Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
lot of sons and harvest was sent to fight southern wars and reunite the North ,plus the Knights of the Veil their army now

Daps
Y'all need to quit crying about the "feminism", yes there are strong female characters, but it doesn't come off as trite feminist tropes and rhetoric. they don't beat us over the head to make us remember "girls can do it too" - they do a GREAT job of just making these women CHARACTERS, not FEMALE CHARACTERS. I think the yara/dany convo is the only convo that was full on "yay, the women will rule"

Exactly. nikkas keep forgetting this is the Game of Thrones, where everyone is playing/fighting for the Throne and women are no exception.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Just watched it. I already liked this season, but these last two episodes been fantastic, maybe the best 2 episodes in a row the shows ever done. I was :mjcry: during the king in the north and arya/frey pie scene. Was also surprised ( although looking back not really all that surprising) that Cersei murked all her enemies in one fell swoop, i though that at least one of them would get away. Also was cool to see what's probably my favorite quote from the books find it's way into the Dorne scene.

Minor nitpick, I know this show plays fast and loose with the timeline and geography, but Varys going from Dorne back to Dany's ship has gotta be record setting.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I have thought about this and after another few rewatches this is my "most likely" rankings:

1) Jaehaerys (because it fits the lip reading, Jaeherys was the first to push the prophecy, and it also starts with a J which Ned may have intentionally kept when choosing Jon)

2) Aemon (doesn't fit the lip reading but makes sense in the narrative as a nice parallel to Maester Aemon who helped him blossom

3) Aerys or Aerion (fits the lip reading but doesn't make sense in the narrative)

4) Aegon (possibly fits the lip reading and a potential narrative purpose but Rheagar already had a kid named Aegon)

5) Starky McStarkface

I think it's Jaehaerys or Aemon but, they kinda fukked up the narrative with Jaehaerys as they cut out Jaehaerys II in the show.

In the books, Aegon V is the great-grandfather of the modern Targs. Jaeherys the grandfather. Aerys the father. Then Rhaegar, Viserys and Dany.

In the show, Aegon V is the grandfather. Jaeherys is cut out. Meaning its Aegon who learns the prophecy instead.

Of course, Lyanna/Rhaegar could've simply named Jon after the first Jaeherys who was the longest sitting king in history.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I think it's interesting that the place where Ned Stark was killed was blown up right around the time the Starks are finally getting their shyt back together :lupe:
IO thought it was kinda fukked up how Cersei told them to bury him where the sept used to be. Who the hell buries their child at the place where something happened that made him commit that.