Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A good writer can create content without ever resorting to filler.
The standard for media has really deteriorated as is evident from these supplicant responses in favor of shortened seasons.

But, in the end its just perogative. If you all are not confident that the writers that have written 67 episodes can write 3 more... okay.
I won't try and make you see it differently.
:yeshrug:

Byt again, if you think they had exactly enough content in the correct order for every season for 6 seasons to be 10 episodes of content, but somehow making season 7 into 10 episodes will come across as filler... idk

In all likelyhood it would have the same tone as the 6 other seasons, except the expectation set previously (10 episodes) wouldt be upheld.
Thats what I think, anyway.

But we'll never know. So it doesn't matter.

So you would have preferred if they came out and said we're doing a mega season for the last season, 15 episodes

That somehow in your mind is different from them breaking up the seasons? Or you would have said they are overdoing and it should be only 10 episodes

See, I just dont get what youre even trying to speak on here. Are you in the writer & production rooms? Do you know much content or story there is to tell? No. You're just bytching to bytch right here

Daps
@Tasha And

The writers point blank said today The Night's King represents death. Not literally death itself but he has no motivation other than wiping out every other character on the show. Also, they said he'll never speak.

So the White Walkers definitely aren't interested in politics, pacts, or parlaying with humans.

Showrunners talk "hurtling toward" the end of Game of Thrones

Fred.

The Night King is basically the Game of Throne's version of The Lich King from Adventure Time.

Both are undead beings that just want to wipe out Humanity.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Glad to hear the Night King will continue to be a non-speaking force of destruction. That's all he should be. :blessed: but also :damn:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
So you would have preferred if they came out and said we're doing a mega season for the last season, 15 episodes

That somehow in your mind is different from them breaking up the seasons? Or you would have said they are overdoing and it should be only 10 episodes

See, I just dont get what youre even trying to speak on here. Are you in the writer & production rooms? Do you know much content or story there is to tell? No. You're just bytching to bytch right here

Fine. Let me give you some context then.

Gather round. I'll tell you a story. But its a scary one... :ufdup:

2013%2F11%2F05%2Fa0%2Fcampfire.43020.gif

See... At one point, long ago... decades even, a season of South Park would be 17-18 episodes.

Then... after the first 6 or so seasons, they realized they could call 14 episodes a season. But the ppl complained!
:feedme:the ppl demanded... but their demands fell on deaf ears, and so the ppl accepted it. :wow:
So the creators pushed out 14 episode seasons for awhile. :lupe:
Only awhile turned into years. :lupe:

Until finally... the showrunners realized that ppl would settle for even less. 10 episodes as a season. :scusthov:

But this time, the ppl had gotten so used to less episodes being the weakened standard that when the mark was further reduced to 10 episodes no one even asked for more. :pacspit:

DESYNSITIZED!
rs_500x385-140317102402-1-LeprechaunSmilingInFlashlight.gif

And THATS, why you speak up against 7 episode seasons.
Because one day 7 episodes will be 6... and 6 will be 5...

Until we are on UK standard where they can release 3 episodes of a show *cough*Black Mirror*cough* and call it a season.
List of Black Mirror episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I expect next season to wrap up "the game" storyline. Dany gets to westeros and wrecks shyt, cersei dies, Arya completes her list, Jon discovers his targ roots and embraces them, etc

then the final season will be all about the war against the white walkers

seems just right

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think the filler argument is a little misplaced since even in 10 episode seasons, they are still skipping important character moments and rushing certain plotlines.

I for one think it's bullshyt that we didnt get a single scene of Bran reacting to what happened with Hodor and Summer. He is the only Stark (aside from Robb, who was dead) that didnt grieve on screen or react to the death of his direwolf. How does he feel about the Hodor situation? Or his role as the 3 eyed raven? Or that the children of the forest are gone? Or his role in the great war period? Hold the door was a crucial character moment and plot point but it happened and then we just skimmed right past everything interesting that would come after so we could get Bran to his next plot point, development of his character be damned.

I have a pretty lengthy list of scenes they just flat out skipped this season that made certain plotlines feel rushed or incomplete. If they cant get to certain character moments in 10 eps, i have my concerns about them being able to do it in 7. Sure we will get big plot moment after big plot moment but the exhaustive details in between are what always made those climaxes satisfying.

I personally dont believe them when they say they only have 13 more eps of content. I think its more likely that they are physically unable to produce a ten episode season going forward given the budget increases and raised standards for action. Season 6 almost killed them and they cant outdo it with more cg (they cant hide the dragons like they have the past 2 aeasons) and still make the spring deadline. I understand that and i am adjusting my expectations accordingly. What they did the last two episodes is unheard of for a tv show and unfair or not, it will be the expectation going into the final act. Its a standard that is impossible to reach in 10 episodes going forward. Big budget movies would struggle to reach that standard in the amount of time the showrunners are given. I get it. But dont tell me that if they did 10 eps it would be filler, even though they are skipping shyt that wouldn't be filler.

Last edited:

Nate Dawg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The people of Kings Landing are a little too receptive towards Cersei though aren't they? Weren't they celebrating the marriage between throne and faith only a few weeks back?

Shouldn't she be the prime suspect in this huge act of terrorism? The main church is fukkin destroyed along with the queen and the high council... and no one cares? They're just gonna blindly pledge allegiance to Cersei now?

I know... nitpicking. Great, GREAT episode.

I wouldn't say they're too recepetive, my brotha.

If you ever get a chance, go back and look at their reactions. Not a single smiling face, in part because I'm sure they know what went down.

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
I was just thinking if Sam went to my middle school, he would have had excelled at that program where you got points for reading books and taking tests on them, and if you had the most points you'd get pizza or some prize.

I would have had Sam take a couple test on the books that gave up large of of points for me.