - where are the dogs, how did they get on the boat, does her necklace power her - would be asked. Either you want a rush job or a story. The fukk was really supposed to happen with tyrion and Dany in that short time. :swaggywhat:

Kings landing not being under lannister rule has quite a few implications for the end game and this is with no one knowing what the end is. Off top i can think - maybe this is what gets the lannisters to get their shyt together, maybe the holy army plays a big role in the white walkers, maybe the people after being ruled by crazy lannisters and crazy religious nuts rise up and vow not to be ruled again and thwart the whole fight for the iron throne or maybe it goes to the tyrells since Margery is so loved...so many ways this can end and you see no story in it? :what: i see nothing but possibility which is why I wonder how this show can possibly end in just 22 more episodes

Arya being a stone cold killer, servant of the many faced god, and warging goddess? All this training, she's going to be a lethal force, again, so many paths she can take, if she just showed up in last Sunday's episode in final form y'all cats would be whining about it not making sense :begone:

All these storylines merge, they are developing in tandem in different parts of the world, seems like you would still like this to be season two where there are a distinct 4-5 entities solely fighting for the crown, if you haven't gotten on board with the bigger picture by now, maybe the show is no longer for you.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It's crazy how the people criticizing this latest episode seem to want an entire season worth of events to have happened in one episode and even if that happened people would still find a reason to complain:yeshrug:
A ton of shyt happened in the finale of 5 and some were like too much happened. This premiere felt more like a usual season finale, or a part 2 of Mothers Mercy.