Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
vinyls couldn't hold more content than that. longer albums became the norm after CD's became the standard.
the 90's people's albums were still hitting for less than 13/15 tracks on average, when cd's and cassettes were alf the sales, the 20+ song album didnt get hot until later most of it driven by "deluxe" and limited editions

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I am curious to see what happens to River Run and the Frey's territory now.
Maybe Littlefinger will march the Vale army down there and snatch it all up. Adding them to his collection will be a nice step up on the ladder to power he is climbing.

As far as the Frey's territory goes there are plenty of Frey men to succeed Walder. It's more about what direction that person wants to take rather than who is gonna march down there and take their territory. Apparently that bridge their towers are built over is impenetrable unless they want you to pass which is why Robb had to pledge marriage to use it.

Unless Arya snuck Edmure out of his cell he is still a prisoner and the Tully's can't just run up and free him.

Daps
GRRM cant finish writing his books...:scust:
The showrunners cant be bothered to make 10 episode seasons anymore...:scust:

Such a clumsy handling of a highly-praised brand.

If you were a writer you'd understand how hard it is to write a book.

Writing multiple interweaving plot lines / povs while trying to stay consistent and not make mistakes is hard.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
If you were a writer you'd understand how hard it is to write a book.

Writing multiple interweaving plot lines / povs while trying to stay consistent and not make mistakes is hard.

:whoa: I am not minimizing the role of the writer.

I own a bookstore. :childplease:

I wouldn't hold a person to an unachievable standard. I am only holding GRRM to his own standard. He has already written several books of very high quality (I'm looking at a couple of them on my desk right now). Its only reasonable that he finish what he started. To do otherwise is in poor taste.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
:stopitslime:

So people like you are the reason I have to suffer through 75 minute albums that are half filler
:childplease:

40 minute albums >>>>>>>>*

:lawd:

:wtf: At the thought of stretching the GOT out with even more filler just to fill an imaginary quota that was set by greedy networks who never cared about quality, only money

Bizarro world. Please dont ever become a TV or record exec

And yet, other people complain about how there's too much filler and the show needs to move more quickly. These are typically the same people complaining about how Littlefinger and Varys fast travel to places. Most of the criticism for the show really doesn't make sense. There are aspects of bad writing on the show (e.g. Dorne), but people get fixated on the wrong things.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I'm thinking when it comes to the epic final episodes in the next two shortened seasons we could be seeing $15-$20 million plus budgets PER EPISODE.

Did you ever in your life think a cotdauymn TV series would be able to have this level of epicness brehs...take Blackwater, WOTW, Hardhome and BOTB and think orders of magnitude bigger than that as bodies drop by the metric shyt ton, dragons fly and torch every corner of the screen, and several armies clash at once over the realm.

And there's more real talent behind and in front of the camera on this show than in most of the bullshyt big expensive movies foisted on us these days. :blessed:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

the showrunners are TELLING you how many episodes they need to finish their story

you say you're against filler, then you make this post? :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Tasha And

The writers point blank said today The Night's King represents death. Not literally death itself but he has no motivation other than wiping out every other character on the show. Also, they said he'll never speak.

So the White Walkers definitely aren't interested in politics, pacts, or parlaying with humans.

Showrunners talk "hurtling toward" the end of Game of Thrones

Fred.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Why do you care how many episodes are in a season as long as the material is presented well? Did more episodes make the bore that is the book 4 and 5 material any better?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
the showrunners are TELLING you how many episodes they need to finish their story

you say you're against filler, then you make this post? :mjlol:

A good writer can create content without ever resorting to filler.
The standard for media has really deteriorated as is evident from these supplicant responses in favor of shortened seasons.

But, in the end its just perogative. If you all are not confident that the writers that have written 67 episodes can write 3 more... okay.
I won't try and make you see it differently.
:yeshrug:

Byt again, if you think they had exactly enough content in the correct order for every season for 6 seasons to be 10 episodes of content, but somehow making season 7 into 10 episodes will come across as filler... idk

In all likelyhood it would have the same tone as the 6 other seasons, except the expectation set previously (10 episodes) wouldt be upheld.
Thats what I think, anyway.

But we'll never know. So it doesn't matter.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
At the same time that I don't want em to get corny and try to do a sudden reversal, I do want the Walkers to be more fleshed out in the story. Somehow the reveal we got with Bran and Leaf (in the Weirwood cave) was a little too easy. I think that since the supernatural elements are going to come to the fore even more than now in the next seasons we will still be in for some surprises. The relationship of the Starks especially to the Night's Watch, COTF, Wall and the Walkers can still be put into play.