Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
John doesn't need service, he needs help.
And LF is capable of helping him.

LF has no interest in helping him. Helping Jon won't A. put LF on the Iron Throne or B. make Sansa fukk him.

Either they are gonna do 10 more episodes or 20 more episodes.
HBO has it in a set timeslot. I doubt they aren't gonna do a 15 episode season, or a 10 ep season followed by a 5 episode season.

It still has to fit the airing schedule.

season 1 = 10 eps
season 2 = 10 eps
season 3 = 10 eps
season 4 = 10 eps
season 5 = 10 eps
season 6 = 10 eps

season 7 isn't gonna all of a sudden be 15... so after it airs the 10 episodes, if they want another season then they need to write 10 more, not 5.

:dwillhuh:

They've been saying 13-15 episodes for weeks now. The only thing new is the confirmation.

The airing schedule is irrelevant because HBO doesn't have to worry about things like time slots or commercials. They can do whatever they want.

Fred.

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
Good. :yeshrug:

Let this shyt end on a high note. I realize HBO is scrambling for their next hit but I'm glad they got enough sense to end this when the writers want.

Fred.

I don't have a problem with that, but I hate that we are gonna have 7 in 2017 and 8 in 2018. Just drop all 15 next year or something.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
LF has no interest in helping him. Helping Jon won't A. put LF on the Iron Throne or B. make Sansa fukk him.

:dwillhuh:

They've been saying 13-15 episodes for weeks now. The only thing new is the confirmation.

The airing schedule is irrelevant because HBO doesn't have to worry about things like time slots or commercials. They can do whatever they want.

Fred.

Thats not what I mean.
What I mean is they are gonna have 3 hours of primetime on HBO filled with who knows what by airing a 7 episode season (instead of a 10).

And also, the viewers are receiving less product by calling 7 episodes a season. Thats like a UK season length.

Daps
Thats not what I mean.
What I mean is they are gonna have 3 hours of primetime on HBO filled with who knows what by airing a 7 episode season (instead of a 10).

And also, the viewers are receiving less product by calling 7 episodes a season. Thats like a UK season length.
HBO has done shortened and lengthened seasons many times in the past. It's a non-issue

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
I looked it up... they are being stingy by making little half seasons now to fit that criteria.

season 1 = 10 eps
season 2 = 10 eps
season 3 = 10 eps
season 4 = 10 eps
season 5 = 10 eps
season 6 = 10 eps

season 7 is now all of a sudden only gonna be 7 episodes. :scust:

As long as episodes are an hour in length, i'm good. No filler either. This season there was may be 2 episodes of filler plus a lot of the episodes were 50 minutes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thats not what I mean.

They're not going to write 20 episodes to fill a slot.

They did the same thing with "The Sopranos". Seasons 1-5 were 13 episodes each, season 6 was 21 episodes broken down into 2 parts (12 eps, and 9 eps).

So it's not as if this is the first time it's happened on the network. AMC did the same thing with season 6 of "Breaking Bad" and they have a lot less leeway than HBO because it's basic cable.

Fred.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
One of the few complaints I've had about this show (and HBO prestige dramas in general) is they're competently shot but the cinematography doesn't really stand out. They don't experiment much with camera placement, or editing, for framing. Even when they have guest directors like Michael Slovis, their work is indistinguishable from any other episode.

This episode though....I don't know who directed it but they killed it. It's the best season finale of the series (so far) and easily the best looking episode of the entire series.

Not much else to say besides #Starkset. Oh, speaking of which I'm kinda :what: at #Targset trying to claim Jon. I realize he has Targaryan blood.....but he don't know yall. At all. He grew up with the Starks, seen Ned as his father, sees Winterfell as his home, and just risked his life to take it back. At least let him realize he's related to yall before you claim him. As of right now it's not a factor.

Fred.
Miguel directed this one also :yes: Dude is on a hot streak.

Daps
I don't have a problem with that, but I hate that we are gonna have 7 in 2017 and 8 in 2018. Just drop all 15 next year or something.
Lady Mormont's gonna be taller than Sansa by time the finale is filmed:huhldup:

Things are clearly coming to a head, I think 13-15 episodes is ample time to wrap things up.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
One of the few complaints I've had about this show (and HBO prestige dramas in general) is they're competently shot but the cinematography doesn't really stand out. They don't experiment much with camera placement, or editing, for framing. Even when they have guest directors like Michael Slovis, their work is indistinguishable from any other episode.

This episode though....I don't know who directed it but they killed it. It's the best season finale of the series (so far) and easily the best looking episode of the entire series.

Miguel Sapochnik is the best director the show's had since Alan Taylor's work in Seasons 1-2.

He's now directed 2 of the highest-rated eps in its whole run: Hardhome (508) and BOTB (609). Actually, this finale may get him again into the upper tier. I didn't know the nikka from Adam when he started out but like brehs been saying, if they could lock him in for the rest of the whole series it'd benefit; but that workload would kill a man. Hell, I can't believe Lynch directed the entire S3 of TWIN PEAKS comin up (he old) and that show is a small fraction of the size of GoT.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

If they do 15 all at once we probably won't see them until late 2018 man. The turnaround on these prestige dramas, especially one as large as "Game Of Thrones", is huge.

Fred.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Tullys get their castle back but what do you think will happen to the Twins or the Crossing (Freys land)?
That depends on how Jon wants it to go. Frey has a shyt load of sons so someone from his family could inherit it, unless Jon pulls a Tywin and wipes them all out but I don't think he will. I also don't think the Freys can count on the Lannisters after what Jamie said to Walder, and especially now with Cersei running shyt.
I can easily see Jon stripping the remaining Freys of their houses, lands, and titles and giving it to a Northern family or perhaps even Davos.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
They're not going to write 20 episodes to fill a slot.

They did the same thing with "The Sopranos". Seasons 1-5 were 13 episodes each, season 6 was 21 episodes broken down into 2 parts (12 eps, and 9 eps).

So it's not as if this is the first time it's happened on the network. AMC did the same thing with season 6 of "Breaking Bad" and they have a lot less leeway than HBO because it's basic cable.

Fred.

I get that. I have boxsets that are variable by season as to episode count (Southpark, Futurama, etc...) but its always bad when they do that. Thats how you see shows like Lost, Once Upon a Time, etc airing 'recap' episodes and clipshows and specials that aren't really special at all.

I am against filler.

7 episodes isn't even a season to me. Its like a miniseries.
The same thing happened to music awhile back.

Albums used to be 20 songs. Now10 songs is considered an LP.
:scust: Standards are lowering annually across all mediums and its really a shame.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Game of Thrones Showrunners Confirm There Are Only 15 Episodes Left, Max:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confirm-there-are-only-15-e-1782731578
JKdXI2.gif

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
One thing I notcied is the chandeliers in the library of Citadel is what's spinning during the opening credits. That's a bit of useless info but it's pretty cool.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#Startset King Back :blessed:
ILC303-1.gif

Her Excellence Arya, assassin of House Stark :banderas:
Turned the Frey boys into mincemeat fruit cakes :mjlol:
Young Mormont with the Bear Island Excellence :wow:
What's that? The GOAT Jon #targset? :rudy: :camby:
It's #Starkset #3sets #Kingback :blessed: