Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I've finished the first 5. Couldn't have done it without audio books. Thank u torrents lol.

:ohhh: So the books are easier to read through with the audio books?

Just downloaded the audio books for the 5 books...

:francis: Was hoping it would be narrated by George R.R. Martin or the actors from the show like those Complete History & Lore features from the Blu-ray sets.

I'm listening to AGOT now shoutout @beanz
I like old dude's scratchy old radio voice, except I hate when he fukks up the names, namely calling LF puh-tire :snoop:

some of his voices are :scust:. im up to book 3 now and i just noticed he has edmure tully sounding like a pirate. jamie too for that matter. and tyrion sounds like a leprechaun :dead:.

if anybody else wants the books in audio form, here's a link to the ones i uploaded.

total file size is 1.4 GB but its all 5 books. if u download to your phone just get a m4b player. i use Smart AudioBook Player on android. best one ive tried so far.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3n5T0n7-TnoLWhIZk9taXkyNk0/view?pli=1

Khal Drogo sounds like a convalescent having an orgasm too

But dude recorded these well before the show, yeah? If so he had to just run with what he thought them to be so I'm not mad at him. Kinda cool to hear someone else's interpretation

fukk it, I don't care about being spoiled. I'm about to google shyt about the next up coming episodes and I'm gonna listen too all five books these next four days I have off.

GoT nikka and what?

:mjlol: According to Audible.com, the Audio books for each of the 5 ASOIAF books ranges from 33 hours-49 Hours. You gonna be listening to these for months.

Or he can listen for a week straight 24/7 :leon:

I just read my first chapter in over a year (Catelyn V from Book 1) while listening to the audio book...

:whoo: This shyt really does make reading the books easier!!!

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Here is my reason for believing HE IS DEAD

Brienne, unlike anyone in this series has no life whatsoever . All she knows how to to is keep her promises/oaths. Did you see her patiently standing there waiting for Sansa to light that candle from a distance???

The fact that the directors showed you that speaks volumes about her dedication to keeping her oath. Again, the woman has NO LIFE whatsoever other than keeping these oaths. She would not have let Stannis live.

NOW, if you tell me Stannis will be brought back to life somehow...I'll give you that. :manny:

Dont jump ship quite yet, breh

I see how you are making that assumption.

And I am not mad either way, Brianne is plain stupid if she doesnt chop it up with Stannis.

She out here rocking lannister gold with half of Neds sword, the sword that cut the head off the husband of the woman she swore an oath to.

Stannis tells her to "Do your duty". At this point Briannes duty is to rescue Sansa, all that Renly shyt is dead breh.

But regardless, has the show ever killed a main character and not shown the corpse, im not sure.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I just read my first chapter in over a year (Catelyn V from Book 1) while listening to the audio book...

:whoo: This shyt really does make reading the books easier!!!
I don't know how yall are hating on the homie Roy Dotrice. he's one dude that does all those voices. and he keeps them distinct, so you're never confused about who's talking

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I see how you are making that assumption.

And I am not mad either way, Brianne is plain stupid if she doesnt chop it up with Stannis.

She out here rocking lannister gold with half of Neds sword, the sword that cut the head off the husband of the woman she swore an oath to.

Stannis tells her to "Do your duty". At this point Briannes duty is to rescue Sansa, all that Renly shyt is dead breh.

But regardless, has the show ever killed a main character and not shown the corpse, im not sure.

To me this would explain why brienne didnt off him because so far she has been a failure with Renly and Caitlin and her only way to save sansa is to team up with stannis so she might have let him live in order to do her duty

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I don't know how yall are hating on the homie Roy Dotrice. he's one dude that does all those voices. and he keeps them distinct, so you're never confused about who's talking
he calls Winterfell Winterfall and Littlefinger "peh-tire", but overall i love his readings. i just wouldn't have chosen all of the voices he chose, but like i said, interpretation of the reader is part of the fun

squiddyB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#walkerset
Alright, S6 prediction time:

Stannis the kinslayer may be spared by brienne because his words reminds her of her duty to protect Sansa. I bet we'll see episode 1 next season starting with that swing of the sword, but the sword just hitting the tree Stannis is sitting against. She'll say "You don't deserve a swift death" or some shyt, and then leave to find Sansa (which she will, after which point she'll probably want to take her to the Wall to see Jon.) Stannis will be wounded, but he will survive, and will travel incognito to the wall. He realizes that there's nothing left for him in the Seven Kingdoms, and so he decides to take the black - from king, to stable boy :mjlol:

Dany is captured by the Khalasar, because they recognize her as a widow of Khal Drogo. It is the duty of all widows to retreat to the only standing city of Dothraki. Daario and Jorah tracks her down, as does her dragon. The Dothraki won't give a shyt about Daario/Jorah, and will capture them, and see that Jorah has gray scale - which will lead to him being killed before Dany. Then Drogon pops up and the dothraki are scared shytless, because a dragon is like a god horse to them. They see how Drogon yields to Dany, and so they all vow to serve Dany because of the ancient prophecies or some shyt that foretells about this :yeshrug:

Jaime captures Tristane and brings him back to King's Landing to be executed as retribution for the death of his daughter. When Cersei finds about, she hesitates to carry on the execution. She's finally realized that she doesn't have as much power as she thought she had, and that a war on two fronts (versus Dorne, and versus WesterISIS) will bring ruin to them. She holds Tristaine captive for the moment while she tries to remove the hold the High Sparrow has on King's Landing. Oh, and she stumbles on her son fukking Margery :dead:

Eventually, there'll be a trial held anyway, accusing Tristane of the murder of Myrcella, and he'll ask for a trial of combat. Cersei sends out ZombieMountain, but to everyone's surprise - the Hound pops out of nowhere, scarred and disfigured, wishing to fight for Tristane :ooh:

Mellisandrey stumbles upon Jon's body in the snow (the watch left him there as a warning to the others), and while shaken in her faith she tries to ressurect him. Surprise, surprise, he's ressurected! But something is wrong... the colour of his eyes has changed to blue. Something else ressurected Jon rather than the Lord of Light. Anyway, we won't find out what ressurected him, but Mellisandrey tells Jon that he's not safe there at the wall, and that he should go to his Wildling friends. She tells him to take the Wildling Army south to Winterfell, as she realizes that it must have been Jon in her dreams that caused the burning bolton flags

Arya turns blind, and spends another season in Braavos.
Bran returns as a tree god and does nothing wortwhile.
Tyrion takes charge of Mereen until Dany returns with her Dothraki horde and says its time to leave for Westeros :salute:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Before Stannis says this Brienne tells him she was a Kings guard to King Renly. Whom she is convinced was killed by Stannis. So now you're gonna tell me you really think the "duty" stannis is referring to is that of rescuing Sansa???
Doggy are you high? :mindblown:
And how would Stannis know about her having an oath to rescue Sansa anyway?? If you're saying Stannis means for her to rescue Sansa by "your duty".

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Stannis the kinslayer may be spared by brienne because his words reminds her of her duty to protect Sansa. I bet we'll see episode 1 next season starting with that swing of the sword, but the sword just hitting the tree Stannis is sitting against. She'll say "You don't deserve a swift death" or some shyt, and then leave to find Sansa (which she will, after which point she'll probably want to take her to the Wall to see Jon.) Stannis will be wounded, but he will survive, and will travel incognito to the wall. He realizes that there's nothing left for him in the Seven Kingdoms, and so he decides to take the black - from king, to stable boy :mjlol:

Dany is captured by the Khalasar, because they recognize her as a widow of Khal Drogo. It is the duty of all widows to retreat to the only standing city of Dothraki. Daario and Jorah tracks her down, as does her dragon. The Dothraki won't give a shyt about Daario/Jorah, and will capture them, and see that Jorah has gray scale - which will lead to him being killed before Dany. Then Drogon pops up and the dothraki are scared shytless, because a dragon is like a god horse to them. They see how Drogon yields to Dany, and so they all vow to serve Dany because of the ancient prophecies or some shyt that foretells about this :yeshrug:

Jaime captures Tristane and brings him back to King's Landing to be executed as retribution for the death of his daughter. When Cersei finds about, she hesitates to carry on the execution. She's finally realized that she doesn't have as much power as she thought she had, and that a war on two fronts (versus Dorne, and versus WesterISIS) will bring ruin to them. She holds Tristaine captive for the moment while she tries to remove the hold the High Sparrow has on King's Landing. Oh, and she stumbles on her son fukking Margery :dead:

Eventually, there'll be a trial held anyway, accusing Tristane of the murder of Myrcella, and he'll ask for a trial of combat. Cersei sends out ZombieMountain, but to everyone's surprise - the Hound pops out of nowhere, scarred and disfigured, wishing to fight for Tristane :ooh:

Mellisandrey stumbles upon Jon's body in the snow (the watch left him there as a warning to the others), and while shaken in her faith she tries to ressurect him. Surprise, surprise, he's ressurected! But something is wrong... the colour of his eyes has changed to blue. Something else ressurected Jon rather than the Lord of Light. Anyway, we won't find out what ressurected him, but Mellisandrey tells Jon that he's not safe there at the wall, and that he should go to his Wildling friends. She tells him to take the Wildling Army south to Winterfell, as she realizes that it must have been Jon in her dreams that caused the burning bolton flags

Tyrion takes charge of Mereen until Dany returns with her Dothraki horde and says its time to leave for Westeros :salute:

:ohhh:

You might be real close to the mark with that theory. There is theory page on reddit dealing with it, and it makes a crazy amount of sense.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

:dead: @ You sneaking the Clegane Bowl up in there

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Before Stannis says this Brienne tells him she was a Kings guard to King Renly. Whom she is convinced was killed by Stannis. So not you're gonna tell me you really think the "duty" stannis is referring to is that of rescuing Sansa???
Doggy are you high? :mindblown:
And how would Stannis know about her having an oath to rescue Sansa anyway?? If you're saying Stannis means for her to rescue Sansa by "your duty".

You missed the flip there

Stannis says duty referring to Renly

Brienne hears duty and is then reminded of Sansa. Stannis being unaware that he triggered that thought in her.