Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
I think it's Jaehaerys or Aemon but, they kinda fukked up the narrative with Jaehaerys as they cut out Jaehaerys II in the show.

In the books, Aegon V is the great-grandfather of the modern Targs. Jaeherys the grandfather. Aerys the father. Then Rhaegar, Viserys and Dany.

In the show, Aegon V is the grandfather. Jaeherys is cut out. Meaning its Aegon who learns the prophecy instead.

Of course, Lyanna/Rhaegar could've simply named Jon after the first Jaeherys who was the longest sitting king in history.

Books: Aegon V Targaryen

Show: Aegon V Targaryen

My question is: when did the show change the lineage? Was it a conversation between characters? Multiple instances? Have the writers addressed this in interviews?

Edit: I should read my own links:skip:

Maester Aemon tells Jon that Egg (Aegon V) is the Mad King's father in the show where he was his Grandfather in the books.

Last edited:
Daps
Yo, so what's gonna happen with the money that the Iron Bank lent to Stannis?

You think they're gonna roll up on Davos like, "Where's my money?" :birdman:

The Iron Bank has to be the biggest crock of shyt the show passes off on us. The Baratheon/Lannister crown stopped paying their debt, so they funded Stannis, who died unable to pay his debt, I forgot what arrangement was made with Mace Tyrrell. How is that bank making any money? :mjlol:

I'm convinced it's just a ponzi scheme for the founders of Bravos: the Faceless Men.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Arya killed that chick to get her face to kill ole boy?

Is there another way to wear peoples faces because flaying it off?:lupe:

Also Can't remember dude's name who got shanked by the kid but what a punk dude couldnt make it 50 feet to blow out those candles and Ayra got gutted knifed turned and then ran a good mile and swam under water.:pachaha:

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

Aegon V Targaryen

Aegon V Targaryen, also called Aegon the Unlikely, and informally known as Egg, is an unseen character in Game of Thrones. He is long dead by the time the series begins.

Aegon V was the fifth king of his name to sit on the Iron Throne and the fifteenth king of the Targaryen dynasty to rule the Seven Kingdoms. He was the father of the Mad King and his sister-wife Queen Rhaella, the grandfather of Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen and the younger brother of Maester Aemon Targaryen. He was dubbed "the Unlikely" because he was the fourth son of Maekar Targaryen, who was in turn the fourth son of Daeron II Targaryen, and thus Aegon was highly unlikely to have inherited the crown.

House Targaryen (look at the family tree)

image.png

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Aegon V Targaryen

Aegon V Targaryen, also called Aegon the Unlikely, and informally known as Egg, is an unseen character in Game of Thrones. He is long dead by the time the series begins.

Aegon V was the fifth king of his name to sit on the Iron Throne and the fifteenth king of the Targaryen dynasty to rule the Seven Kingdoms. He was the father of the Mad King and his sister-wife Queen Rhaella, the grandfather of Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen and the younger brother of Maester Aemon Targaryen. He was dubbed "the Unlikely" because he was the fourth son of Maekar Targaryen, who was in turn the fourth son of Daeron II Targaryen, and thus Aegon was highly unlikely to have inherited the crown.

House Targaryen (look at the family tree)

image.png
fukk. There goes my tinfoil about the 3 lines:lolbron:

I might still roll with Jaehaerys anyway for the other reasons

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Hey European ppl... what is the name for the type of of queen Danyrys and Cersi are?

What I mean is... the Queen Mother is the mother of the reigning king. The Queen Regent is the wife of the current king. Etc.

But... When there is no king at all but there is a woman that assumes the throne, what is their Queen's title?

Queen.

:mjlol:

Like Queen Elizabeth II - you only add extra bits if she's not really a Queen but still want to put some respeck on her name.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Damn, that's such a good scene.

The line that stood out to me most being "Was that just of him? To abandon his subjects to an evil he was too gullible to recognize." That's some pretty deep foreshadowing seeing as how Cersei is in the room as well.

And the second he says wisdom is the moment Cersei's mind starts turning knowing she's going to lose ol' boy.

I would argue that Margaery would've only made him better. Tywin respected her because she knew how to manipulate Joffrey. I suspect he would've appreciated her hold on Tommen as well, while it suited them.

Notice when asked "What makes a good king?" Tommin answers "Holiness" before having any time to think or consider.

So despite Tywin (Wisdom), Cersi, Margery, and others trying to pull him in different directions... when given the opportunity to unite with the crown and faith he ultimately does so because its truly what he belived was the correct thing to do.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Queen.

:mjlol:

Like Queen Elizabeth II - you only add extra bits if she's not really a Queen but still want to put some respeck on her name.

Nah, Someone answered me.

Queen Mother is the woman who is mother of the King.
Queen Consort is the woman who is wife of the King.
Queen Reagent is a woman that happens to be in charge until a king is found.

So Dany/Cersi are Queen Reagents at the moment... but Cersi has been all three at differemt times.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I've watched the episode 5 times now. Just an amazing piece of television.

The interaction between Jon, Mel and Davos got kind of overlooked. Terrific acting. Jon showed Davos that he is a just and fair man but in a much different way than Stannis. Jon had as much a reason to keep Mel around as Stannis did, considering she helped resurrect him, but Jon could not overlook the unjust death of a child. The contrast to Stannis is significant.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans